PDA

View Full Version : Rune Class Intro - what will looked at in this class and sign up.

SilverClaw
September 29th, 2004, 12:30 PM
Hello and welcome, my name is Bran Iolair, you can call me Bran for short :) I have been working with Runes for almost 10 years now and thought it would be a neat idea to get a class started on Runes, not just in the divination sense, but also in the sense of using runes for healing and so on.

I am estimating that this class will run from October until the end of December give or take, but really I think that depends on how people are progressing in the class and how attendance is for the class before the holidays. So we can discuss that more when the time comes.

Also depending on the assignments I give I will be taking about a week or so for each assignment. So no one feels that they have to rush through this all.

So in the way of class materials I ask that you have a journal, and a set of runes. If you do not have a set already do not worry one of the first assignments I will be putting up is how to make your own set.

Well I think that is about it for the intro to this class, so if you are interested please sign up!!

Bran_whistle_

Tzhebee
September 29th, 2004, 01:22 PM
I'm extremely interested! And I'll actually try to stay involved. :thumbsup:

emmunite
September 29th, 2004, 01:26 PM
I'm in. I've worked with runes as a diviniation tool but would love to learn more.

teishabee
September 29th, 2004, 01:31 PM
Im majorly up for this!!!

anagarically
September 29th, 2004, 02:08 PM
I would love to join in. Sounds very interesting. :-D

mothwench
September 29th, 2004, 02:21 PM
oh, yes! me too please. :smile:

silverstard
September 29th, 2004, 02:24 PM
I'd like to join in! Thanks~

faerieridingdragons
September 29th, 2004, 02:29 PM
I too wish to join.I just received my first set,and can't wait to learn how to use them.

SilverClaw
September 29th, 2004, 03:21 PM
I'll actually try to stay involved. :thumbsup: Tzhebee just do your best it is not like this is a pass or fail type class

Tzhebee
September 29th, 2004, 03:32 PM
Tzhebee just do your best it is not liek the is a pass or fail type class
:lol: Thanks...I just have a tenancy to start things and not actually finish them. It drives me crazy. :durrrr:

SilverClaw
September 29th, 2004, 03:34 PM
:lol: Thanks...I just have a tenancy to start things and not actually finish them. It drives me crazy. :durrrr: Hehehe I know that all to well, sometimes I find it a struggle to finish things I ahve started to. Your not alone h:bouncybob

silvaraven
September 29th, 2004, 05:23 PM
I would like to join the class also

Wulf Stormhand
September 29th, 2004, 07:59 PM
Do you mean the elder Futhark Runes? A lot of people do not realize this but there are quite a few different types of runes. If this is the Elder Futhark, i would like to join in, as though I can read and write in the Elder Futhark, I would always love to learn more about them!

Brightest Blessings,
Wulf

SilverClaw
September 29th, 2004, 08:10 PM
Wulf I will be focussing mostly on Elder Futhark, but I will also be discussing a few of the other types Runes as well.

tygherrayn
September 29th, 2004, 11:32 PM
Oohhohhohhh Me!

And, I think I have a spare set of runes if anyone would like some to practice with. I'll double check when I get home. :)

Wulf Stormhand
September 29th, 2004, 11:32 PM
Cool, well sign me up!

Brightest blessings,
Wulf

Verthandi
September 30th, 2004, 12:04 AM
Hey, this sounds like a great idea! I'll join for sure!

enchancea
September 30th, 2004, 12:38 AM
Sign me up. I cant wait to make my own set of runes and learn how to use them

CajunLady
September 30th, 2004, 03:06 AM
Oh sign me up too! I have a set of runes i made myself by cutting a fallen willown branch and burning the images in.

Earthy
September 30th, 2004, 03:22 AM
Ooh i'm in.I've just bought my first set of runes and want to learn how to read them.

Bix
September 30th, 2004, 09:22 AM
I don't have any runes, but this class sounds interesting. Sign me up!

piglet
September 30th, 2004, 03:21 PM
me too please

-piglet

Clockwork_Eros
September 30th, 2004, 06:50 PM
I'd love to join up. I've been using runes for divination for about four or five years now, and have been using them in the manner of vitki just recently. I've also been trying out the yoga positions a bit, but I really want to learn more.

xblue420x
September 30th, 2004, 11:06 PM
yippeeee! me too me too! im def. in

mucgwyrt
October 1st, 2004, 04:35 AM
I dont have time to keep up with assignments etc, but would it be ok for me to follow the classes and ask a few questions every now and again? :D

SilverClaw
October 1st, 2004, 04:38 AM
As I mentioned before this is not a fail or pass course, however for the parts regarding the healing I hope you would be able to do the assignements, but really it is up t o you.

SilverClaw
October 1st, 2004, 02:59 PM
Ok well it looks like that is it for sighn ups later today or tommorw morning I will have the first lesson up :D

Raven Reed
October 2nd, 2004, 04:12 AM
Can you take one more? I am very interested!

DragonRose
October 2nd, 2004, 08:28 PM
Just found you this very moment,, may I join. I have my own set of runes in which i made with herbs and clay.... and yes they work well..

SilverClaw
October 3rd, 2004, 12:18 AM
Here is the Class list please make sure that you checked and made sure your name is in the list and it is spelled correctly :D Thanks_cloud9_

Tzhebee

Emmunite

Teishabee

Anagarically

Mothwench

Silverstard

Faerieridingdragons

Silvaraven

Tygherrayn

Wulf Stormhand

Verthandi

Enchancea

DixieWitch

Earthy

Bix

Piglet

Clockwork_Eros

xblue420x

macha

Raven Reed

DragonRose

pixidust
October 3rd, 2004, 02:14 PM
I would like to join this class.
Pixi

halfwaynowhere
October 3rd, 2004, 02:20 PM
ooh, i wanna sign up! I have a set of runes (actually, they belong to my mom, but she lets me use them), but i have never been able to get them to work properly...

SilverClaw
October 3rd, 2004, 05:30 PM
Here is the Class list please make sure that you checked and made sure your name is in the list and it is spelled correctly :D Thanks_cloud9_

Tzhebee

Emmunite

Teishabee

Anagarically

Mothwench

Silverstard

Faerieridingdragons

Silvaraven

Tygherrayn

Wulf Stormhand

Verthandi

Enchancea

DixieWitch

Earthy

Bix

Piglet

Clockwork_Eros

xblue420x

macha

Raven Reed

DragonRose

pixidust

halfwaynowhere

Shatril

Sinead

semicivilizedman
torrentoftears
_whistle_

TO THOSE JUST ADDED TO THE LIST PLEASE READ THE OTHER POSTS AND RESPOND THANKS:D

Shatril
October 3rd, 2004, 05:45 PM
Bran sorry to do this to you so late in the game, but I would really love to get into this class.

SilverClaw
October 3rd, 2004, 07:01 PM
Oh Shatril I'll forgive ya this time :hehehehe: :lol:

Know Your Rights
October 3rd, 2004, 08:38 PM
If it's not too late... I would like to sign up, though I'm not sure as to my ability because I don't have runes and may not be able to make any....

semi
October 4th, 2004, 01:28 PM
I'm late for everything. Sorry. I've felt a tug toward runes for awhile now. I know that I have to learn about runes and, especially, make a set. Not sure why yet, but I'll find out eventually, hopefully during this class. Can I come in? I'll bring ice cream for everyone.

SilverClaw
October 4th, 2004, 02:02 PM
I'll bring ice cream for everyone. Oh a bribe :D hahahaha :bubbles:

torrentoftears
October 4th, 2004, 10:53 PM
Do you think it would be too late for me to sign up? I just ordered my first rune set, and I'm very interested in learning...:D

SilverClaw
October 4th, 2004, 11:03 PM
_tsk_

Kern
October 5th, 2004, 05:41 PM
May I join?

Tzhebee
October 5th, 2004, 05:47 PM
(quick, Bran...you're answer must be: ONly if you promise to quit changing your name. :p )

Kern
October 5th, 2004, 05:50 PM
(quick, Bran...you're answer must be: ONly if you promise to quit changing your name. :p )
lol
:shot:

SilverClaw
October 5th, 2004, 08:32 PM
:kooky:

SilverClaw
October 5th, 2004, 08:40 PM
ONly if you promise to quit changing your name.:gagged:
ok wait a minute Kern who were you in your previous life then?

SilverClaw
October 5th, 2004, 08:45 PM
:megaphoneok nevermind I think i know who you are now!

SilverClaw
October 5th, 2004, 09:24 PM

Tzhebee

Emmunite

Teishabee

Anagarically

Mothwench

Silverstard

Faerieridingdragons

Silvaraven

Wulf Stormhand

Verthandi

Enchancea

DixieWitch

Earthy

Bix

Piglet

Clockwork_Eros

xblue420x

macha

Raven Reed

DragonRose

pixidust

halfwaynowhere

Shatril

Sinead

semicivilizedman
torrentoftears
Kern
Lunacie
DragonMystic
Faeawyn
crystal autumnwind

:chattin:

TO THOSE JUST ADDED TO THE LIST PLEASE READ THE OTHER POSTS AND RESPOND THANKS:D

Kern
October 6th, 2004, 11:20 AM
Yeah I am on the list,but im small. And no more name changes I promise.

tygherrayn
October 6th, 2004, 01:40 PM
Apologives, but I need to drop this class for now. It's entirely too confusing for me at the moment, and I have to focus on my other classes.

Lunacie
October 6th, 2004, 04:39 PM
I just found the first lesson, did not see this sign-up thread. I'd sure like to join the class. I really enjoy using my runes and would love to learn more about them and get new ideas and thoughts to consider. Wow, it's a big class! I didn't realize so many were interested in working with runes. Cool.

DragonMystic
October 6th, 2004, 11:40 PM
is it to late to sign up? if not i'd like to join.

Faeawyn
October 7th, 2004, 09:33 AM
I would like to join as well :D

SilverClaw
October 8th, 2004, 11:52 AM
Welcome DragonMystic and Faeawyn to the class.:bumpsmili

DragonMystic
October 8th, 2004, 02:53 PM
yeeeaaaaa!!!

SilverClaw
October 9th, 2004, 12:33 AM
:D:thewave:

crystal autumnwind
October 10th, 2004, 06:42 PM
I hope I'm not being a pain, but is it too late for me to join?

SilverClaw
October 10th, 2004, 07:36 PM

Tzhebee

Emmunite

Teishabee

Anagarically

Mothwench

Silverstard

Faerieridingdragons

Silvaraven

Wulf Stormhand

Verthandi

Enchancea

DixieWitch

Earthy

Bix

Piglet

Clockwork_Eros

xblue420x

macha

Raven Reed

DragonRose

pixidust

Shatril

Sinead

semicivilizedman
torrentoftears
Kern
Lunacie
DragonMystic
Faeawyn
crystal autumnwind
Rua
Nefertari Nefre

Rua
October 12th, 2004, 07:33 PM
Umm... is it too late to join?

SilverClaw
October 12th, 2004, 07:56 PM
I am beginning to think NO :D Welcome Rua:woot:

~Anamorata~
October 14th, 2004, 05:48 PM
Another one asking to join!!!! is it too late? :nicetie:

SilverClaw
October 17th, 2004, 11:09 PM
if you have not noticed already, you have been added :D

SilverClaw
October 17th, 2004, 11:13 PM

Tzhebee

Emmunite

Teishabee

Anagarically

Mothwench

Silverstard

Faerieridingdragons

Silvaraven

Wulf Stormhand

Verthandi

Enchancea

DixieWitch

Earthy

Bix

Piglet

Clockwork_Eros

xblue420x

macha

Raven Reed

DragonRose

pixidust

Shatril

Sinead

semicivilizedman
torrentoftears
Kern
Lunacie
DragonMystic
Faeawyn
crystal autumnwind
Rua
Nefertari Nefre
Shanti

Shanti
October 17th, 2004, 11:13 PM
Thank you Bran! :)

SilverClaw
October 17th, 2004, 11:14 PM
No Problem just adding you to the list :D

Wolfscout1
November 4th, 2004, 03:21 PM
Thanks Bran i did not wish to post anything until i had received pm from you as to being ok
thanks.

( should have posted here first before other threads.. :)

SilverClaw
November 4th, 2004, 03:34 PM
No problem I'll forgive ya this time :tongueout

Wolfscout1
November 4th, 2004, 06:04 PM
Thank you ma'am. :awilly:

Dorigen
November 24th, 2004, 07:43 PM
Hi! I was wondering if I could still be part of your classes. Im a new member to the forum and I would love to learn a lot about runes.

:graduate:

blackcatwiccan01090
November 26th, 2004, 07:54 PM
great guyz, im in class started already?

MagickalSummer
November 27th, 2004, 01:24 AM
I would like to jump in also...

~Summer

SilverClaw
November 27th, 2004, 02:53 AM
hi you two I am just letting you know that this rune class is almost over we have two lessons left if you still want to join then that is ok please get caught up on the lessons and make sure you have a set of runes to use. Let me know so I can add you to the list in lesson 3 please.

thanks alot
Bran

MagickalSummer
November 28th, 2004, 04:46 PM
Hi Bran-

As I was catching up on the 1st 3 lessons, I read that you plan on giving this class starting in January again. If this is still true, I will wait and start then, working on making my runes in between. I have a set I love, but I will make a handmade set also. Let me know if you are still doing the class in January.

Thanks!
~Summer

SilverClaw
November 28th, 2004, 05:12 PM
This class that we are doing right now will be ending in January and then Sign ups will occur in February and if all goes well, depending on what is going on with my family the new class will start in March.

MagickalSummer
November 29th, 2004, 03:40 PM
OK...I will wait for March then :) Thank you!

~Summer

SilverClaw
November 29th, 2004, 05:11 PM
:D Look forward to it.

WulfcwenStar
January 10th, 2005, 11:55 AM
MM
I made some runes a while back now and would like to know how to use them properly I have their meanings but that is all. I will look up the lessons that are on site and see what I need and the amount of runes as well. I would love to sign up in March if you are going to restart the lessons again. :reading:
It is wonderful that you are doing this. Thank You. :yourock:

SilverClaw
January 10th, 2005, 03:01 PM
If all goes well sign ups for the next class will be in February but right now i am not sure if there is going to be a second class, I still have not decided what is going to happen but as soon as I do I will let you know.

SilverClaw
January 12th, 2005, 02:19 AM
Never mind what was previously in this post.

Phoenix Risingstar
January 14th, 2005, 01:06 PM
I'm still fairly new here, please pardon my ignorance of the classes and how they operate. Will the second set of Rune classes be different from the first? How?

Thanks for your patience as I learn my way around.

SilverClaw
January 14th, 2005, 04:24 PM
Well there will be minor changes in two of the lessons and as for aissgnements things will be a bit different to, otherwise this second class is more or less the same and is going through the second time around for those who did not get to finsh the first class and for the new people who expressed interest in the second class.

Phoenix Risingstar
January 15th, 2005, 12:35 PM
^^^

Thanks, Bran. I will peruse this round's lessons anxiously awaiting the next beginning. Hope I do not miss the sign-up. :D

SilverClaw
January 15th, 2005, 02:34 PM
Nope the New sign up starts February 1- the end of the month or at least that is what I am hoping to do.

Harleys_angel
January 16th, 2005, 01:26 AM
I would love to take the class if I may

SilverClaw
January 16th, 2005, 02:38 AM
Well then look forward to your signing up in February :abanana:

Prickle
February 4th, 2005, 06:11 PM
Are you taking new sign ups yet?

SilverClaw
February 4th, 2005, 06:52 PM
ANYONE ELSE WHO IS INTERESTED PLEASE PM ME.Class will start in March.