PDA

View Full Version : Telescos "Advanced Wicca"

Moondragon
February 26th, 2001, 10:23 AM
I have a question for everyone I had been one of the few people which were eagerly expecting this book to come a awhile ago. What I wanted to know is if anyone had seen it. As far as I now citadel press went out of business and canceld it's release date. But when I went to the book store last week I saw 2 copies there. Of course I grabed both..hehe I gave one to my mother who also wanted it badly. anyways I haven't seen it anywhere else before or after anytime I ask the booksellers they say it isn't in print. What does everyone think? BTW the book is great kudos to telesco!!

Ari
February 27th, 2001, 01:33 AM
What topics are covered in the book?

Ari
February 27th, 2001, 01:40 AM
what other books do people recommend for more "advanced" students, ie those that have been practicing for a couple of years and are sick to death of Wicca 101s...

Armitage
February 27th, 2001, 02:20 AM
Thankyouthankyouthankyou!!
Great question! There's only so many different points of view you can go through in the whole 'intro' deal before you get bored mindless.
*hopes for lots of answers*

Lynnaea
February 27th, 2001, 11:17 PM
goodness yes, there are so many Wicca 101 books on the shelf filled with fluffy pink spells.
To really get your teeth into the subject, read anything by the Ferrars (Stewart and Janet), like the Witches Bible, the God or the Witches, the Goddess of the witches, what witches do.

Lynnaea
February 27th, 2001, 11:23 PM
Originally posted by Moondragon
I have a question for everyone I had been one of the few people which were eagerly expecting this book to come a awhile ago. What I wanted to know is if anyone had seen it. As far as I now citadel press went out of business and canceld it's release date. But when I went to the book store last week I saw 2 copies there. Of course I grabed both..hehe I gave one to my mother who also wanted it badly. anyways I haven't seen it anywhere else before or after anytime I ask the booksellers they say it isn't in print. What does everyone think? BTW the book is great kudos to telesco!!

I just checked bookfinder.com, a search that checkes bookstores all over the US and England. They show there are many copies for sale with prices from $10.50 to $20.00
check it out http://www.bookfinder.com
Author is Telesco, Patricia
Title is Advanced Wicca: Exploring Deeper Levels of Spiritual Skills & Masterful Magick

mol
February 28th, 2001, 12:32 AM
Now that would be a good topic in its own....recommendations for Advanced Wicca...Adanced "Whatever"!

Moondragon
February 28th, 2001, 02:44 AM
There are some really good books which I would recomend to anyone wanting to get more serious...

Ravenwolfs Triology
to ride a silver broom stick- basically 101
to stir a magick cauldron- Intermedate lvl
to light a sacred Flame- More advanced

And Ann Mouras triology
Green withcraft 1,2,& 3 specifically 2.

If you read these I would recomend reading the basics first to get to understand the authors:)

Ari
February 28th, 2001, 04:03 AM
I'll second the recommendation for "A Witches' Bible" by Janet and Stewart Farrar, although I read that very early on. I also like Vivianne Crowley's "Wicca: The Old Religion in the New Millenium" (although both are strongly Alexandrian - not my trad.) I'd suggest a little history: Margot Adler's "Drawing Down the Moon", Hutton's "Triumph of the Moon" is supposedly good although inaccurate in the bits where he refers to Australian pagans. Starhawk's "Dreaming the Dark" is good for power relationships, group dynamics and the relationship spirituality has with political activism.

edited to add: for those who get a bit...offended about this sort of thing, "A Witches Bible" includes nude photos of the Farrars in their ritual get up. Basically don't leave it around where your Gran might find it ;)

Lady Tana
February 28th, 2001, 10:50 AM
Originally posted by Ari
don't leave it around where your Gran might find it ;)
hahaha how did you know i did that?? she didnt appreciate it either!!

*snicker*

Ari
March 1st, 2001, 01:26 AM
*lol* I know my Gran went through my stuff once, and at least saw my bookshelf and altar...she didn't say anything though.