PDA

View Full Version : Pregnancy question

Khuinaset
August 8th, 2004, 11:59 AM
Okay...this isn't for me, but I'd like to be able to help a friend out some. Him and his fiancee have been TTC. She had her period, and it was shorter and lighter than usual, and it ended on Wednesday. The last time they slept together was Friday night; and she called him up on Sunday, convinced she had morning sickness(cooking eggs, and the smell had made her sick). She has absolutely no other symptoms of any kind of illness, no headaches, fever, etc. Isn't two days a little soon for that? and is there any chance they could have conceived before the period, since it was lighter than usual?

Thanks guys :)

Aowyn
August 8th, 2004, 12:20 PM
Okay...this isn't for me, but I'd like to be able to help a friend out some. Him and his fiancee have been TTC. She had her period, and it was shorter and lighter than usual, and it ended on Wednesday. The last time they slept together was Friday night; and she called him up on Sunday, convinced she had morning sickness(cooking eggs, and the smell had made her sick). She has absolutely no other symptoms of any kind of illness, no headaches, fever, etc. Isn't two days a little soon for that? and is there any chance they could have conceived before the period, since it was lighter than usual?

Thanks guys :)
entirely possible i had 2 light periods at the begining of my pregnancy, and you wanna talk about morning sickness whew. Went down to the innerharbor and the mere scent of the water made me feel like i was gonna heave and pass out, granted i was 2 months and didnt know it at that point but in answer to your question yes definately. :sick:

Shanti
August 8th, 2004, 03:25 PM
If they messed around prior..sure. But if they only did it 2 days befor she showed signs..nope. The egg doesnt even implant untill like 5-7 days after fertilization.

soilsigh aingeal
August 8th, 2004, 06:58 PM
If she was sure she wasn't before they had sex, there's no way that two days would start symptoms.

Khuinaset
August 8th, 2004, 07:26 PM
If they messed around prior..sure. But if they only did it 2 days befor she showed signs..nope. The egg doesnt even implant untill like 5-7 days after fertilization.

Well, there was messing around prior.

If she was sure she wasn't before they had sex, there's no way that two days would start symptoms.

The way I understood it, the thought hadn't occured to either of them before they had sex, because there weren't any side effects happening...

Starpixie
August 9th, 2004, 11:20 AM
I had implantation bleeding with all four of my pregnancies. It lasts for a few days and is really light. Could it be that?

Faeawyn
August 9th, 2004, 11:54 AM
If its possible that she is pregnant from previous times, then she needs to find out quickly. She needs to start taking precautions as far is how she treats her body. And she needs to be on prenatals. But I agree with everyone here....No way she'd know only 2 days later. She would have to be much further along.

Khuinaset
August 9th, 2004, 12:21 PM
Actually, the implantation bleeding makes sense. They're going to see if that could be it, and get her to a dr. to try and find out(and get prescriptions for prenatals) as soon as they can. Thanks a ton guys! :)

Kalika
August 9th, 2004, 10:43 PM
Entirely possible. She should probabaly wait a couple of weeks, and then take a pregnancy test... because most of them are only effective after a certain amount of time. Or, if she wants to be more sure, she could go to a clinic and have a test done.