View Full Version : Make your own 'Pumpkin Spice' candles

September 28th, 2004, 06:56 PM
So, I was just in the favorite candle scent thread, and I noticed alot of pumpkin spice fans!

Here's what you can do to make your own yummy scented candles:
Get some regular bulk candle wax or you can melt down a cheap candle, whatever you have around the house. Dip your candle of choice into the melted wax and then roll it in spices (pumpkin pie spice, nutmeg, cinnamon, etc.). You can repeat the process as many times as you want, but don't forget to let the candle cool for a few minutes first. These candles smell wonderful and look great too! They get that lumpy effect you see in alot of bakery scented candles. I used to make a few of the smaller tapers and then wrap ribbon around them, they make cute little gifts too.

September 28th, 2004, 07:09 PM
cool! I've been looking for fall projects. I'll definitely have to try this one, considering how much I looooove spice scented candles.

Thanks for sharing!

Romani Vixen
September 28th, 2004, 11:15 PM
Awsome!!! I just need to work on my dipping!!! I'm going to be getting a small kit from michaels

September 29th, 2004, 01:34 AM
I can't wait to try it.

September 29th, 2004, 09:04 AM
That's such a good idea; I had no idea what to do with the wax i've saved from dead candles. I'll have to dig out some candles and try dipping them in the bits I've been saving.

September 29th, 2004, 02:28 PM
I will have to try it. Thanks. Can you also put the spices in the melted candle wax and get the same effect. If you can then doing both would be some really great smelling candles.

September 29th, 2004, 05:58 PM
Yep, you can also just put the spices in when making your own candles. What's really nice is getting some scented oil for candlemaking (like pumpkin pie spice or cinnamon for this particular project) and rolling the candles in that too... best smell in the world!