PDA

View Full Version : The case the evil tooth...or Is this making my milk low?

Aowyn
August 17th, 2004, 12:38 AM
Ok there is this tooth an evil tooth that broke while I was pregnant last year, when it happened I went to the dentist who looked at it and said since it wasnt causing any pain he would rather not mess with it because of said pregnancy....speed ahead to last thursday. The toothache stirs causing lots of pain (more than I remember from having the baby actually) Now since I am nursing my pain releif options are rather limited so I have been toughing it out as much as possible cause my little monkey had an allergic reaction on sunday after I took Acetametaphin...which someone said was safe but thats a whole nother ball of wax.

Anyway I noticed that my milk supply is diminishing suddenly and was wondering if the tooth might be the cause or maybe the medicine? Anyone got a clue for me? :wth: :lookaroun

morrigen
August 17th, 2004, 01:22 AM
All I can think of is that maybe your body is having a physiological reaction to the pain and stress...maybe getting ready to conserve all it's energy to fight the infection, therefore decreasing other types of production (like milk).

Or an adverse reaction to medication.

However, this doesn't help at all...I have heard that almonds stimulate production, worth a try, but I'd also have a chat with your doctor and your dentist.

Ugh. Poor you. Good luck with it all. :)

Amethyst Rose
August 17th, 2004, 12:41 PM
Yeah, I'm inclined to say that it's from pain and stress as well. I'd get the tooth taken care of, myself. :)

Shanti
August 17th, 2004, 12:44 PM
Teeth can play a role in over all health of the body. That can affect milk. You can get the tooth fixed now that you are breast feeding. Novacaine is local and doesnt affect your milk. I would get it fixed ASAP.

Just my opinion based on 3 kids breastfeeding.

Aowyn
August 18th, 2004, 01:40 PM
going to the dentst in an hour....hoping things can get fixed fast

morrigen
August 18th, 2004, 05:45 PM
Good luck, and let us know what happens :)

Aowyn
August 18th, 2004, 06:44 PM
Good luck, and let us know what happens :)
:hairraise Dentist didnt go well he wouldn't do anything said i needed to consult an oral surgeon and that he wouldn't prescribe anything with out talking to my physician...which I have none so now I owe this guy a bunch of money (for stupid xrays and) for telling me pretty much what I already knew. The tooth is in horrible shape and will most likely need to come out, I am going to have to make some phone calls and see if I can find someone who does payment plans for this stuff....anyone in maryland who knows of such a dentist let me know please :eyez: