PDA

View Full Version : Wiccaning or Saining

Amethyst
August 21st, 2001, 09:37 PM
Merry Meet all.
I am new to this board and would like to know if anyone has any wiccaning or saining ceremonies/rituals. (I only have one week to go). I have a few but the all need a HP and HPS. I will be doing the ceremony with a close friend and husband. If you can help you can email me or leave a post.
Thanks you all in advance.
Bright Blessings
Amethyst

amethyst_105@bigpond.com

MystyPines
August 23rd, 2001, 09:08 AM
Merry Meet Amethyst!

I could pull some information together for you, but I just want to make sure that when you say Wiccaning you mean blessing a newborn child, or putting the child under the guidance and protection of the Goddess and God. I know that recently, some people have been using the term Wiccaning to mean being initiated into Wicca. Let me know, and I can rummage up some ideas, poems, etc.

Bright Blessings! :p

Lilu
August 23rd, 2001, 04:00 PM
This really isn't a wiccaning, but I thought I'd post it anyway. It's a child's "naming" which was sort of different to the whole wiccaning with HPS and HP etc. But it might have some cute ideas. This is from someone's online journal too, so it's written from their perspective, but someone might find it inspiring.

http://wiccked.com/theonion/2001/jul01/naming.htm

BB
Lilu

Amethyst
August 23rd, 2001, 08:57 PM
Merry Meet Mystypines.
Yes the wiccaning is for my new born child, infact it is due in about 5 days. Any help you can give me would be great.
Also thanks to Lilu, I will go and check it out, and see what I can glean from it.
Bright Blessings
Amethyst

Dria El
August 27th, 2001, 11:21 AM
I don't know if this will help you but I had this article on my site and thought I'd share.

Welcome to the World

By Valkerie

As I have told before, my sons very conception began with ritual. His birth was assisted with ritual and after he was born, he was formally welcomed into the world and presented to the Gods, Goddesses, Ancestors and spirits in a wiccaning/naming ceremony.

His ritual was held at a lovely wooded and secluded park in Williamsburg. It was the Summer Solstice and quite hot. We were attending a Litha festival and had arranged to have the ceremony there.

We asked his God and Goddess parents from our sister coven to lead the ritual. At the appointed time, a circle of friends gathered to witness this rite. We chose a wooded spot which seemed to form a natural circle and also provided some much needed shade. My mom had bought a special outfit for the ceremony, but it was just too hot for that. When we tried to put it on, our son howled his disapproval and protest and off it came. So, with naught save a cool, wet towel, the circle was cast and the ritual begun. As the ritual unfolded, our son was taken to each quarter and introduced to the elements. He was also presented to Mother Earth and Father Sky. He was blessed and given his first magickal name. Afterward, family and freinds came forward with blessings and gifts.

Thoughout the ritual, our son was quiet and even slept some. However, by the close of the celebration, he had just about enough of it and let us know that he was definitely over the entire situation, and more than ready to return to camp and splash around in a cool pool of water we'd set up.

Throught his life, our son will go through many rites of passage. We hope that these rites will give him a good, solid foundation that will help him as he makes his journey along the road to manhood.