PDA

View Full Version : Cutesy Stories of Our Youths

Elistariel
September 11th, 2004, 01:05 PM
Do you have any cute stories from when you were a kid?
If you don't remember any, you can use other family members.

I found out two from my Dad, over IM..

Dad: when u were little, around 4ish you caught a butterfly and were holding it by the wings, anyway you were amazed at the stuff that came off its wings on ur fingers, so i told u to leave the wings alone cause the dust on the wings help them fly....so about 3 weeks later i saw u in back yard with a little box, when i came up and looked in you had about 2 dozen dead butterflys in them....when i asked you why u were collecting them u said u were saving them until u had enough to get all the flying dust off their wings and put it on your arms so you could fly....

Dad: u remember when i took you fishing for the first time ?
Me: catfish?
Me: nope, don't remember
Me: just something about a catfish
Dad: yea but when u caught it your sitting there poking it finally you picked it up squeezed it a little then looked at me all disapointed cause it wouldnt Meow
Dad: was real funny
Dad: at time
Me: lol
Me: how old was i?
Dad: think around 5 ir so

Llewyth
September 11th, 2004, 06:40 PM
That's cute!
Here's one of mine: I think I wa about three or four when I asked my dad why there was war in the world, why couldn't everybody just get along? He answered that there were a lot of reasons. Sometimes it was because of ideas, sometimes because of dumb things like the color of people's skin or sometimes religion. He assured me that he would always let me for decide for myself what my own opinions would be and as for religion, when I grew up I could pick and choose.

In my little brain I mixed things up a bit between ideas, religion and race. Up until the age of 9 I thought I that when I grew up I'd be able to decide what race I'd be. It was such a shocker for me when I learned I was white. And very disapointing: I was going to change to Asian! :lol:

WickedBttrfly
September 11th, 2004, 06:54 PM
I think I've already told this one but what the hey - When I was little I didn't like my name, so I went around telling everyone my name is Penelope.
That's the only one I can remember for now.

Cappy
September 11th, 2004, 11:09 PM
When I was little my older sister, Llewyth, told me that if you leave a band-aid on for too long, skin will grow on top. At first I didn't believe it but then she "proved" it. You know how the glue of the band-aid kind of accumulates dust and dirt? She said that that was the skin starting to grow.
I believed it, so from that day, from the ages 4 to 13 I would take off my band-aids at night so the skin wouldn't grow over it. :rolleyes:

Calen
September 11th, 2004, 11:20 PM
Hee...oh, bandaids.
When I was three years old, my mother baked my father a cherry pie, something she rarely did, which he loved. He got all excited, and planned to have some the next day.
I woke up very early the next morning, and was very hungry. I didn't know how to make breakfast for myself back then (obviously) but I wandered into the kitchen anyway, to see if anything was on the go. I stood up on my tippy toes, and saw a very fine-looking cherry pie on the counter. I had the vague feeling I ought to leave it alone, but then my tummy grumbled, so I disgarded the notion, and proceeded to munch.

My dad woke up that morning, went into the kitchen, saw the ruins of his glorius pastry, and I could hear his reaction from downstairs, whilst I watched my morning cartoons. With suprising three-year-old perceptivity, I ran like the dickens to my mom's room, and crawled under her covers to hide, refusing to tell her what had happened or why I was stealing her covers. :cutie:

OriginalWacky
September 12th, 2004, 11:33 PM
Oh Gods, I have TONS of cute stories, a couple about me, most about others in my family. I'll stick a few in here first, and if you want, more later.

~*~*~

I must have been around 2 and a half, no more than three when one of my great uncles died. My parents explained to me how the funeral would go, and how I had to be extra quiet in the church, so people could listen. I did so, and behaved like an angel. So, we left the church, and headed out to the cemetary for the cermony there.

I was just watching everything that was going on, not really understanding what it was all for. I looked over and saw some guys loading up their guns, and such, so I said (in a fairly loud voice; after all, we weren't in church), "Are they going to shoot the guns?" The answer came, "Yes, honey, they are." To which I replied, in a frightened voice, "Which way?"

~*~

When my middle daughter was born, my mother-in-law decided to keep the oldest for a night, to give us a much needed break. As she was getting ready to take her shower, my boy proceeded to ask her if he could take a shower with her. She explained that boys and girls don't take showers together. He looked at her and said, "But Mommy and Daddy do!"

~*~

When my oldest stepson was young, he used to think that a bandaid would render the body part it was covering useless. He was utterly convinced that said part didn't work, and would refuse to use it. To see how much he believed it, his mother and father put a bandaid across the back of each hand, then put a plate of spaghetti (his very favorite food) in front of him. He thought he couldn't eat it, and sat that and whimpered, looking pitiful, because his hands 'didn't work'.

~*~

My brother went through a stage where he called EVERYbody "dummy". He was around 4 or 5, and he used it as a casual greeting, or even when he just met someone.

~*~

My Dad went looking for me, as I was being "too quiet" one day. He looked in my room, but I wasn't there. He checked his bedroom, no me. He checked the living room, same thing. He then walked intot he kitchen to find me on the floor feeding the cat her food one kibble at a time. Not so funny, right? But I was sharing and saying, "One for me, one for you." as I helped her eat.

~*~

When my Dad was around 4 or 5, his Dad had gone to give blood and they had told him to lay down and take it easy for a couple hours after. Well, Dad heard him tell Grandma this, and thought it might be a good timme to try a couple things out. Grandpa walked around the corner of the house JUST in time to see Dad ram a wheelbarrow through the basement window, breaking it. And right after, Dad looked up and saw Grandpa there. The first words out of Dad's mouth were, "Remember Dad, you have to lay down and rest!"

~*~*~

I could go on for hours with stories of my families.

Elistariel
September 12th, 2004, 11:51 PM
that reminds me. Once when I was about 4 or 5. My mother and I were making biscuits, and she'd let me play with some of the dough. Well, I thought my kitty could use a biscuit. So I made her an snowman out of unbaked biscuit dough and cat food. She ate part of it, I ate most of it.
Also when I was younger, I'd just randomly sit in the floor and eat the kitty kibble.

OriginalWacky
September 13th, 2004, 12:02 AM
that reminds me. Once when I was about 4 or 5. My mother and I were making biscuits, and she'd let me play with some of the dough. Well, I thought my kitty could use a biscuit. So I made her an snowman out of unbaked biscuit dough and cat food. She ate part of it, I ate most of it.
Also when I was younger, I'd just randomly sit in the floor and eat the kitty kibble.
When I was about 11, my friends and I got curious about the dog biscuits, so we collected all the different kinds that everybody has for their dogs and had a tasting party. One friend really liked Liv-O-Snaps the best. I preferred Milkbones. ::giggle::

rain_fallen_tears
September 13th, 2004, 12:13 AM
A couple...

When I used to be put in my crib...against my will...I'd bang my crib against the wall and yell, "HEY!!!"

When I was about 2 or 3 my mom would be in the other room and She'd hear me say "BAD NOUSHKIE!(my 2 year old brother's nickname, when he was little)" and he'd yell in pain or fear.(Was I not a demon child!?!;))We still don't know what I did!

When I was little my nickname was Ceedees, short for Sweeties(dramatic Awwww!:D)...and when my parents recieved an unwanted package of CDs from Columbia House, they casually said, 'Its time to send the CDs back' and I cried and cried about it until they found out what I was crying over and took forever to convince me they weren't going to send me away.:)

....those are all I can think of right now....:p

Elistariel
September 13th, 2004, 01:54 AM
speaking of cribs....
When I was old enought to stand in my crib, by holding onto it, was also about the time I figured out how my diaper worked.
Well... One day, my mom came in to find me, standing in my crib, diaper off....um, painting the wall...Let's just say she wasn't too thrilled with my choice of color
:rollingla

Llewyth
September 13th, 2004, 11:00 AM
When I was around two, my parents owned a convenience store. Sometimes when I has to go for a number two, I would remove all the bread from the shelf and hide there. Needless to say I needed a bit of privacy.

{Tigress}
September 13th, 2004, 01:01 PM
I was about three, and dad was helping me with my bath one night. I was trying to lather up my own washrag, and the bar of soap slipped out of my hands and fell in the water. I scrambled after it, only to have continually escape my grasp. Finally, in exaperation I looked up at my father and said, "Who makes this stuff, anyway???"

~~~~~

I also remember, on more than one occassion, having a problem remembering the correct word to use when talking about something. Unfortunately, my folks have NEVER forgotten the names I came up with and to this day will tease me about them. Their two favorites were "thumper storkes" for "thunder storms", and "fruit cottontail" for "fruit cocktail".