PDA

View Full Version : Site On Strega.

Danustouch
August 25th, 2001, 08:48 PM
An interesting site about Italian Witchcraft..."Strega". I haven't studied the tradition too much in depth, so cannot attest to whether or not the authors claims are well founded....But..it was certainly an interesting read. Any of you out there practice Strega? Want to offer a review or critique about this?

http://www.stregheria.com/main.htm

Earth Walker
August 26th, 2001, 10:20 AM
Good article! Lots of stuff to read.

Have you read the book: Aradia--Gospel of the Witches by
Charles G. Leland?

This is the book that inspired Gerald Gardner & Doreen Valiente.

Ms. Valiente took Leland's translation of ARADIA and, using it
for inspiration, wrote the now standard version of the "Charge
of the Goddess" which is one of the most important rituals in
modern Wicca.

Danustouch
August 26th, 2001, 12:31 PM
I haven't read the Gospel of The Witches...but...i do use the Charge found there, in some rituals. Have a copy of it in my B.O.S. I'm not italian..but my hubby is. I'm looking into Strega for him...maybe he'll identify more with it, than with the Celtic Pantheon that I primarily follow. His Great Grandfather, was from northern Italy..and was a gypsy, for part of his life. Hubby got a deck of cards which was passed down from him...just regular playing cards..but with Old Italian language on them. I keep wondering if this was the old mans..."Tarot"...cards.

Myst
August 27th, 2001, 03:23 PM
Actually I have been studying Stregheria for years and that's a site I've used as a resource on various occasions.

Fawn
August 28th, 2001, 12:11 AM
It is agreat site. Charles Leland though should have learned his Italian better.
I am strega. My family always has been.
There is alot left out (purposely) on these sites and books for being a family tradition we keep certain things secret.;)
So Willow Raven are you involved with a coven yet? Or are you studying to be solitare? I ask from curiousity.

Myst
August 28th, 2001, 01:58 AM
Certain things should be kept secret, perhaps. I study alone, partially because there are no covens in this area, and partially because they would involve a trust I don't have for many people anyway :) Unfortunately I haven't been so lucky as to have this religion in my family so I learn what I can where I can :)

Fawn
September 1st, 2001, 04:17 AM
You could not have found a better one.
If you wish to ask me anything *IF* I could help--I will try my best.