PDA

View Full Version : Messanic Errors

Ron
August 15th, 2004, 12:49 PM
This is my new most favourite single page on the internet. (Sorry MW, you got beat! :p)

:dancy: http://www.messianic.com/articles/errors.htm :dancy:

I also love the way they say Yesh(o)ua insted of Jesus. Spread your opinions!

DO NOT get me wrong: I follow the inspiration that we find in the Bible, but there are parts that I do not agree with... like:
If any man come to me, and hate not his father, and mother, and wife, and children, and brethren, and sisters, yea, and his own life also, he cannot be my disciple. I don't particularly like that one

But meh... Opinions on the Messianic Errors page are WELCOME!

Morr
August 15th, 2004, 01:02 PM
awesomeness!!

Also - Yehoshua was his real name in Arameic/Hebrew... Twas NOT Jesus...

Pol
August 15th, 2004, 01:19 PM
somthing tells me that the point of that verse is completely lost in the translation thereof. I'd reckon it to mean probably more along the lines of being willing to disregard..but I've never studied it.

Pol
August 15th, 2004, 01:20 PM
that was a completely off-topic post.
on-topic: i'll be sure and check that site out..
(and I'm so tired of the word Jesus!)

Pendragon343
November 22nd, 2004, 02:17 AM
They actually Anglicized ALL the names in the Bible. There's nobody in the Bible named Moses, for instance; it was Moshe. "Isaiah" is really Isayahu.

Ron
November 22nd, 2004, 10:19 PM
They actually Anglicized ALL the names in the Bible. There's nobody in the Bible named Moses, for instance; it was Moshe. "Isaiah" is really Isayahu.
Yes of course... it's a pitty that the Preacher Man at a very friendly Evangelican church said I was the Devil's Son for telling him that. lol