PDA

View Full Version : the worst thing about cloth diapers

Infinite Muse
August 29th, 2004, 11:18 AM
go on, tell us your worst case stories with using cloth diapers

this morning auryn left a trail of chunky little nuggets behind her because the legs on some of her diapers are a bit too big no matter how much they are pinned in and the rubber pants have a hole in ....
good thing my floor needs washing anyways.

night i think is the worst. i have to change her bedding every day now because she has had a leak and it is all wet in there by morning .. or at least a little damp in certain places. since she rolls around so much its a lot of little places ;) so if i don't change it, it smells by the next night.

Temair
August 29th, 2004, 01:06 PM
I think my worst case story would be either having to wash them all out every night by hand the first few months before we got a washer, or when she poops so much that you can't find a clean spot to hold the diaper to open it up and put it in the washer. The first was with my first cloth baby, I deal with the latter now with my second cloth baby.

Aedrais
August 29th, 2004, 01:25 PM
I could never do the cloth-diaper thing. :blech: I admire any who do. Kudos to you.

Smiley Girl
August 29th, 2004, 05:24 PM
I'm going to do the cloth diaper thing when I get the chance. Don't have any little ones yet though. I can't wait! :D (Isnt that odd?) :whatmewor

Elistariel
August 31st, 2004, 05:18 AM
I'm not even close to having rugrats, and I couldn't do the cloth thing either. Just the mere thought of poo in the washer grosses me out.

morrigen
August 31st, 2004, 05:49 AM
Before the little guy was born, I was determined to use cloth nappies.

My partner changed his first nappy...took one look at that lovely meconium stuff...looked over at me laying half-dead on the bed, and said "disposables".

That was that. When we actually faced the reality of all things poop, we unanimously decided that we wanted *nothing* to do with cloth nappies. The little guy is now 16 months old, and I've yet to use a single cloth nappy.

On the good side of this, he's never had nappy rash, rarely leaks, and I don't have all of that extra rinsing-washing-drying-folding.

On the down side, I feel guilty about the environmental issues.

Temair
September 1st, 2004, 05:54 PM
On the good side of this, he's never had nappy rash, rarely leaks, and I don't have all of that extra rinsing-washing-drying-folding.

I don't think the type of diaper we use has anything to do with diaper rash, honestly. My kids have had pretty equal experiences with rash, and I had two in disposables, and am on my second in cloth.