View Full Version : Near Death Experiences

August 22nd, 2004, 01:35 PM
How many of you have had near death experiences and how have they altered your understanding of life and your place in it?

August 22nd, 2004, 01:37 PM
I had a near death experience, It was just a bright flash before I past out. I don't think it altered my understanding or place in life.

August 22nd, 2004, 01:39 PM
I did and it only opened my eyes to the possibilities that are out there and left me changed as I aquired a few gifts and thats about it. I dont care to elaberate more as some people think its all bunk and its so personal and important to me that I dont care to feel a need to defend my expirance.
Oh and yes I was clinically dead for a few minutes.

August 22nd, 2004, 02:34 PM
I havent had one, but I definately believe and do quite a bit of reading about it. The subject fascinates me.

August 22nd, 2004, 10:46 PM
I have had three events in which my life could have ended but didn't. The first was a 9mm handgun held three inches from my face with a punk kid on the other end of it full of piss and vinegar. It was a close call. The other two were car accidents that could have took my life, but didn't. Each time you live through one you value your life a little bit more. However, since I have started my path with wicca I have had no more near death experiances. I do not seem to wish for death anymore, and so far it has stopped looking for me as well.

August 23rd, 2004, 03:40 PM
I've had six near death experiences. Four of them were intentional and in fact part of magickal rituals. I've always found that these experiences have changed my life each time. the last one, which occurred less than a year ago set me up for getting rid of a lot of negative influences in my life.

August 23rd, 2004, 03:52 PM
Only one. I was 16 on my way to a Boy Scout reservation. We had stopped at a motel and while relaxing, we decided to swim in the pool. I don't know how to swim and still don't. I made the mistake of jumping into the deep end. I sank and felt a noiseless explosion in between my ears and felt my lungs fill with water. The last thing I remember was seeing my grandfather in a field and 2 dogs I had owned as a child.
Grandpa said that it wasn't time yet... I was crying because I missed him and my dogs Pinto and Kernel... the sun was really bright... ( on a side note that is why the death scene in Gladiator where Maximus is walking amongst the wheat gives me goose bumps everytime I see it ) IF there is a thing like heaven for those who deserve it...
I hope it's what I saw... I am in no hurry to get there... :) But somewhere deep down... I know it's going to be okay when I go...
Then, blackness, concrete, and a headache that defies description struck me back to being awake... my friend Jason McNelly was hunched over me as was the rest of scout troop... strangely enough, not much was made of it until years later, when Jason said that when he had pulled me up from the bottom, he said the look on my face was one of calmness...

Living Dawn
August 24th, 2004, 04:01 AM
I haven't had any, but I think it's a really cool subject. :broomride

August 27th, 2004, 12:22 AM
How have any of you incorporated these near death experiences into your magical lives?