PDA

View Full Version : Contact

Sowelu
September 29th, 2004, 04:29 PM
Just wondering.....:huh:

Has anyone here ever contacted a departed loved one or know someone who has?
Was it a success and what happened? Do you believe this can be done?
:cutie:

HDS
September 29th, 2004, 04:30 PM
I sure do believe it can be done, but i have not managed yet, i also belive that such a thing requires very high levels of energy on all parts....

Nighthawk
September 29th, 2004, 04:32 PM
I am not sure.. ask GR to send you Dale Jr's account of his recent wreck and the role his deceased father played in him getting out... fascinating story, and she would know it..or click here..http://www.nascar.com/2004/news/headlines/cup/09/28/bc.car.nascar.earnhardt.ap/index.html

*Rain*
September 29th, 2004, 04:37 PM
My mum goes to see a medium once a year. She always gets messages from family members on the other side and the information is always stuff that you simply couldn't guess at, accurate to dates and names too.

We have never tried getting info personally but I think going to a good, reputable medium is good idea. It would be really nice to contact them by myself but where that is not possible, why not get a helping hand?

Aelfoak
September 29th, 2004, 04:52 PM
Hiya, glad to see you back, big big hugs :hugz:

I saw a medium last November and she contacted my father, i asked him, through her, a question why he took his own life, he said to her that he did not like the world that he was living in and everything got too much for him, and he said thank you to me for letting him face up to what he did, the medium was really good and told me things about me and my father that were so right.

I will be honouring my father this Samhain and thinking of the memories that i had with him.

Sowelu
September 29th, 2004, 04:54 PM
I think one of the reasons I ask is because of my moms recent passing. The last time I spoke to her was probably over a month ago...not sure. We didn't have the best relationship and didn't speak often. So, yeah...there's a little guilt there. I keep wanting to hear her voice just one last time. I keep wanting to know for some reason that she is happy where she is, wherever her heaven may be.?.?.. I don't see myself trying to contact her (in the spirit world) without alot more knowledge on how to do so.

:ack:

Sowelu
September 29th, 2004, 04:57 PM
Hiya, glad to see you back, big big hugs :hugz:

I will be honouring my father this Samhain and thinking of the memories that i had with him.
:hugz: I will be doing the same for my mother!

*Rain*
September 29th, 2004, 04:59 PM
I think one of the reasons I ask is because of my moms recent passing. The last time I spoke to her was probably over a month ago...not sure. We didn't have the best relationship and didn't speak often. So, yeah...there's a little guilt there. I keep wanting to hear her voice just one last time. I keep wanting to know for some reason that she is happy where she is, wherever her heaven may be.?.?.. I don't see myself trying to contact her (in the spirit world) without alot more knowledge on how to do so.

:ack:
:hugz: You may find it helpful to see a medium, as it may put your mind at rest.

Aelfoak
September 29th, 2004, 05:02 PM
You mum will always be there with you Sowelu, and i strongely believe that is totally happy where she is resting now, and has nothing but complete love for you and she will want you to live your life as happy as you can.

Sowelu
September 29th, 2004, 05:03 PM
:hugz: You may find it helpful to see a medium, as it may put your mind at rest.
((((*Rain*)))) If I can find one out here, I will definately look in to it.:hugz:

*Rain*
September 29th, 2004, 05:09 PM
I'm not sure of your location and the people in it, but if you can try to get a personal recommendation from someone. That way you know you are going to someone genuine. Unfortunately there are a lot of con artists out there. If you know other people who would also like to see a medium, then try to get a group together. Then a medium may consider a 'home visit' and travel out to you.

It may sound daft but they tend to be advertised in the phone book, which will at least give you an idea if there is anyone local to you.

Lunacie
September 29th, 2004, 05:10 PM
I have a friend who can speak with those who have crossed the veil. She has spoken with my ex several times, and says he is trying to evolve, but he still blames me more often than taking responsibility himself. I felt some contact with him in the hours after his sudden death and at that time he was still rather shocked at what was happening to him, but he was very glad that he hadn't suffered for a long time or needed any more surgery. It was actually a relief to him.

Then recently I could sense him trying to get across to me and it was a good news/bad news kind of thing. The good news was that he still finds me attractive and desirable. The bad news is that sex is still his first thought, his last thought, and his main thought. Come on butthead, evolve!

Sowelu
September 29th, 2004, 05:21 PM
Come on butthead, evolve!
:lol:

Seren_
September 29th, 2004, 05:44 PM
Well, I have never aimed to contact a departed loved one personally, but there have been a few things that happened which make me wonder whether they contacted me, kind of thing.

Like after my Gran died, I would see someone at the bottom of the stairs (we moved into her house), dressed in a red sweater and black trousers and I'd start talking thinking it was my mum or my aunt (who also lived with us), but no one was there and there was a distinct smell of the brand of cigarettes my Gran used to smoke, along with her face cream. Later, I found out she'd been buried in the same clothes as I kept "seeing".

I remember dreaming of my Grandad the night before he died and it terrified me because he was sitting on a chair with a woman with white eyes standing behind him and then he vanished. Later I found out his mother was albino...I was only eight at the time he died, but maybe I'd picked it up on the fact that things were bad with my grandad, and and subconsciously remembered someone talking about my great-gran and it was a coincidence, I dunno.

I've participated in ouija boards, but it always struck me as funny how the supposed spirit was dyslexic, just like my then High Priestess...

But despite all that, at my first ever Samhain I decided to say a formal farewell to my grandad, the one who had passed some years before. I wasn't allowed to go to his funeral, or see him before he died, and even though I was only eight at the time he died, I was very close to him and was upset at the fact I couldn't say goodbye. At the Samhain ritual, I felt a real sense of release. It wasn't so much contact for me, but an acceptance, if you see what I mean, although I did feel something.

Sowelu, I'm so sorry for your loss. I hope whatever happens, you find the peace you need. And if you need any support, please feel free to ask.

Aelfoak
September 29th, 2004, 06:30 PM
I have looked on Google for a list of Mediums in the Oregon area and have found some at this website, i hope this helps.

http://phonebook.superpages.com/yellowpages/C-Psychics+%26+Mediums/S-OR/T-/

Teresa
September 29th, 2004, 07:04 PM
I have had contact with loved ones after they have passed.I have even moved several times and get visits to this day.

lovemy1dane
September 29th, 2004, 08:24 PM
When I was about 12, I had just got out of a children's home and was spending the night at my paternal grandmother's house and while I was lying in bed talking to her this man appeared in the corner. a very handsome man in an old WW2 uniform and he told me that he would always be with me, because my dad said I needed him with me more than he did. I looked at my grandma who started to cry(she heard the statement) and asked her who that man was and she said that was my grandpa Frank.(her DH) who died when my dad was 12. He always told her he would be there for my father. (he died of cancer and I had never seen any pictures of him except in the hospital) I still feel his presence to this day.
The same grandma always said I would know when she died because there would be a pot of her "famous oyster stew" on my stove. One night I dreamed about her coming to me and telling me she was happy and she loved me very much and "not to cry for this old bag of bones". I woke up and smelled oyster stew. I went to the kitchen and although it was not there physically, I could smell it so strong I could almost taste it. About 15 minutes later my Aunt called to tell me my grandma had passed in her sleep. I still smell her perfume around me alot and I swear she still talks to me, but that is probably because I know what she would say to anything that goes on.

Sowelu
October 1st, 2004, 12:42 PM
I have looked on Google for a list of Mediums in the Oregon area and have found some at this website, i hope this helps.

http://phonebook.superpages.com/yellowpages/C-Psychics+%26+Mediums/S-OR/T-/

Thank You:hugz:

Sowelu
October 1st, 2004, 12:43 PM
When I was about 12, I had just got out of a children's home and was spending the night at my paternal grandmother's house and while I was lying in bed talking to her this man appeared in the corner. a very handsome man in an old WW2 uniform and he told me that he would always be with me, because my dad said I needed him with me more than he did. I looked at my grandma who started to cry(she heard the statement) and asked her who that man was and she said that was my grandpa Frank.(her DH) who died when my dad was 12. He always told her he would be there for my father. (he died of cancer and I had never seen any pictures of him except in the hospital) I still feel his presence to this day.
The same grandma always said I would know when she died because there would be a pot of her "famous oyster stew" on my stove. One night I dreamed about her coming to me and telling me she was happy and she loved me very much and "not to cry for this old bag of bones". I woke up and smelled oyster stew. I went to the kitchen and although it was not there physically, I could smell it so strong I could almost taste it. About 15 minutes later my Aunt called to tell me my grandma had passed in her sleep. I still smell her perfume around me alot and I swear she still talks to me, but that is probably because I know what she would say to anything that goes on.
Very interesting encounters!:hugz:

Pesha
October 1st, 2004, 01:54 PM
I saw my first ghost at three years. And if I allow myself to open to a departed person, I can feel them. I once saw a freinds mum standing by him and was able to communicxate with her to him. It can be done!

BB
DS.

Mab
October 1st, 2004, 02:02 PM
actually, my SO got a phone call from his dearly departed Aunt a couple of months or so after she left this world. It was her birthday, and he had forgotten it. He left his cell phone on the seat in his car while he went to get his daughter from daycare. There was nothing near the phone, and the keygaurd was on. When he came out, there was a "missed call" message on his phone. He checked the number, and it was his departed Aunt's home phone # (the house had been sold & the number changed)......He immediately called his mom, and she reminded him that it was Vi's birthday.......he got all creeped out, but in a sort of good way.

midnightreflections
October 1st, 2004, 02:21 PM
I've contacted and been contacted by several people I've known -to me its just like they are alive but they arn't

I've had the missed call thing like Mab as well and a few other strange events but mainly they just drop by for a chat

CloakofStars9
October 1st, 2004, 02:23 PM

yes and it can be done

hope you are okay sweets :hugz: gimmie your email so we can keep in touch

Cielamara
October 4th, 2004, 09:18 PM

Have I contacted them? No. Have they contacted me? Yes. My friend Jennifer who died back in November has been in contact with me a number of times, via dreams. Once she even told me all the dreams she had been responsible for my having, and which ones were simply me wanting to see her again. I haven't seen her in quite some time, but I think she'll probably come back before Samhain, to say her final goodbyes.
I miss her...

Tobias
October 5th, 2004, 12:27 AM
Sowelu,

I have contacted the dead many many times over the past few years. I was just mentioning something about this in a post over in the "Paths" section under "Spiritualism", before I came over here and found this. In fact, I wasn't even aware that there was a "Paranormal" section to this board, nor am I too interested in that kind of stuff.

If you have or can find a Spiritualist church anywhere near you, they deal with this all the time (from what I understand). I think you would be pretty save in that enviroment from people trying to sham you. They have "Open Circle" meetings where anyone from the other side is welcome to speak through those who are able to hear them. They have many mediums who train to do this.

I believe your mother is more than willing to come through to help you deal with the issues you feel towards her. My wife's grandmother passed away last month, and we've been talking to her quite a bit and sorting things out that were left undone. I can see great value in being able to mend relationships and find closure after someone passes.

I've never had the ambition to be a medium or psychic or anything like that. I also don't feel to confident in my abilities, so I would recomend finding someone else. However, If you like I'm willing to do my best at communicating with your mom for you. I wouldn't offer normally, but I do feel like she is "here" and someone seems to have led me to you. (Oh, and she keeps telling me that I need to sound more confident in myself so that you will trust me ;) )

Anyway, PM me if there's anything I can do...

wounded_crow
October 5th, 2004, 02:17 PM
the only thing close to contacting the dead was the first time i did a deep meditation in Yoga.
The room was very dark, but my eyes (where closed) felt like they lit up, like if someone had turned on the lights. I saw loved ones that have passed and they all gathered around me and hugged me & told me they where proud of what I have done in life and how i'd become a man. I really don't know how long it lasted but when I woke up, I was lying on my back and a server storm had passed over the building. I didn't even hear it.

BluDreamer
October 5th, 2004, 05:06 PM

It depends if the spirit has crossed over yet or not. If the spirit is still able to contact our world and if so- all you have to do is think about your departed one. I was frequently visited by a good friend through dreams... so if I really wanted to see them- I thought of him before I fell asleep. I also asked for him to come to visit. If not in dreams, he'd ring the door bell really early in the morning. He was a close friend of my mom's- so she'd hear the bell, too. On several occassions. It wasn't like a real bell, either- because it was so early in the morn- and we were sleeping, it sounded almost like it was in our heads. But he used to come to visit alot when he was alive, so ringing the door bell was his "sign" for us.

misschief
October 5th, 2004, 05:08 PM
i've had loved ones come to me, but i've never searched and called on them... i just don't do that. but i have gotten to other people for various reasons, or even just out of curiosity... and i have to say, i don't recommend doing it just cuz you want to, it can get ugly and very scary.

Aleigh
October 9th, 2004, 12:59 PM
My grandmother died about 8 years ago from Leukemia. The night she died, my whole family went over there to "reminisce" with her, looking at old photo albums and such. She was supposedly doing better at that point, but I just knew she wanted us all to go there to say goodbye. I just couldn't do it, so I didn't go. I went rollerskating with my best friend instead, and kept crying for no reason. I went to bed when I got home and was laying there awake and just suddenly knew she was dead. I started crying. About 10 minutes later the phone rang and I heard my mom talking and then she came and knocked on my door and I was already getting dressed to go over there. It kind of freaked her out.

Anyway, because I didn't go over that night when she wanted me to, I felt a lot of guilt for a long time. Then when I was pregnant with my first son she started coming to me in my dreams. I would run away from her because I thought she was mad at me. Finally one night I just stopped running and faced her and she just smiled and gave me a big hug and said "It's about time you stop beating yourself up over that, isn't it?" Since then I dream about her a few times a year and she told me the sex of both my boys before I found out what they were. My oldest used to talk to her when he was "alone" in his room at night. Her name is Madeline and he would talk to "Maggie" (he couldn't say "d" right when he was 2).

I'm pretty sure that her mother (my great grandmother) is the one haunting my current house. I was only 8 or 9 months old when she died, so I don't remember her, but my mom said she adored me and was all excited about my first Christmas, but she died in early December that year. I've had a few dreams about her in this house, and each time the next day I would find something that I had been looking for everywhere and couldn't find. Usually sitting right in the middle of the living room floor. :)

So, I couldn't begin to initiate contact with them, but they both have contacted me, so I know it is possible.

Moriquenya
October 9th, 2004, 03:31 PM
I believe it can be done. I just haven't done it. Fortunately, I've only lost one dear to me (Grandfather) and I haven't felt the need to contact him. I don't feel like he's completely left me - even after 16 years! I feel his love and energy with me often.

Lady Avalon
October 9th, 2004, 11:50 PM
It can be done. I was talking to a friend on the phone one night. She mentioned her son. That's when he came through.

She was in tears as was her boyfriend.

Light_Faery7
October 10th, 2004, 03:12 PM
Yes it can be done, and I have experienced it so I am living proof. But I didn't intentionally try to contact someone who passed.I was around 4 or 5 and I saw my Dead Uncle who died in the Veitnam war and I never got to know him obviously, but I'd never seen his picture then and I didn't even know what he looked like.I didn't even know he had existed, nobody told me of such a person in my family.So when I was 12 I sat up in bed after seeing an odd glow float into the closet and the clothes hanging up moved aside and there stood a man with short brown hair and eyes and he was wearing a uniform (when I was young and I saw him I thought it was a police suit).I asked my Dad about it because I knew it wasn't from my Mother's side, I wasn't even sure if I should or at the time if it was even possible that someone knew him.My dad told me of my Uncle Ronnie who did die in the war and I described him and he was amazed on how I knew that so I told him what I saw.That when I was young I saw him watching my Father sleep, then he was watching me.My dad got my Grandma to send me a picture and it sits on a shelf in my living room today looking the same as I saw him.