PDA

View Full Version : My new kitten!

-Sky-
September 18th, 2004, 09:47 AM
Merry Meet
just wanted to tell everybody that i bought a new kitten 2 days ago!His name is Mysterio and he is the cutest thing!He's a 3 months old original siamese.His colour is a cream white but his ears,his nose,his paws and his tail is a brown-grey colour!
I didn't exactly buy him,my uncle did and he sent him from Athens,here in Agrinio although its 3,5h away.When I first saw him,I don't know I was charmed.He's amazing and lovable!
And he is so tender!He kisses my chick all the time and likes to be petted.He purrs all the time!And creeps into my arms.And he's quite quiet,he doesn't complain a lot.The bad thing is he's still young and as we play he accidentally scartches my hands...I'm all scartches!
But poor thing is sick!I took him to the vet yesterday and he said he has some kind of inflammation in the lungs so we have to give him pill for 10 days.But I think he's gonna be alright!
I bought him a little blue ball with a bell in it and he chases all day!And then I also bought him a big mouse made from rope for him to scratch his claws.he loves it.
As soon as I can I'll post pics of him!I have 2 already!

~Anna

ap Dafydd
September 18th, 2004, 03:02 PM
Sounds like a little sweetheart! He might be quiet at the moment, but Siamese are well known for being talkative so get ready for some chattering when he starts...

Look forward to the pictures

gwyn eich byd

Ffred

OriginalWacky
September 18th, 2004, 09:34 PM
Aww congratulations! I love kittens.

Something to think about, start trimming his claws now, while he is young, and get him used to it. You can have a groomer or the vet show you how to do it (it's not tough at all, I do mine all the time). That will reduce the amount of scratches you get (not get rid of them totally most of the time) and be good for other stuff too.

Yep, Siamese are known for being vocal cats, so you may have a talker before long.

Elistariel
September 18th, 2004, 09:54 PM
yes, siamese are VERY talkative. My cousins (twins) used to have one named Pepe. I agree, clip his claws now. Don't clip past the pink part. Also, try giving him baths. We did that to my cat. He is 12 years old now, and we'll just set him in our lap and clip his claws. doesn't pitch a fit or anything. He still hates water, but that's a cat thing, unless you have a Turkish Van, they actually like water. You may wish to get a scratching post if you value your furniture.

Aleannah
September 18th, 2004, 10:12 PM
I have a Siamese..and ALL she does is talk..and be prepared for love bites...just little nibbles that don't break the skin or even close...just little pinches, really...clip the claws early...I have 4 kitties and I can clip everybody, all 4 paws in about 10 min...no fussing, no fighting...also, you can train them to keep their little claws in when they're playing...just gently grab the paw, very gently flick it and tell them to keep their claws in...works great, and they get the message, and you can play with them without them scratching you. Hugs and love...:hugz:

-Sky-
September 19th, 2004, 06:56 AM
Oh thank you so much guys for all the advices!!!
About his claws:I asked the vet to trim his claws but he said this would make things worst because the more you trim them the more they scratch them to make them sharper again.My cousin who also had a cat said that he's still young and that growing up he'll learn using his claws..I hope.But if this doesn't work,I'll ask one more vet.Yeah Puff,I'll start teaching him to keep his claws inside,that would be great!I already got him a scratching post!It's in th shape of a mouse but I don't know if he will use it...
I know he's already talkative!It's like he's talking to us,it's so cute!I mean when he wants a hug or tries to get into my arms his talks,and also when I pet him.
Why should I give him baths?I thought cats cleaned themselves...

~Anna

morrigen
September 19th, 2004, 07:51 AM
Oooh...kitties! Congratulations on becoming a kitty-mom :)

Hope the little guy gets better soon, and goes on to live a long and happy life with you...he sounds adorable!

Tullip Troll
September 19th, 2004, 08:07 AM
Cats do clean themselves and you do not need to give them a bath unless there's a problem.

Clipping thier claws does incourage them to scratch more as in furniture etc.

Kitties are cute and maybe your kitty seeing as he is a talkative one can learn how to say something. Just repeat certain simple sounds to him...like mummm etc.

MheraPai

Kitties are the Best

-Sky-
September 19th, 2004, 10:39 AM
Cats do clean themselves and you do not need to give them a bath unless there's a problem.

Clipping thier claws does incourage them to scratch more as in furniture etc.

Kitties are cute and maybe your kitty seeing as he is a talkative one can learn how to say something. Just repeat certain simple sounds to him...like mummm etc.

MheraPai

Kitties are the Best

Mysterio is sooo smart!He's actually watching television!The day I got him,he was in my lap and when I put a Charmed music video he watched it all!And then,yesterday i rent the Aristocats and he watched 5 minutes of it,he he
Can I teach him to say some words?How???Please tell me some more info.

~Anna