PDA

View Full Version : Children's Problems

Bec_W
August 22nd, 2004, 05:55 PM
I had an idea for a series of children's books and I was hoping you guys could help me out with some story lines. My idea is to sort of deal with issues that children face, like their first day of school, not fitting in, death of a loved one etc but to do so that it's more applicable to pagan children.

What I'm wondering is, what issues to children run into, are there issues that pagan children have that other children don't?

Thanks in advance :)

Holly Ariadna
August 22nd, 2004, 09:36 PM
Children in general: first crush, problems with teachers, losing virginity, depression, eating disorders or other mental illnesses, parents' divorce, sibling rivalry...

Pagan children: getting teased because of their religion.. hmm... can't think of much else..

LadyTrinity
August 22nd, 2004, 09:50 PM
Topics about

Cleaning up after your self
Manners
Kindness to others
How to take care of a pet
A book about dealing with nightmares or other everyday fears
How not to be a picky eater for mommy and daddy
How to deal with going to school for the first time
a book about a childs imagination ( might want to interview a child and get some ideas )

etc.. hope this helps :chattin:

Bec_W
August 22nd, 2004, 09:53 PM
Thanks guys, some great idea's :D

LadyTrinity
August 22nd, 2004, 09:56 PM
Thanks guys, some great idea's :D

Your welcome I am full of them!
I wrote a child's book about a little boy who was green because he ate to many veggies and all the kids teased him but the mother assured him it was for the best and in the end a kid wanted to start fights and the veggie boy was the only one who could deal with him because he was strong LOL. My son loves this story

I am writing a book currently about my experience with depression but publishing it looks like a challenge I am unsure I want to try :hmmmmm:

Mysticism Deity
August 22nd, 2004, 10:02 PM
some great ideas :)

what about stealing, honesty, cheating, peer pressure.

I am writing a book right now and I am nervouse about the whole publishing thing! I hope all works out. :)

Bec_W
August 22nd, 2004, 10:10 PM
Publishing seems really daunting, particularly when your writing a book that will only appeal to a small segment of the community. There are self publishing options but I'm not going to look into those until I've exhausted all others.

Thanks Mysticism Deity (who's name I've hopefully spelt correctly :) ) I like those idea's too :D

ivygarland
August 23rd, 2004, 08:02 AM
It does sound neat. It doesn't even have to be about issues that pagan children face, it could just be from a pagan point of view. In contrast, we just had to throw out a book my (Catholic) MIL bought us because it was about how this child angel's box of precious stuff became the star over bethlehem. It was clearly not something we wanted to read over and over to our son.

But a book about, say, how a little fairy saved a garden from developers, that I would read.

Tullip Troll
August 23rd, 2004, 08:07 AM
well if your bringing up your kids unchristian how about books and stories for kids to make thier holidays bigger and better...

"Why books" are alwasy great to...

Mherapai

MoonWeed
August 23rd, 2004, 09:00 AM
How about when they loose teeth, tie shoes , ride bikes...I would like to see more books that encourage young girls..
For Pagan kids more about sabbats and the moon.

Vampy
August 23rd, 2004, 06:58 PM
Children in general:. .. losing virginity ...

Only you Holly ;)

aluokaloo
August 23rd, 2004, 07:12 PM
Thats a good idea! Here's my advice, search your memories and use some of your own experiences for these books, things you remember in elemnetary, and middle school and high school and stuff. How you reacted to them, some of the words you said, and some of the words of your peers, whether they were kind or cruel, project them into real life situations as you create each character, imagine what could happen with each and every outcome. Just let it flow, write whats in your heart and what you know best. Best wishes Bec.