PDA

View Full Version : Books: Crafting the Body Divine & Sexual Ecstasy and the Divine

Yasmine Galenorn
September 15th, 2004, 01:12 PM
Discussion for these books, questions (within reason), and remember--this is a PG-13 forum we're on.

Crafting the Body Divine (Crossing Press, 2001)
Sexual Ecstasy and the Divine (Crossing Press 2003)

~grins~
Yasmine :colorful:

Gala
September 18th, 2004, 06:13 PM
I want both of theses. We've talked before. I just hope there are some left by the time I can afford them.

Yasmine Galenorn
September 18th, 2004, 10:22 PM
I want both of theses. We've talked before. I just hope there are some left by the time I can afford them.

I can set aside a couple copies for you if you want to order them signed. I charge $20 per book which includes shipping and handling, so that's a close to what you'd pay for them in a store with tax (at least here...tax is 8.8%).

Let me know.

Yasmine

Gala
September 19th, 2004, 12:29 AM
I can set aside a couple copies for you if you want to order them signed. I charge $20 per book which includes shipping and handling, so that's a close to what you'd pay for them in a store with tax (at least here...tax is 8.8%).

Let me know.

Yasmine

yep.. gimme one more month. I have to get some stuff paid off after no check for 4 months. :graduate: the adjunct proff's life is definitly not glamorous.

Sage Rainsong
December 3rd, 2004, 12:23 PM
I just wanted to say thanks for the books. I own them both and I recommend them to everyone I know. Your books helped me not feel like I was ugly.. Rather I was using someone else standard that doesn't apply to me.Anyhoo thanks again.

Yasmine Galenorn
December 3rd, 2004, 02:04 PM
I just wanted to say thanks for the books. I own them both and I recommend them to everyone I know. Your books helped me not feel like I was ugly.. Rather I was using someone else standard that doesn't apply to me.Anyhoo thanks again.

Then they're doing what they are meant to do. :smiles: It's quite a battle, I know, believe me, but hey, if we don't love ourselves, we can't expect others to!

Hugs, my dear,

Gala
December 7th, 2004, 11:49 PM
HEY YAZ.... I sent the check off to you today.

Yippe.. yay

I will then be the proud owner of 4 Galenorn books.. :)

Yasmine Galenorn
December 8th, 2004, 12:00 AM
HEY YAZ.... I sent the check off to you today.

Yippe.. yay

I will then be the proud owner of 4 Galenorn books.. :)

Woohoo! I'll mail them posthaste to you, dearheart, as soon as I get it! Signed and all. *grins*

Yazza :colorful:

Gala
December 9th, 2004, 05:14 PM
:) :hugz:

Yasmine Galenorn
December 9th, 2004, 05:29 PM
:) :hugz:

:hugz: back, lovely lady! How's Sox?

Yazza

Cielamara
December 9th, 2004, 08:24 PM
Damn thee, Yazza...I'm going to have to stay well away from mentions of your books until I get my presents for people bought...I saw one of your books in a lovely metaphysical store today and had to make my friend drag me away, because I had a list of things I needed to buy.
In other words: You rock!

Yasmine Galenorn
December 9th, 2004, 11:59 PM
Damn thee, Yazza...I'm going to have to stay well away from mentions of your books until I get my presents for people bought...I saw one of your books in a lovely metaphysical store today and had to make my friend drag me away, because I had a list of things I needed to buy.
In other words: You rock!

LOLOL....make it a Yasmine Yuletide! *coughs* Okay, mercenary spiel over...I hope you're able to pick up a few soon because I think you'll like them. ~grins~

Hugs, chickie,
Yazza

Nacken
December 10th, 2004, 10:14 AM
I just read the one last week. I had always been against piercings because I thought that they might block some of the energy passageways. But now I'm re-thinking it I am not particularly planning to have any piercings or tattoos, however its good to know that there is that option.

Yasmine Galenorn
December 10th, 2004, 01:28 PM
I just read the one last week. I had always been against piercings because I thought that they might block some of the energy passageways. But now I'm re-thinking it I am not particularly planning to have any piercings or tattoos, however its good to know that there is that option.

I have very few piercings--ears only--but what I read made a lot of sense and when I talked to a number of very pierced friends, they all agreed that rather than block energy, the piercings focus it. I know my tattoos are huge energy-focusers.

Nice to meet you!

Cielamara
December 10th, 2004, 02:42 PM
LOLOL....make it a Yasmine Yuletide! *coughs* Okay, mercenary spiel over...I hope you're able to pick up a few soon because I think you'll like them. ~grins~

Hugs, chickie,
Yazza

Yasmine Yuletide? I like it. :D I've got my eye out for a few...so, when I read them, do I get to be an obnoxious fan-friend and bug you about how much I liked them? Huh? Huh? Do I do I do I? *snickers*

Yasmine Galenorn
December 10th, 2004, 04:36 PM
Yasmine Yuletide? I like it. :D I've got my eye out for a few...so, when I read them, do I get to be an obnoxious fan-friend and bug you about how much I liked them? Huh? Huh? Do I do I do I? *snickers*

Yes, you can be an obnoxious fan-friend and bug me about how much you like them, but you may NOT become a stalker! _tsk_ (had a cyberstalker once and that was a whole load of laughs...NOT).

LOL...and if you are good, when you buy the books, send me an SASE and I'll send you signed bookplates to go in them!

Yazza (are you on my newsletter update list? If not, you might want to sign up for it)
http://www.galenorn.com/teashop/default.asp?body=asnewsletter.htm (but be SURE to enter the right address) :colorful:

Yasmine Galenorn
April 9th, 2005, 05:29 PM
Have a special running for Crafting the Body Divine in the Pagan Public Marketplace. :)

Hearthwitch
June 27th, 2005, 09:59 PM
In Crafting the Body Divine, are there any rituals for tattoos? I'd love to add that for when I get mine done. I've thought of dedicating the ones I have, is there something along those lines as well?

Yasmine Galenorn
June 28th, 2005, 12:06 AM
In Crafting the Body Divine, are there any rituals for tattoos? I'd love to add that for when I get mine done. I've thought of dedicating the ones I have, is there something along those lines as well?

Yes, I've included an entire section about getting tattoos (have you seen mine? Here's my photo page: http://www.galenorn.com/greenwood/yasmine/ ). Since all of mine are ritually oriented, I talked in depth about the pain and its connection with spirit, and what sort of work I did before hand to prepare.

Hearthwitch
June 28th, 2005, 02:34 PM
Those are gorgeous tattoos!! I used meditation when I got my last one done and that in itself was special for me. I have a black widow spider on my left upper arm, a rose on my right leg, and a tattooed faerie on my lower back. Thanks for answering my question, I was so happy to read that there was a book out there for tattoos and even piercings (although I'm staying with only my ear being pierced.).

Yasmine Galenorn
June 29th, 2005, 12:22 PM
Those are gorgeous tattoos!! I used meditation when I got my last one done and that in itself was special for me. I have a black widow spider on my left upper arm, a rose on my right leg, and a tattooed faerie on my lower back. Thanks for answering my question, I was so happy to read that there was a book out there for tattoos and even piercings (although I'm staying with only my ear being pierced.).

Well, a lot of the book is on body image, taking care of yourself, learning to love yourself for what and who you are while still realizing you don't have to 'accept' everything that you don't like about your body. And about one-third of the book is on body modification--mainly focusing on tattoos, but also a little on piercings, and I take a brief look at pursuits such as scarification, branding, carrying Kavadi, and other pain rituals.

But yeah, I'm proud of the book. It was quite a journey, although both it and Sexual Ecstasy and the Divine were originally planned to be one book, but my publisher asked that I separate them since it would have been rather large for their typical page count.

CaitrionaMorgaine
June 29th, 2005, 12:24 PM
I would also love to get my hands on these books...I just don't know where to find them...perhaps it would be best to get them through you, Yasmine? Could we do that?

Avalon's Blessings, ~Rhiannon

Yasmine Galenorn
June 29th, 2005, 12:57 PM
I would also love to get my hands on these books...I just don't know where to find them...perhaps it would be best to get them through you, Yasmine? Could we do that?

Avalon's Blessings, ~Rhiannon

Crossing Press does a lousy job of getting them into bookstores. You can always order them through a local B&N, or you can order them off CP's website, or I do have a limited amount of signed copies that I sell off my site. My fiction and Embracing the Moon, the one Llewellyn book left in print, are usually found in B&N, Borders, etc.

Edited: ARGH...the stupid links weren't working. Okay, you can find ordering information for my books on my site, as to where, how, etc.:

Chintz 'n China Mysteries (http://www.galenorn.com/teashop/default.asp?body=asbooks-tts.htm)
India Ink Mysteries (http://www.galenorn.com/teashop/default.asp?body=asi-ibooks.htm)
Metaphysical Work (http://www.galenorn.com/teashop/default.asp?body=asnonfiction.htm)
Signed Copies (http://www.galenorn.com/teashop/default.asp?body=ascontact.htm)

amberwolf
July 30th, 2005, 07:52 PM
I managed to get my copy from amazon :) absolutlety brilliant book It really made me see myself in a different much more positive light

Yasmine Galenorn
July 30th, 2005, 09:30 PM
I managed to get my copy from amazon :) absolutlety brilliant book It really made me see myself in a different much more positive light

Very good! That's what I intended--not to make everybody "love" their body unconditionally, but to help people find a different perception, to help people say, "You know, I'm not perfect but nobody else is either, and that's okay, I'll do the very best I can with what I've got."

*hugs* I'm glad you liked it, Amberwolf.

Arion
April 5th, 2006, 12:17 AM
I'm really interested in getting Crafting the Body Divine. It sounds like it will really help me have a more positive image of myself, with higher self-esteem.

Sexual Ecstasy and the Divine looks quite interesting too. As soon as I have some money I will definitely order them:)

Yasmine Galenorn
April 5th, 2006, 12:45 AM
I'm really interested in getting Crafting the Body Divine. It sounds like it will really help me have a more positive image of myself, with higher self-esteem.

Sexual Ecstasy and the Divine looks quite interesting too. As soon as I have some money I will definitely order them:)

Hi Purplepanther...CTBD seems to be helpful to a number of people. I hope that, if you get it, it helps you out with what you need!

Arion
April 5th, 2006, 10:41 PM
I ordered three, CTBD, SEATD, and Embracing the Moon too, since it seems widely recommended by folks on here. Thanks Yasmine, I'm sure they will help me:)

Arion
May 20th, 2006, 10:19 PM
I'm in the process of reading CTBD, and I just had to say that I'm so glad there is a section on feeling comfortable with your voice when you are speaking. I think that is probably the thing I needed most, and I will definitely do the excersizes you suggest for getting comfortable wih speaking. Thanks so much :)