View Full Version : A Banner for MothWench

August 17th, 2004, 04:57 PM
I know you didn't ask for this, but this moth has been haning outside on my fence for 3 days now. He is so curious looking I just couldn't help making a banner for you. The close up of this thing is fantastic. I've never seen anything like it. It is truly a beauty. The thing looks like a stick with leaves and the wings have eyes on it. Way weird.

You don't have to use it if you don't want to. The weird letters are cunieform type that I downloaded. I just spelled your name and that is what came up. Now mind you that is not how your name would be written in cumieform. But it is way cool anyway.

Shoot gonna try this again. Screwed it up some how. At any rate the moth is here, the banner I'm having trouble with. If someone else want to try ok. I will try another one.

August 17th, 2004, 05:19 PM
By George I got it. Here is your Banner if you want it.

August 22nd, 2004, 09:15 AM
oh, shatril, that's awesome! i'm going to put it on right now... gotta find a changing room first, though. ;)
thanks so much!!!

ps... only just seen this now, cause i just come back from holiday. what a nice surprise! :floating:

August 22nd, 2004, 04:29 PM
My friend the moth is still here hanging out. I can believe it is over a week now. He sometimes goes away, but he comes back. It is rather amazing to me.

I'm glad you like that banner. Did you get a good look at the big pic of him in the first post?

August 22nd, 2004, 04:53 PM
yeah, and i'm jealous. we only get the wee little grey or brown ones here where i am in central europe. though i did see a gamma moth once, (the white furry ones) and recently i saw the most extraordinary looking creature that i first thought was a hummingbird, but then turned out to be a moth.
it's so cool you have a visitor like that. :floating: did you give him a name yet?

edited to add: i found your friend on this site: http://www.npwrc.usgs.gov/resource/distr/lepid/moths/oh/942.htm

it's a luna moth. even the name of it rocks my world. :thewave:

August 22nd, 2004, 05:52 PM
It is good to know what kind of moth it is. Luna Moth leads me to the name Moon Eyes for it. It fits perfectly. I did figure out why it is hanging out there. It is the bug light that is attracting it. Fortunately he doesn't fit inside to get zapped.

August 23rd, 2004, 05:23 AM
Oh! A luna moth! So beautiful, they are.

And that banner is precious! Such a perfect fit for Miss MothWench!

August 23rd, 2004, 05:24 AM
that is very very pretty!

September 17th, 2004, 07:10 PM
Got some pics of other moths. These are way cool also. That light is a magnent for them.

September 20th, 2004, 08:44 AM
i couldn't look at these until today, cause my bf was running some other program and they wouldn't load. aren't they just the most unusual creatures? :smile: i like the fuzzy grey and white one, i just wish i could tell where the head is, lol.
btw, i can't have a banner in my sig at the moment, cause my image hosting site is down. :( but maybe i can link to the thumbnail in this thread... :huh: i think i'll try that.

September 20th, 2004, 09:01 AM
you can up load those to the MW sight. Just save it as a Jpeg, and use the upload to a message. It will give you an address, and you put that in the page. Actually, since I uploaded it here, all you need do is click on it, and that address at the top is your link. Just put that in your sig line.

Oh yeah the top of the pic is the head. I had about 5 of those hanging on my fence out there. They are still there. The one looks like a fall leaf, no kidding. It is way cool. You know until you and the Luna Moth, I never gave them much thought. But they are way cool.

September 20th, 2004, 09:04 AM
Oh yeah those furry things that look like arms are his antenna. Sweet eh. They are way huge. His rear end looks like an explosion of fur.

September 20th, 2004, 10:51 AM
Oh yeah those furry things that look like arms are his antenna. Sweet eh. They are way huge. His rear end looks like an explosion of fur.

:lol: i was wondering where front and back was with him. yeah, they are just too sweet. shame they aren't around in winter, really. oh, and linking to the thumbnail in your post works just fine, thanks for that.

September 25th, 2004, 02:26 PM
Adding an AV

November 25th, 2004, 11:41 AM
one more time

January 7th, 2005, 08:48 PM
Here is you av.

January 19th, 2005, 07:39 AM
See if this is ok,

you need to click on the image to make it full size and rotate. The connection in the web address box of your browser is the one that you want to put in your siggy.

I need to tell you what I did. I increased the size of the pink banner to fit with the other. When I downsized the three ladies with the whole thing in tact, the images were really bad. Couldn't tell what they were. So I captured as much of the original faces, and important object so it is apparent who they are, and still maintain a good quality image. Hope this works for you. If there is anything else that you want to put as far as name in the one let me know. If you want the name color different I can do that. Anyway I hope you like. Oh yeah, and I have a slower rotate so it is easier to read that one banner.

I'm leaving for a business trip in a little while, and won't be back until like Thursday late. So I can fix it then. I'm gonna try to connect to Web at hotel, but they don't always work well, and fixing this kind of stuff is hard.

Infinite Grey
January 19th, 2005, 11:37 AM
I was bored...

March 6th, 2005, 08:14 AM
Here ya go.

March 6th, 2005, 10:33 PM

March 12th, 2005, 10:31 PM
Nia Banner

April 11th, 2005, 09:56 AM
Here is the new one. I hope you enjoy it.

May 6th, 2005, 06:39 AM
Here ya go Farieridingdragon, hope you enjoy.

May 6th, 2005, 04:09 PM
Thank you! :yourock:

May 6th, 2005, 05:54 PM
Awesome banner and cool moth!

May 8th, 2005, 06:44 AM
Here is rotated banner,

November 23rd, 2007, 12:15 PM
for me