PDA

View Full Version : Menstrual Cycles, and the Moon.

Danustouch
August 24th, 2001, 10:03 AM
I used to always get my moon-flow at the time of the full moon. But my cycle has changed. Someone told me that in ancient days, MOST women got theirs around the time of the Full-moon..do any of you believe that this is true?

Another person told me, that the more in tune you are, with the moons cycles, the more "regular" you become, and that it will often contribute to your period arriving at the moons' fullness. Is this correct? Do your cycles somewhat revolve around the cycles of the moon?

My cycle has changed, as I said. Now it shows up a week before the full moon. I'm wondering if it's because I haven't done as many rituals as I used to, and those that I do, seem to be shorter. Mostly on full moons, I just try to meditate, or say a little prayer..or light a candle. Though I admit, (bad girl)..the last full moon, I did nothing. I wasn't feeling well.

Swanspirit
August 24th, 2001, 11:30 AM
To DO something every full moon to stay in tune with moon physiologically , if we need to at all .
I dont know about ancient womens cycles , I think that is part of the valuable information lost to us by eradication by patriarchal cultures...... and slowly being regained by women because we once again are ascribing importance to it.
I am sure that women kept track of their cycles , and I believe it an integral part of the earliest beginnings of calendar making.How could it NOT have been??
I think if your cycle has changed it is enough that you are paying attention :> and tracking it . Perhaps it means you can do something with the energy of a different phase of the moon :>, they are all good
HUGS
:heartthro :heartthro
Swannie

Faery-Wings
August 27th, 2001, 01:53 PM
I have always been extremely irregular in my cycles. I would even skip periods while I was on the Pill. Sheesh. But I had my tubes tied a year ago and since then have become very aware of the moon's cycles. For the last three months, I have gotten it right at the Full Moon. Now I know that isn't a long time, but it will be interesting to see if it continues.

Chris

Myst
August 27th, 2001, 01:57 PM
Mine is quite regular and predictable according to my Pill cycle. So the moon's phase is irrelevant as far as that, whereas whether I remember to pick up a pack on time has more bearing :)

Lavender
September 4th, 2001, 03:31 AM
Even though I'm on the pill, I find my cycles more or less falls near or on a full moon. I may be a day or two off here & there. When I was younger, I used to find it a terrible inconvenience but now, I look forward to that time each month & try to do something special...just to celebrate me.

Silver Venus
September 5th, 2001, 07:02 AM
Originally posted by Wildchild
Even though I'm on the pill, I find my cycles more or less falls near or on a full moon. I may be a day or two off here & there. When I was younger, I used to find it a terrible inconvenience but now, I look forward to that time each month & try to do something special...just to celebrate me.

Thats so great! Ive been celebrating my moon time blood of recent months too and find it so fulfilling and inspiring :)
I havent even told anyone around me because they may think Ive gone mad ~ but maybe I should now! I think every woman should celebrate her moon time and be proud of it :D

Im on the pill too and have ben going through some wierd months of having two moon times! one of the new moon and one on the full.. just stress and other things which Ive had checked out ...but normally I get it around a full moon and always have. I belive in the moon ruling our cycles ~ both physically and emoitonally.

Its also really interesting if your living with another friend who is a woman ~ because you both intune with each other ~ one adpats so you both have you moon times at the same time! Now thats a mystery to me! I used to go to boarding school where my whole dorm had their moon time at the same time! :p

Danustouch
September 5th, 2001, 09:46 AM
That happened alot in College, SilverVenus. ALL the girls on my floor, would pretty much, have it all at the same time. You could always tell, too....the moodswings were incredible. LOL.

Silver Venus
September 5th, 2001, 09:57 AM
lol I know what you mean ;)

Myst
September 5th, 2001, 04:39 PM
Yup, it's those darn pheremones. The herding concept comes through even now. My mom and I were always in sync when I lived at home, and now my best female friends and I are usually in sync because we spend so much time together :)

Lavender
September 8th, 2001, 02:04 AM
Originally posted by Silver Venus

Thats so great! Ive been celebrating my moon time blood of recent months too and find it so fulfilling and inspiring :)
I havent even told anyone around me because they may think Ive gone mad ~ but maybe I should now! I think every woman should celebrate her moon time and be proud of it :D

That's also when I feel the most powerful magically and in tuned with everything around me. I feel I could probably grow roots & become a tree if I hold still long enough. I love my son but sometimes, I wish I had a little girl also that I can share these things with her.

My mom came from a family of 7 girls. They were all in sync each month. My poor grandad! :p I know when I was living at home, my mom, my sister & I were all in sync with each other.

Does anyone get a magazine called "Sagewoman"? There was a back issue on celebrating moontime. It was quite nice.

Myst
September 8th, 2001, 03:04 AM
Yes I read Sagewoman regularly. Will have to hunt around and see if I have that copy. :)

Danustouch
September 14th, 2001, 10:29 AM
So..Now the question is..how do we honor our moon times? What kind of rituals can be done?????? Even if we do not use a magickal ritual to honor it, what are some suggestions for doing so, in more mundane terms??

Does anyone else believe that honoring your moontime, decreases the symptoms you have, such as cramping and bloating? A friend of mine swears by this.

Twilight Garden
September 15th, 2001, 01:30 AM
Mine is always very regularly smack dab in the middle of the waning moon. I have difficulty with PMS symptoms. I don't work, but if I did I'd probably be missing work once a month. I'm going to try doing a "cycles ritual" at the appropriate time and see how it goes. Great idea!

Silver Venus
September 18th, 2001, 06:52 AM
Yeah that is a great idea about a Moon time ritual!
Im very lucky as I dont suffer from cramps only very rarely.. my sister does though ~ really bad and she hates hers ~ Im wondering now after what youve said ~ that if she celebrated her moon time her pain would be reduced ~ ill be sure to tell her :)

Wildchild ~ what did the mag say about it? That sounds pretty cool!

Maybe we could make a ritual together? I (when I remember!) at the start of my moon time ~ smear a little onto a candle and light that to honour the goddess in me.

Love and Light :)

Shy Hawk
October 15th, 2001, 01:01 AM
I thought it was just me....when I'm on mine...I feel so great. Alive rather...but I don't get cramps really at all, so maybe that's just me.
I'm not close enough really to any women to get in sync with any of them....but that's a cool though.
Generally, I spend those few days in meditation and do yogo and such. I feel really able bodied...and I am not sure if I'm with the moon or not...I'm quite irregular.
My only real "symptoms" before hand are a little bit of moodiness, and fever/sluggishness. After that, I don't have any problems with it.
I would be interested in seeing a ritual for this though.

Danustouch
December 10th, 2001, 09:48 AM
*BUMP*