PDA

View Full Version : Appearances, Signings, Etc.

Yasmine Galenorn
September 15th, 2004, 01:37 PM
I will be signing my mysteries (only) at the Seattle Mystery Bookshop on Saturday, September 25, 2004 at noon, along with Kate Kingsbury and Sharon Duncan.

For more info:
http://www.galenorn.com/teashop/default.asp?body=assched.htm

Yasmine :colorful:

CajunLady
September 28th, 2004, 10:02 PM
*sigh* wish you were closer to me. Nothing or no one cool ever comes here.

Yasmine Galenorn
November 3rd, 2004, 03:19 PM
Scheduling signings for January 2005, for the third Chintz 'n China book! Will be in Seattle on the 15th, and in Olympia on the 29th. Will add more when/if they're set. For more info, see: http://www.galenorn.com/teashop/default.asp?body=assched.htm

Yasmine

SageWoodWitch
November 3rd, 2004, 11:44 PM
do you ever come to Massachusetts at all?

theres a place in cambrigde (unicorn books) that does a lot of author book signings

Yasmine Galenorn
November 3rd, 2004, 11:50 PM
do you ever come to Massachusetts at all?

theres a place in cambrigde (unicorn books) that does a lot of author book signings

I have friends over there, but no, unfortunately my travel at this point is severely limited due to expenses (my publishers do not pay travel expenses at all) and my husband's job and health. But I hope to see the east coast at some point! If I do, I'll post it here and/or on my site.

Aidron
November 4th, 2004, 12:26 AM
I have friends over there, but no, unfortunately my travel at this point is severely limited due to expenses (my publishers do not pay travel expenses at all) and my husband's job and health. But I hope to see the east coast at some point! If I do, I'll post it here and/or on my site.

And you better call me first before anyone else hears the news. ;)

Yasmine Galenorn
November 4th, 2004, 12:33 PM
And you better call me first before anyone else hears the news. ;)

Hate to break it to you babe, but there are a couple people over on the east coast that would hear before you. ~grins~ But you're on the list and not far down! Hell, you're so far above one of my sisters on that list (actually, she's not even on it) that you supersede one branch of my family!

Yazzapanther :colorful:

Aidron
November 4th, 2004, 01:25 PM
Hate to break it to you babe, but there are a couple people over on the east coast that would hear before you. ~grins~ But you're on the list and not far down! Hell, you're so far above one of my sisters on that list (actually, she's not even on it) that you supersede one branch of my family!

No deal! I have to be #1!

*will work that much harder to seduce you with his charms*

:rotfl:

Just get over here, we'll discuss the order of the informed later. ;)

Yasmine Galenorn
November 4th, 2004, 05:12 PM
No deal! I have to be #1!

*will work that much harder to seduce you with his charms*

:rotfl:

Just get over here, we'll discuss the order of the informed later. ;)

Yeah, you're going to have to work LOTS harder! *snickers and waits for the sparklies to pour in*

I doubt if I'll ever make it down there, to be honest, but I may make it to New York, CT, Vermont, Mass., etc. That's closer, at least!

Aidron
November 4th, 2004, 05:30 PM
Yeah, you're going to have to work LOTS harder! *snickers and waits for the sparklies to pour in*

I doubt if I'll ever make it down there, to be honest, but I may make it to New York, CT, Vermont, Mass., etc. That's closer, at least!

*buys you cheap 25 cent machine jewelry*

I spent a fortune on this, you better appreciate it. :hehehe:

Yasmine Galenorn
November 4th, 2004, 06:10 PM
*buys you cheap 25 cent machine jewelry*

I spent a fortune on this, you better appreciate it. :hehehe:

LOL...I'm rather high maintenance, my dear....takes more than baubles like that! ;)

But then again, you're a cutie...maybe you can just smile winningly and open doors for me!

Aidron
November 4th, 2004, 07:02 PM
LOL...I'm rather high maintenance, my dear....takes more than baubles like that! ;)

But then again, you're a cutie...maybe you can just smile winningly and open doors for me!

Fine, but you have to open doors for me too-or at least use your author status to get us into exclusive places! :lol:

*smiles winningly* :smile:

Anything yet? :foh:

Yasmine Galenorn
November 4th, 2004, 07:34 PM
Fine, but you have to open doors for me too-or at least use your author status to get us into exclusive places! :lol:

*smiles winningly* :smile:

Anything yet? :foh:

I'll open doors for you if you're hands are full, how about that? LOL...exclusive clubs? Me? Give me a few years and a bestseller or two!

*ruffles your hair* Yeah, that's a cute smile!

Yasmine Galenorn
November 30th, 2004, 07:10 PM
Going to be on local radio show...so if you're in the Seattle area or can get Seattle Radio stations, my friend Vicki St. Clair—a freelance writer/journalist/documentary maker, etc. is going to interview me on the radio show she hosts. It’s short notice, but will be by phone and the subject will be writing and creativity. I'll be interviewing over the phone since we just have one car--I enjoy phone interviews, actually, and the fact that it's a friend interviewing me who isn't trying to play shock jock (have been there, done that, won't do those kind of interviews again) will make it much more pleasant.

Thursday, between 12—1 (noon) on KKNW 1150 AM.
http://www.vickistclair.com/schedule.html

The show airs simultaneously on the Worldwide Stream Newschannel 1150 (http://www.newschannel1150.com)

Whee, should be fun!
Yasmine

Yasmine Galenorn
August 26th, 2005, 01:32 PM
Signings so far for Scent To Her Grave (the first Bath & Body book):

Saturday October 15, 2005 12:00 Noon
Seattle Mystery Bookshop
117 Cherry Street in Pioneer Square
Seattle, WA 98104
(206) 587-5737 or staff@seattlemystery.com

Saturday October 22, 2005 2:00 pm
Whodunit? Books
119 Fifth Avenue S.E.
Olympia, WA 98501
360-352-8252
(contact Linda)

Signings so far for A Harvest of Bones

Saturday December 10, 2005 2:00 PM
Whodunit? Books
119 Fifth Avenue S.E.
Olympia, WA 98501
360-352-8252
(contact Linda)

Saturday December 17, 2005 12:00 Noon
Seattle Mystery Bookshop
117 Cherry Street in Pioneer Square
Seattle, WA 98104
(206) 587-5737 or staff@seattlemystery.com

Other Events:

Thursday, September 1-5, 2005
Cascadia Con (http://www.cascadiacon.org)(at the Hilton Seattle Airport Hotel)
I will be participating on numerous panels, hosting a KaffeeKlatsch with Diana Paxson, and participating in a book signing and reading of my work. I will also be attending the Gothic Ball.

October 25, 2005 6:30—9:30 PM
Death By Chocolate
A charity benefit for the Kitsap County Literacy Council, sponsored by B&N
More info as available—will be held at the Bremerton Elks Club, I believe
Panel of mystery writers; signing afterwards

June 22-25, 2006
Writers Weekend Conference (http://www.writersweekend.com) at the Bellevue Sheraton Hotel
I’ll be one of the guests of honor, speaking on several panels, etc.

BrigidMoon
August 26th, 2005, 01:51 PM
Good to know! Of course since I live on the eastern side of the US won't get to be there but will definitely get some signed books.

Lisa Di Dio
August 26th, 2005, 04:39 PM
Wow, Yaz! You've going to have one busy fall. Sounds like fun though. And methinks you should get used to it...up is the only direction for you now. WOO HOO!
:dancy:

Lisa

Yasmine Galenorn
August 26th, 2005, 08:19 PM
Wow, Yaz! You've going to have one busy fall. Sounds like fun though. And methinks you should get used to it...up is the only direction for you now. WOO HOO!

Lisa

B&N downtown (we have several in this city) is very interested in having me in. Been there before and it was dead, but if I play my cards right, I can probably rustle up an audience. Going to try to book December with them, so that both books will be out and Christmas shopping will be in full bloom.

Getting a t-shirt made for Sam tomorrow with the cover of A Harvest of Bones on it to wear around...will have my web site printed beneath it, and "Sometimes the past comes back to haunt you" over the top.

So...on goes the promotional bandwagon...hate playing salesperson but in publishing today, you have to.

Yazza :colorful:

Lisa Di Dio
August 28th, 2005, 11:56 AM
B&N downtown (we have several in this city) is very interested in having me in. Been there before and it was dead, but if I play my cards right, I can probably rustle up an audience. Going to try to book December with them, so that both books will be out and Christmas shopping will be in full bloom.

Getting a t-shirt made for Sam tomorrow with the cover of A Harvest of Bones on it to wear around...will have my web site printed beneath it, and "Sometimes the past comes back to haunt you" over the top.

So...on goes the promotional bandwagon...hate playing salesperson but in publishing today, you have to.

The tee shirt is a brilliant idea! :yourock:

Do you just take a copy of the cover on a cd to a store that screen prints? I'm thinking of having my friends wear Sherwood Forest & Standing Stones shirts at our booth at the Sacramento Harvest Moon Festival (aka Northern CA Pagan Pride). That is, of course, if you don't mind me stealing your idea???? It would feel really cheesy to wear my own shirt, but I'd be willing to wear AHOB shirt there!!!

_pounce_
Lisa

Yasmine Galenorn
August 28th, 2005, 05:54 PM
The tee shirt is a brilliant idea! :yourock:

Do you just take a copy of the cover on a cd to a store that screen prints? I'm thinking of having my friends wear Sherwood Forest & Standing Stones shirts at our booth at the Sacramento Harvest Moon Festival (aka Northern CA Pagan Pride). That is, of course, if you don't mind me stealing your idea???? It would feel really cheesy to wear my own shirt, but I'd be willing to wear AHOB shirt there!!!

_pounce_
Lisa

Oh, it's not *my* idea....LOL, got it from another author. What I did is I scanned the cover, cleaned it up in Paint Shop Pro, cropped it to the front (the covers I get in advance have the back on them too), then I resized the canvas and added the lettering above and below. DON'T compress it, though, because you'll compromise quality when it's time to print it. That's why I burnt the graphic onto CD--it was 10 megs big. Oh, and I saved it as a TIFF...better quality, but ask before you go what format they want it. Will take a picture of Sam in it and post it.

Yeah, I took it to a custom T-shirt place and it was done in an hour. Going to do that with all my covers for Sam, and going to get one for my sister and maybe my mother-in-law, they wear T-shirts (I don't).

I was in one of the B/N's in town yesterday, just making sure they had copies of my books, we were standing there near another woman. Sam asked, "Do they have all three?" I said, "Yeah, looks like it." The woman asks, "Are you an author?" I nod. She asks which books are mine. I pull one out and turns out, she's read all three, and is a fan. We chatted for a few minutes, I gave her my card, and she seemed very happy to meet an author she liked who lives in the area. She also had two darling poodles on her shoulders (she was literally carrying them around, one on each shoulder, through the store). It made my day, but I'm sure glad I dressed up to go out. :)

Yazza :fam03:

BrigidMoon
August 29th, 2005, 11:51 AM

Oh now that would be an awesome tee to have!

I am so excited about this book!

Yasmine Galenorn
August 31st, 2005, 02:00 PM
Okay, I'm off for the next few days to Cascadia Con, starting tomorrow. Going to have a blast and meet a few other authors I've been friends on the net with for awhile!

Lisa Di Dio
September 1st, 2005, 12:32 PM
Okay, I'm off for the next few days to Cascadia Con, starting tomorrow. Going to have a blast and meet a few other authors I've been friends on the net with for awhile!

Have a GREAT time, Yas. Can't wait to hear all about it!!!

Lisa

Yasmine Galenorn
September 3rd, 2005, 06:34 PM
Have a GREAT time, Yas. Can't wait to hear all about it!!!

Lisa

Am done for my part of it, thanks to my hip and back going out in a big way. It was...uh...can I say MAJOR disorganization? If anybody EVER throws an event where they invite panelists from all over the place, PLEASE don't send them running through different venues with back to back panels until you find out if they can make a seven minute run in two, or if they have any sort of back problems, etc.

The administration of this event was pretty bad--hard to find anybody who admitted to being in charge (ie: responsible), but the panels I was on went over pretty good and I did get half of them done. Sam didn't want me going in today or tomorrow--and with the way my knee feels (when my hip goes out, my knees burn like they're on fire), he was right.

Meanwhile, found out one of my nieces may be down near N.O....last word is that she lived in Gretna, which is right across the river from N.O. My other sister (not her mother) is going to try to find out more from her mother--with whom I don't really talk because we have such opposing viewpoints and she can't agree to disagree.

BrigidMoon
September 7th, 2005, 02:22 PM
I'm sorry you hurt your back. :(

I hope you feel better! I also hope that your family is okay and not in N.O.

Yasmine Galenorn
September 7th, 2005, 03:50 PM
I'm sorry you hurt your back. :(

I hope you feel better! I also hope that your family is okay and not in N.O.

Well, turns out my niece does live down there, though she and her husband rode out the hurricane okay, but I gather one of his relatives is missing. Rotten stuff, all the way around. I've got SO much I can say on the subject, but it's all been said. I will be donating a hard-to-find and out-of-print copy of Tarot Journeys to the auction Dorothy and Murv are running, as well as a copy of the ARCS (advanced reading copies--uncorrected proofs) of Ghost of a Chance. Have made monetary donations to Red Cross, Petco, and the Houston Humane Society so far. Still, do everything we can and it still feels so limited...but I guess it's the concept of 'everybody together can make a difference"...

Anyway, my back--went to the chiropractor today, will go again Friday. Lower right back muscles are really messed up and they still hurt but not as much as before. Working on A Demon in the Mix, as well as admin/goal work.

Will be attending two charity fundraisers as one of the guests of honor next month--but those should be fun and not nearly the strain running around. Both are for literacy causes. Also have set up a few book signings. Can't tour too far, though, this year. As per usual. ~grins~

OH....though I prefer Starbucks (don't care what anybody else says, it's damned good coffee and flavorings *grins*) found out that Tully's has rice milk. So I make my SB mochas at home, and when I'm out, now buy them at Tully's.

And so...back to work.
:hugz:

Lisa Di Dio
September 7th, 2005, 04:00 PM
Am done for my part of it, thanks to my hip and back going out in a big way. It was...uh...can I say MAJOR disorganization? If anybody EVER throws an event where they invite panelists from all over the place, PLEASE don't send them running through different venues with back to back panels until you find out if they can make a seven minute run in two, or if they have any sort of back problems, etc.

The administration of this event was pretty bad--hard to find anybody who admitted to being in charge (ie: responsible), but the panels I was on went over pretty good and I did get half of them done.

ACK. That sounds like a nightmare. Glad to hear your niece is okay, and I hope your visit to the chiropracter brings you much healing and relief.

Because, really chickie, I can't wait to read A Demon in the Mix and I'd hate to see anything hang up the writing of your next and most brilliant magnum opus! :artist: Just kidding. Sorry. That was so bad of me...

I hope you feel better really, really soon. _pounce_
Lisa

Yasmine Galenorn
September 8th, 2005, 09:49 PM
ACK. That sounds like a nightmare. Glad to hear your niece is okay, and I hope your visit to the chiropracter brings you much healing and relief.

Because, really chickie, I can't wait to read A Demon in the Mix and I'd hate to see anything hang up the writing of your next and most brilliant magnum opus! :artist: Just kidding. Sorry. That was so bad of me...

I hope you feel better really, really soon. _pounce_
Lisa

Doing good...getting the pages made on the new book...reorganized my schedule, getting to bed earlier (need to start taping InuYasha so I can see it since I'm going to bed before 1 AM now). Back to the chiropractor tomorrow for a followup on my back.

Busy buzzee...bizzee...bee. *grins*

BrigidMoon
September 11th, 2005, 01:02 AM
Sounds like you are very busy. I am as well. Wedding stuff mainly! I will donate but not sure where or what yet. Found out my aunt (she's an author too) is going to help out down there. She's trained in disaster recovery. Brave woman!

Yasmine Galenorn
September 11th, 2005, 08:14 PM
Sounds like you are very busy. I am as well. Wedding stuff mainly! I will donate but not sure where or what yet. Found out my aunt (she's an author too) is going to help out down there. She's trained in disaster recovery. Brave woman!

That's right--you're getting married soon, aren't you? What's the date again????

Hugs,

BrigidMoon
September 28th, 2005, 07:10 AM
Hey there! I got in touch with the Seattle Mystery Book Shop. I told them I'd love a signed copy of Legend of the Jade Dragon and [/I]Scent To The Grave[/I]. I just wanted to let you know. I got a hold of them so I can purchase some signed copies of your books! :)

Yasmine Galenorn
September 28th, 2005, 11:27 AM
Hey there! I got in touch with the Seattle Mystery Book Shop. I told them I'd love a signed copy of Legend of the Jade Dragon and [/I]Scent To The Grave[/I]. I just wanted to let you know. I got a hold of them so I can purchase some signed copies of your books! :)

Way cool! They are *VERY* nice people and I love signing there. Send me your name you told them you wanted the books signed under (via PM if you want) so I can try to make sure I add a special note. :)

BrigidMoon
October 15th, 2005, 07:53 PM
Way cool! They are *VERY* nice people and I love signing there. Send me your name you told them you wanted the books signed under (via PM if you want) so I can try to make sure I add a special note. :)

I hope the signing went well today! :)

Yasmine Galenorn
October 15th, 2005, 08:41 PM
I hope the signing went well today! :)

Actually, it did, and your books are signed and should be winging their way to you soon. :) My MIL is in for a visit--a good thing ;) --and just having a pretty nice day.

BrigidMoon
October 16th, 2005, 05:03 PM
Actually, it did, and your books are signed and should be winging their way to you soon. :) My MIL is in for a visit--a good thing ;) --and just having a pretty nice day.

Awesome! SO excited! HEY! I saw your ritual in a calendar today at the mall. I can't remember which one it was, sorry! But I had no idea you were being quoted in a 2006 calendar. I think it's a witches calendar. Pretty cool.

Yasmine Galenorn
October 16th, 2005, 08:11 PM
Awesome! SO excited! HEY! I saw your ritual in a calendar today at the mall. I can't remember which one it was, sorry! But I had no idea you were being quoted in a 2006 calendar. I think it's a witches calendar. Pretty cool.

Yeah, that's the one thing I'll still do with Llewellyn--write for their annuals. I've written for one or another (or sometimes more than one) of their calendars/date books since...well...years ago. Just sent in an article for next year, too.

The signing was fun...not a rush of people, but enough to make it feel like I wasn't in outer Siberia. A couple people came into Seattle specifically to see me--people I hadn't met. That was cool. Signed a lot of books for the shop too. My MIL is here, and we're having a lovely weekend...have the house decked out for autumn, will take pics and post here soon. :apumpkin:

Hugs,

AutumnWitchie
October 16th, 2005, 09:39 PM
Yazza, have you ever been to the Fayetteville, NC or Wilmington, NC area? If you ever come this way, I'd love to meet you. My hubby used to be an assistant manager at the Books A Million in Fayetteville. The only author we got to meet in his time there was Robin Moore (The Green Beret).

Yasmine Galenorn
October 16th, 2005, 10:26 PM
Yazza, have you ever been to the Fayetteville, NC or Wilmington, NC area? If you ever come this way, I'd love to meet you. My hubby used to be an assistant manager at the Books A Million in Fayetteville. The only author we got to meet in his time there was Robin Moore (The Green Beret).

No, hon...haven't. Unfortunately, my budget doesn't allow for cross-country travel. Yet. Hoping that will change in the coming couple years, but my publishers don't pay for most of their authors to tour. Whenever I *do* manage an east coast signing, I'll post here. :)

BrigidMoon
October 20th, 2005, 09:39 AM
No, hon...haven't. Unfortunately, my budget doesn't allow for cross-country travel. Yet. Hoping that will change in the coming couple years, but my publishers don't pay for most of their authors to tour. Whenever I *do* manage an east coast signing, I'll post here. :)

I just saw your blog again!

:thewave:

Yasmine Galenorn
October 21st, 2005, 01:38 PM
I just saw your blog again!

:thewave:

Yeah, yeah, it's up again. ~snickers~ I never can make up my mind, can I???

LOL, hugs lady. Let me know when you get the books!

BrigidMoon
October 24th, 2005, 09:58 PM
Yeah, yeah, it's up again. ~snickers~ I never can make up my mind, can I???

LOL, hugs lady. Let me know when you get the books!

I will don't worry! :)

Blogging is something when you start you can't stop it seems. I can go a week without writing in it but I end up updating at some point and look in on my LJ friends!

I like reading your blog. It's nice. :)

Yasmine Galenorn
October 26th, 2005, 02:01 PM
I will don't worry! :)

Blogging is something when you start you can't stop it seems. I can go a week without writing in it but I end up updating at some point and look in on my LJ friends!

I like reading your blog. It's nice. :)

LOL...well, there's a new long entry, from an update letter I sent to some friends (no real time to write individual letters lately, unfortunately). I mainly am using my blog to keep in touch with readers, right now...I really have a need-hate relationship with it. It provides an easy way to stay in touch, but I hate getting caught up in it because it sucks up time.

The Death By Chocolate event was incredibly fun--wrote about it in the blog.

Hoping you get your books soon!

Yasmine Galenorn
November 9th, 2005, 02:52 PM
Okay, have an interview up in the Motivated Writer (http://themotivatedwriter.com). It's long, rambling, and I had fun doing it.