PDA

View Full Version : Pray forYour School

AterCorax
September 16th, 2004, 06:01 PM
So yesterday I come to school to find a bunch of students *cough*preps*cough* infront of the school all together. Needless to say I went to the other entry way.

Anyway, I found out that it was some kind of Christian "Pray for Your School" thing.

Even if I was a Christian, I don't think I would pray for my school (or at the school, for that matter).

Well, that's pretty much all I wanted to say. :vanish:

-Ater

samiaminsane
September 16th, 2004, 06:02 PM
We used to have a group of kids who would pray in a circle around the flagpole, back in H.S. I was never a part of that, but hey, to each their own, right?

WolfWonderess
September 16th, 2004, 06:03 PM
Yep, we had the "meet at the flagpole" thing, too.

Needless to say, I wasn't part of it, either, but had no problem with it!

Aine of the Fae
September 16th, 2004, 06:04 PM
As a Christian I pray for everything... However yeah.. I can see where you wouldn't want to put the energy of prayers into public schools.... evil, evil places I tell ya...

AterCorax
September 16th, 2004, 06:05 PM
Yeah, it was the flagpole thing.

I don't have anything against it, besides the fact that I find it a little weird.

Pray at home kids, pray at home! :) lol

-Ater

Khuinaset
September 16th, 2004, 06:07 PM
*snorts* with the state our school is in, as far as I'm concerned it can have good energy from whoever wants to give it and I won't be complaining. All it's getting from me is lots of nasty thoughts about the teachers, curriculum, and administrators :p

Aine of the Fae
September 16th, 2004, 06:09 PM
Yeah, it was the flagpole thing.

I don't have anything against it, besides the fact that I find it a little weird.

Pray at home kids, pray at home! :) lol

-Ater

That is one thing that does disturb me about the "pray at the flagpole..." thing. They are directly disobeying Jesus' statements AGAINST public prayer. Prayer is supposed to be something private, not showing off to the world that "hey, I'm a better Christian that you..."

Fideal
September 16th, 2004, 06:09 PM
They had that at my school. I coerced several of them to bring me back donuts! Mwahahaha!

AterCorax
September 16th, 2004, 06:12 PM
That is one thing that does disturb me about the "pray at the flagpole..." thing. They are directly disobeying Jesus' statements AGAINST public prayer. Prayer is supposed to be something private, not showing off to the world that "hey, I'm a better Christian that you..."

Yeah, prayer to me has always been something done in private. That's why I'm not a big fan of public prayer.

-Ater

AterCorax
September 16th, 2004, 06:14 PM
They had that at my school. I coerced several of them to bring me back donuts! Mwahahaha!

LOL!! :rollingla

-Ater

Silver_FireStar
September 16th, 2004, 06:15 PM
the only school I whent to that actually prayed was juniors? But why wouldn't you want to pray for your school? this is the 21st centuary and 21st centurary terrorism as the beslan incedent should show us, is not limited to people who can defend themselves. 21st centurary terrorism has been focusing more on places like, schools, colleges and other such places. Only this month has it ended so bad, but does that mean they're going to stop targeting places that are so easy to access. I know anybody could walk into my highschool, and I mean ANYONE. we had dogs and cats joining our lessons, sneaking our older brothers/sisters/cousins in for dinner and breaks. It's not hard to get into schools, they're not designed for it and as terrorism increases in it's ferocity and decreases in its humanity, prawers for schools and colleges are going to be needed.

Damn gotta go to bed. Speaking of colleges and schools reminded me I have to get up early and listen to my teacher talk about what precautions have been put in place for our college. yes even briton fears the terrorists now, which we have never taken seriously, as a country, before.

Valnorran
September 16th, 2004, 06:20 PM
We had it at our school. I never minded. Some would silently prey before a test or (naturally!) before braving the cafeteria food.

Fideal
September 16th, 2004, 06:34 PM
I pray before tests. Just not with large groups of people outloud in front of the school with donuts. I don't see why large spectacles are necessary for prayer?

I wish I had donuts though.

WolfWonderess
September 16th, 2004, 07:21 PM
XD I STILL pray before tests! And before any presentations I have to give. ^^;;;

As for big spectacles...some people like the sense of community it gives them, kinda like how some Pagans join covens for ritual work.

As for me...I've *always* been an eclectic.

Velvet Paw
September 16th, 2004, 07:43 PM
After having lived in Tulsa,Ok , I have seen a lot of that ! I don't have anything against it myself. Katya always complained about it , but she is home schooled now. I say to each their own!

MentalCensorship
September 16th, 2004, 07:49 PM
I'm not sure when my school will be having this event. I think sometime this week. Needless to say, I would have joined had it not been out loud. In all honesty I disagree with making a big deal about it and don't see the spiritual strength in praying in front of the whole school. It has been, well, advertised at my school and I got sick after a while of how much publicity it's getting.

Cev'aq
September 16th, 2004, 10:45 PM
In all my experiences with See You At The Pole, they've all been on the same day, everywhere... :)

Katya
September 16th, 2004, 10:51 PM
i do it at school. i have a alter in my school... that's a cool part of homeschool.

Lilith79
September 16th, 2004, 11:00 PM
When I was still a Baptist, I did that once. It was wierd.

Sowelu
September 16th, 2004, 11:04 PM
the only school I whent to that actually prayed was juniors? But why wouldn't you want to pray for your school? this is the 21st centuary and 21st centurary terrorism as the beslan incedent should show us, is not limited to people who can defend themselves. 21st centurary terrorism has been focusing more on places like, schools, colleges and other such places. Only this month has it ended so bad, but does that mean they're going to stop targeting places that are so easy to access. I know anybody could walk into my highschool, and I mean ANYONE. we had dogs and cats joining our lessons, sneaking our older brothers/sisters/cousins in for dinner and breaks. It's not hard to get into schools, they're not designed for it and as terrorism increases in it's ferocity and decreases in its humanity, prawers for schools and colleges are going to be needed.

Damn gotta go to bed. Speaking of colleges and schools reminded me I have to get up early and listen to my teacher talk about what precautions have been put in place for our college. yes even briton fears the terrorists now, which we have never taken seriously, as a country, before.

:eyebrow: