PDA

View Full Version : pictures of my children and me

mara
August 7th, 2004, 07:18 PM
I posted some pictures of my children, grandchildren and me taken the day of my son's wedding if anyone is interested.This is really scary for me because part of my illness (an anxiety disorder) involves the fear of rejection and I don't like people to see me..If I go out on the porch and hear a car I have to go inside. Please be kind..I know that I look like a middle aged, overweight sunday school teacher..with saggy pantyhose. This is sort of a big risk for me...I trust you people.Oh yeah, I didn't know how to post them here so they're in the community photo album.

Holly Ariadna
August 7th, 2004, 07:40 PM
Awww, they're wonderful! :) Which one is you?

mara
August 7th, 2004, 07:46 PM
I'm the old blonde...

Velvet
August 7th, 2004, 07:48 PM
You look wonderful! :hugz:

*Rain*
August 7th, 2004, 07:53 PM
Hey Mara, i'm guessing both of the girls are yours because I think they look really like you. I think the whole family photo is really lovely. You can see the family resemblances in it really well. Was it for a special occasion?

mara
August 7th, 2004, 08:07 PM
Thank you. The picture was taken in our front "lawn"( we don't really have lawns at the beach) the day of my son's wedding. He's the one in the navy uniform.

Holly Ariadna
August 8th, 2004, 07:24 AM
I'm the old blonde...

Hey, maybe it would help if you tried to increase your self-concience? :D Fine, you're not 20 anymore, and yeah, so you weigh more than 100lbs like most super-models do, but who gives a damn?? From what I've read in your posts here you seem to be a wonderful person, very sweet, nice, smart and caring, and from what I can see on your photo, you seem to take care of yourself very well, which I think is so much more important than what you look like physically. Some people walk around looking like walking trash-cans just because they can't be bothered taking care of themselves (*cough*my ex*cough* ;)) and that's something I personally can't stand. I hope you know what I mean... You have nothing of yourself to be ashamed of, but plently of things to be f*cking PROUD of! :hugz: PLEASE believe me when I say this, all right? Because seriously, if it wasn't true, I wouldn't have bother writing such a long post about it. ;)

Faery-Wings
August 8th, 2004, 07:42 AM
Darn, I wanted to see them. But I can't find them. I searched and only got someone named ceilamara or soemthing similar.

And ditto to what Holly said.

:hugz:

Earthy
August 8th, 2004, 11:05 AM
Mara,you look lovely :) I hate my photo taken too but really you have nothing to worry about,you look great.:hugz:

mara
August 9th, 2004, 02:48 AM
Thank you everyone, I really appreciate your kind words- they mean a lot to me.

Holly Ariadna
August 9th, 2004, 07:30 PM
Thank you everyone, I really appreciate your kind words- they mean a lot to me.

Great to hear that. :hugz:

OriginalWacky
August 9th, 2004, 07:59 PM
I must be picture stupid, because I can't find your pics. Can somebody link them?