PDA

View Full Version : CAI: Sacred Circle

Xentor
September 24th, 2004, 08:53 PM
Based on my visualisation of casting a circle:

http://www.mysticwicks.com/photoalbum/albums/userpics/13818/normal_sacredcircle.jpg (http://www.mysticwicks.com/photoalbum/albums/userpics/13818/sacredcircle.jpg)

ApollaJade
September 24th, 2004, 08:55 PM
Wow!

SilverClaw
September 25th, 2004, 04:06 PM
Hehehe that is what I said in his other post with this picture in it, and I do not know about anyone elese but ist sure has a nice energy to it :D

goDez
September 26th, 2004, 05:54 AM
Nice Xen!

One Q tho, in the other post you told that you wanted to emphasize on the Deities, and that's why there's no pentagram.. But I wonder, what does the pentagram has to do with deity at all? And where in this picture are you exactly emphasizing that aspect? What, in your view, has Deity to do with casting a circle?

Xentor
September 26th, 2004, 06:08 AM
I normally don't cast a circle. I just blast everything to cleanse it. For me to do the lbrp I need to visualise a way of invoking the deities involved. I have no visualisation of those, thus I interpreted them as shields (the pastille figures), because of the function of that ritual, which seems to have the same function as a wiccan circle cast, and the same function as my cleansing blast: to shield and protect. The shields are curved around the sphere (my influence), as a protection for all sides, 360 degrees, instead of just 4 directions.

What are deities doing in a wiccan circle cast? As far as I understand it (and I may be completely wrong), in casting the circle the wiccan calls the four quarters to protect the circle.

morrigen
September 26th, 2004, 07:54 AM
*That* is one damn nice circle. And far more imaginative than mine ever are.

Nice work, Xentor :)

Shatril
September 26th, 2004, 07:58 AM
a good visualization.

goDez
September 27th, 2004, 08:49 AM
Well Xentor yes! We call the quarters, that is correct. We believe that there are Guards at those quarters which block out bad vibes from the element the Guard on a certain quarter perscribes to. Its alot like the LBRP. I guess these Guards represent forms of Deity, but not the Deity itself.. That is represented symbolically by statues and/or candles on the altar. Ofcourse Deity is evoked/invoked during a ritual. Its supposedly IN the circle alright. Where exactly is not anything i'm certain of, the center does not seem like a right place tho. If you invoke, the Deity is inside the Wiccan. If you evoke, I suppose it is ANYWHERE in the circle. You are correct on the sphereshape tho, this protection is NOT only at these 4 cardinal points. Every element is guarding throughout the entire sphere's surface. So there are probably four layers of protective shield around a Wiccan circle, only represented by four cardinal points as of the Symbolic value.

MerrisHawk
September 30th, 2004, 12:25 AM
That is a spiffy visualization! I love the layers of color inside the sphere.

Angelus_Errare
October 3rd, 2004, 07:40 AM
Great work Xentor! I love it! :)

~*Ginger*~
October 3rd, 2004, 09:21 AM
That is so hot!

Xentor
October 3rd, 2004, 02:30 PM
:)