PDA

View Full Version : Elf Watercolor

Chantrea
August 10th, 2004, 05:00 PM
This was supposed to be a little girl with ribbons in her hair for one of my art homeworks at school ... what can I say, everything I draw takes a fantasy twist.

The only thing I really *don't* like about this is that someone told me the pencil would erase after I painted over it ... :geez: bad, bad person. Oh, and my scanner cut off a good portion of it.

Other than that, what do you think?

Faeawyn
August 10th, 2004, 05:12 PM
I think she's awesome. But she reminds me more of a water sprite. Must be the aqua colors :lol: Very nice style tho :hehehehe:

Aurin
August 10th, 2004, 05:15 PM
definitely an intriguing piece -- real nice =D I vote for a water sprite as well... gotta be the colors =D

Linx
August 10th, 2004, 06:53 PM
Gorgeous!

Chantrea
August 10th, 2004, 07:18 PM
Thanks everyone! :smile: I've never actually given much thought to her as anything other than an elf before ... maybe thats why I haven't noticed the sprite-like resemblance. I may have to rename it!

Infinite Muse
August 10th, 2004, 11:51 PM
beautiful .. i so wish i knew how to watercolour stuff

Chantrea
August 11th, 2004, 12:08 AM
beautiful .. i so wish i knew how to watercolour stuff

Oh. That piece was easier than it looks ... although, rather time consuming. Its basically just a form of watercolor pointalism. Taking the brush and dotting the paper with layers of color, from light to dark. Waiting for it to dry inbetween coats.

My handicapped version of real watercoloring ... I'm not that good either. :weirdsmil

djc114
August 12th, 2004, 03:16 AM
Wow. That's really beautiful! I *heart* watercolor.

Druchii
September 4th, 2004, 06:35 PM
This was supposed to be a little girl with ribbons in her hair for one of my art homeworks at school ... what can I say, everything I draw takes a fantasy twist.

The only thing I really *don't* like about this is that someone told me the pencil would erase after I painted over it ... :geez: bad, bad person. Oh, and my scanner cut off a good portion of it.

Other than that, what do you think?

That is a wonder bit of stylization and control on your part. It depends on the type of pencil you use whether or not it goes away.