PDA

View Full Version : Ani Defranco

loopy
August 19th, 2001, 05:43 PM
Any other fans? I really love her version of "Amazing Grace" and also "Flavors."

Xois
August 19th, 2001, 05:48 PM
I like her too

Virtue from Up up up up up is a really good song!

loopy
August 19th, 2001, 06:00 PM
I haven't heard that one yet-- I'll have to go download now, thanks Xois! :D:D

SnowStar
August 20th, 2001, 12:17 AM
Oooh...Ani...my friend got me hooked on her last summer. I love "Outta Me Onto You" and "Swandive". Great songs to listen to when you feel like you've been belittled or you just need a good boost of the female ego. :)

Armitage
August 20th, 2001, 01:53 AM
Haven't heard much, but I love what I have. Untouchable Face is incredible.

loopy
August 20th, 2001, 02:05 AM
Untouchable Face is a good one. I like "Not a Pretty Girl" too. For some reason I'm really loving the kitten up a tree reference.

Margie
August 20th, 2001, 11:46 AM
Hmm...I have to say I've heard of her but never heard her. Also, about 3 years ago, I was at a cafe in Ohio and a man came in with a camcorder talking to me and a friend of mine. He was writing a book about cafes around the US. He was telling us about her (that was the first I had ever heard of her) and it turned out his wife was her best friend and the occasionally toured with her. He showed us pictures of them with her (a few in different places, different settings) and told us how (at the time-I don't know about now) they/she paid to make all of her CD's themselves and sold them out of the trunk of his car. I mean he wouldn't have gained anything by lying to us-we gave him no money and I hadn't ever heard of her before that. So I believe him. :)

loopy
August 20th, 2001, 02:25 PM
That's so cool Margie! :D

Danustouch
August 21st, 2001, 10:53 AM
I also really love.."Angry Anymore".

loopy
August 21st, 2001, 04:33 PM
Danus ~ yeah, I just heard that one last night for the first time and I really loved it.

MammaStar
August 22nd, 2001, 10:41 PM
Her keyboard player went to my high school. :D

I heard her once at the Clearwater Revival. I liked her quite a bit, but I couldn't name a song. I did enjoy listening to her though.

Sage Witch
August 26th, 2001, 11:45 AM
Ani is my absolute favorite. I could go on forever about Ani, so I'll try to restrain myself here ;) Every album she does is something new and different, and I always love it.

loopy
August 26th, 2001, 11:47 AM
Don't hold back! We'se Ani-lovin' people here. :D:D

lovepoet
August 26th, 2001, 02:14 PM
Ani? I love her stuff too, ok? I hate the indigo girls though so
it all evens out :D anyone like Happy Rhodes? Rachael Sage? Heather Nova?

Danustouch
August 26th, 2001, 03:51 PM
EEEEEEEEPP!!!!!!!!! how can you HATE the indigo girls?????? LOL..what about them? Their voices??????? I find their lyrics beautiful, and very inspirational. There are some songs which drag......i admit. But...I'm a hard core fan! LOL. What do you hate about them?

loopy
August 26th, 2001, 03:53 PM
:) Indigo Girls are a topic for another thread. :)

Danustouch
August 26th, 2001, 04:00 PM
LOL loopy..i KNOW..but, but, but....but...they're my all time fave..and someone said they didn't like 'em..and I just wanted to know why! LOL.

Hides.:( :( :(

loopy
August 27th, 2001, 11:50 AM
:D No prob, Danus-- just start an Indigo thread and debate there. :p

Now, back to topic! :D:D:D

Ani is good. "Shameless" is my new favorite, I think.

Danustouch
August 27th, 2001, 11:54 AM
I had one..a while ago..guess i'll bump it. :(

Danustouch
August 27th, 2001, 11:57 AM
:p :p :p :p Loopy!!!!!!! (sung to the tune of an ani defranco song)...heheheheh ;)