PDA

View Full Version : Students Who Have Already Signed Up Please Read This and Respond.

SilverClaw
October 1st, 2004, 03:07 PM
Dear Students some of you have expressed that you have varying degrees of knowledge or have worked with Runes, so I would appreacite it if you answered the following questions:

1) How long have you worked with Runes?

2) If you made your Runes out of what materials have you made them?

3) In what aspect ahve you used Runes- divination yoga, etc

The reason I am asking is 1) it would helpe me tailor this class to the needs of the students and 2) I just may call on you to specifically help out with certain portions of the class so please be on your toes I may call on ya anytime :D

Thanks Bran

Tzhebee
October 1st, 2004, 03:22 PM
I haven't actually worked with them. Only read about them on various web-sights and the book Witches Runes.

Haven't made any yet, but was thinking about using apple wood and carving them (rather than paint or burn).

nada.

I'm just a wee little nothing when it comes to Runes. But terribly interested!

Wulf Stormhand
October 1st, 2004, 03:32 PM
1.) How long have you worked with Runes?
Well I've toyed around with the idea of trying Runes for about 2 years now, just haven't had the chance to take any courses

2.) If you made your Runes out of what materials have you made them?
Well, I've tried making a set out of sculpey, but they didn't come out as well as I liked, so I'm attempting to purchase a nice set of glass ones here on MW

3.) In what aspect ahve you used Runes- divination yoga, etc
So far thanks to a little research, I've learned to read and write in the Elder Futhark, but would love to learn a few more of the magickal aspects, such as divination, and healing (I'm diabetic, and would love to have one more resource to assist me with it...)

Brightest Blessings,
Wulf Stormhand

Earthy
October 1st, 2004, 03:35 PM
Dear Students some of you have expressed that you have varying degrees of knowledge or have worked with Runes, so I would appreacite it if you answered the following questions:

Thanks Bran

1. I have never worked with them as such.

2. Mine were bought.Made from different crystals,though would love to make some from oak.

3. Only used them as a daily rune,and then not frequently.
My experience of them is zilch!!

xblue420x
October 1st, 2004, 04:58 PM
for me, i havent worked with them, made them, or used them heh im utterly lost :goodgrief

piglet
October 1st, 2004, 06:00 PM
i have never worked with runes before. i have thought about making runes with wood or with clay (is that a good idea, would they be too fragile?)

-piglet

Bix
October 1st, 2004, 06:21 PM
[QUOTE=Bran Iolair]Dear Students some of you have expressed that you have varying degrees of knowledge or have worked with Runes, so I would appreacite it if you answered the following questions:

I haven't worked with them and I don't have any. Guess we're all pretty ignorant here. ^.^

faerieridingdragons
October 1st, 2004, 07:38 PM
I've never worked with them,and only received my first set this week{handmade of purple clay for me by Gaia21}.

Tzhebee
October 1st, 2004, 07:47 PM
:lol:
I'm thinking Bran's going to have a harder time than she thought!

SilverClaw
October 1st, 2004, 08:54 PM
Actually Piglet we will discuss that when the time comes ok:D

And Tzhebee:D Oh we will see about that :D

Raven Reed
October 2nd, 2004, 06:11 AM

The reason I am asking is 1) it would helpe me tailor this class to the needs of the students and 2) I just may call on you to specifically help out with certain portions of the class so please be on your toes I may call on ya anytime :D

Thanks Bran

1- I have been working on/off about a year.
2-I made a set of tiled runes in ceramics class.
3-Strictly divination so far.

CajunLady
October 2nd, 2004, 12:22 PM
1) How long have you worked with Runes? I haven't worked with them yet because I am unsure of how to do it.

2) If you made your Runes out of what materials have you made them? I made my own runes out of a fallen willow branch that I cut then burned the symbols on. Each rune is smaller than a dime!

3) In what aspect have you used Runes- divination yoga, etc Haven't used yet!!

mothwench
October 2nd, 2004, 01:11 PM
:dancy:

i've been studying them on and off (i have rune phases. :rolleyes: ) for two years. :smile:

wood (sliced stick) from a yew tree

divination, bindrunes & runecharms, meditation.

edited to add: actually, not so much divination. more meditation and charms, really.

Verthandi
October 2nd, 2004, 01:15 PM
Probably about three years now.

Glass--the glass pebbles you can get for aquariums.

3) In what aspect have you used Runes- divination yoga, etc
Divination

Clockwork_Eros
October 2nd, 2004, 01:45 PM
I have been working with runes since I borrowed a set of my grandfathers (he had them because he enjoys the history of vikings which is part of our family history.) and fell in love with them. I think I was in fifth grade then, so about seven years ago I started. I have been working with them intensively for about four years. I've studied them, from the first Ralph Blum book, to the trio by Edred Thorsson. I know bits of the arts of the Vitki, and the divinatory practices. I have used my own divination ideas, and those of others. I have meditated on each rune to get my own understanding of them. I have followed the ideas of the energy flow between runes and the physical world. I have studied, alhough briefly, runic lore and history. I have various techniques to create them, from the traditional blood inks, to woodburning and painting. I know the old inking devices, and the supposed process. I know, to an extent, bindrunes and thier usage, as well as a few rules to their creation, and the ways different runes interact. I have been working on what it means to give a talisman its fate, and toying with the idea of making my own runes-for all I know, I have only had a bag of storebought runes. I know basic runic postions of the yoga (Stadhagaldr is what it is called, yes?)

I want to make them, but I rarelyhave the time I need to devote to it. For me, the creation of runes is an intense process, and I think I would only be able to create one per day, spending about three hours on crafting. I simply do not have a month of sundays. Someday though.

I'd be glad to help if you need anything, and would love to learn anything you can teach.

Edit: I know the basic galdr for each rune. Or at least I did. I'm a little rusty on it as my intonation voice isn't that grand, and I can't sing 8O But I'm sure I have it somewhere. I've also been playing around with the idea of blending the runes, their galdrs (physical and vocal), and the idea of sonics together. (like matrix sonics, vibrations that affect different levels of conciousness and being)

DragonRose
October 2nd, 2004, 08:39 PM
Originally Posted by Bran Iolair

1) How long have you worked with Runes? off and on for 3 yrs with the aid and help, of a dear friend.

2) If you made your Runes out of what materials have you made them? I made mine from polymer clay, with blended in herbs, and inlayed gold wire for runes symbols.

3) In what aspect ahve you used Runes- divination yoga, etc, personal use. charms.

The reason I am asking is 1) it would helpe me tailor this class to the needs of the students and 2) I just may call on you to specifically help out with certain portions of the class so please be on your toes I may call on ya anytime

Thanks Bran

SilverClaw
October 3rd, 2004, 12:23 AM
Yahoo I found my assistants :D More about that later hehehe _twohorns_

tygherrayn
October 3rd, 2004, 02:05 AM
1) How long have you worked with Runes?: I have only studied them in passing, really.

2) If you made your Runes out of what materials have you made them?: I once made a set out of glass pebbles, but I would really like to make some using small polished stones or disks of wood.

3) In what aspect have you used Runes- divination yoga, etc: Only divination and inscribing in candles.

enchancea
October 3rd, 2004, 03:52 AM

1) I havent worked with runes, only read up on them in books and websites

2) N/a

3) N/a

Shatril
October 3rd, 2004, 05:50 PM
1) How long have you worked with Runes? O years

2) If you made your Runes out of what materials have you made them? No runes yet. I have been collecting different types of wood for this, and am glad this class is starting.

3) In what aspect ahve you used Runes- divination yoga, etc no experience

halfwaynowhere
October 3rd, 2004, 08:11 PM
Well, I haven't really gotten around to working with them. I have been expirimenting with them for several years now, but i never really got the hang of it.
I use my mothers, and she bought them.
I tried using them for divination.

Know Your Rights
October 3rd, 2004, 09:00 PM
Newbie!

Have none...

Again... newbie!

emmunite
October 3rd, 2004, 09:24 PM
[QUOTE=Bran Iolair]Dear Students some of you have expressed that you have varying degrees of knowledge or have worked with Runes, so I would appreacite it if you answered the following questions:

off and on for 10 years

I've never made my own...I've got a set of gemstone ones and another set of clay ones that I can't seem to find

Divination

pixidust
October 3rd, 2004, 09:39 PM
i haven't really worked with them at all

I had made some a while back out of weathered rocks from the beach

Divination

silvaraven
October 4th, 2004, 12:03 AM
1. How long have you worked with Runes?
I haven't worked with them-but I'm willing to learn
2. If you made your Runes out of what materials have you made them?
Just bought clay to make a set and also have a set that I bought.
3. In what aspect have you used Runes-decination, yoga, ect.
So far nothing
Brightest Blessings,
SilvaRaven

mucgwyrt
October 4th, 2004, 05:31 AM

Thanks Bran

1) 6 months (or so)
2) Mugwort wrapped in red earthen clay. In the process (long and drawn out) of making some wooden ones, but dont really have the equipment...
3) Divination, magic, charms (both physical and visualised), meditation, healing, bindrunes (with moth's muchly appreciated assistance :D )... all very successfully :)

FYI, I use the anglo-saxon fužorc, and would love if you could cover the 5 anglo-saxon runes too _wiz_

tygherrayn
October 4th, 2004, 10:27 AM
I have a Runes book and a set of blue glass runes for sale.
Ad Here. (http://www.mysticwicks.com/showpost.php?p=1276942&postcount=2)

If anyone's interested, let me know. :)

semi
October 4th, 2004, 01:43 PM
I just signed up for this class a couple minutes ago so I don't think I'm officially in yet but I will post here as if I'm in the class until I am officially thrown out.

I have never worked with runes. I have never made runes. I am a rune virgin. Be gentle.

silverstard
October 4th, 2004, 01:49 PM
hihi~

I have been interested in Runes since I was 10, but I still do not have a set. I haven't actively studied them either.

Looking forward to the class!

Kern
October 5th, 2004, 05:52 PM
Never Have

torrentoftears
October 5th, 2004, 10:18 PM

1) How long have you worked with Runes? I have never worked with them...:fpeek:

2) If you made your Runes out of what materials have you made them? I haven't :ack:

3) In what aspect ahve you used Runes- divination yoga, etc No runes for Heike.

Thanks Bran Yay for runes class!

Faeawyn
October 7th, 2004, 09:34 AM
I haven't as of yet.

I've made them for others, and I used clay.

See #1 :D

Lunacie
October 7th, 2004, 09:50 AM

Thanks Bran
1) I've worked with Runes for about five years, first with the Aquarian Rune system and over the last year with the Elder Futhark system.

2) I've made three sets of runes for myself (and several sets as gifts for others). The first set was small pieces of polished hematite with the runes written in silver ink and sealed. A lovely set, but some questors said the runes "burned" them when they drew some from the bag, so I made a set from polished black river rocks, again with the runes written in silver ink and sealed. This is a very large and unweildy set. So I recently made a third set out of large round glass "stones" from the dollar store. I would really like to learn how to etch the runes into my stones if anyone can give me some tips on that?

3) I've mostly used the runes for divination, but also for protection and healing and prosperity. A friend made me a set of three from wood that I have strung on a cord and wear around my neck pretty often.

crystal autumnwind
October 10th, 2004, 06:54 PM

I haven't actually worked with them, but I have read a couple of books. This class has started around the same time I discovered some of my ancestors were Norse vikings who landed in Scotland. And since I've always felt more drawn to the runes, as opposed to tarot, scrying, etc., I'm taking it as a sign that I need to start learning more!

I made a set out of clay a few years ago, but they were destroyed during a cross-country move. I plan on making another set out of wood, as soon as I can find a suitable branch.

I would like to learn all the different ways to use them.

LadyTrinity
October 10th, 2004, 07:02 PM
I have worked with runes for about 5 years now. I do not use them frequently and have recently given mine away to a MW member because I do not have much interest in them.

I've never made my own. I bought mine on Ebay. They look almost marble and they have deep inscriptions on them.

I've used runes to fortell my weekly future. However its not always what I wanted to hear :lol:

SilverClaw
October 10th, 2004, 07:31 PM
I've used runes to fortell my weekly future. However its not always what I wanted to hear I have done it for the monthly future/horoscope thing. And yeah sometimes it is not what we want to hear is it, :D

DragonMystic
October 10th, 2004, 10:47 PM
never used them, i have heard of them. but thats about all i know of them.

SilverClaw
October 10th, 2004, 11:02 PM
DragonMystic well I hope you have fun in the class and hope that you find it helpful to you.

Rua
October 12th, 2004, 07:36 PM
1) How long have you worked with Runes? I havnt really yet

2) If you made your Runes out of what materials have you made them? I make them out of river rocks and stone you can buy at the store and then i just paint on them

3) In what aspect have you used Runes- divination yoga, etc.: I havnt yet

SilverClaw
October 12th, 2004, 08:02 PM
Rua make sure you read Lesson 1 we are just starting Lesson two ok?

Rua
October 12th, 2004, 11:50 PM
Rua make sure you read Lesson 1 we are just starting Lesson two ok?

ok i will, thanks

SilverClaw
October 13th, 2004, 11:04 AM
Awesome talk to you soon then :)

Shanti
October 17th, 2004, 11:24 PM
About 10 yrs.

I made runes from granit and wood, pine.

I write in runes often. I use Runes for divination occasionally.

SilverClaw
October 18th, 2004, 10:29 AM
Shanti how do you make your runes out of granit ?

Shanti
October 18th, 2004, 12:19 PM
Shanti how do you make your runes out of granit ?
Granite is popular in Southern WI! The shoulder of our highway is granite rocks and the railroad tracks are all granite rocked. Around my area, you can just walk around and find red and grey granite rocks. I just went looking for small pieces that I could paint(non-toxic water based paint) runes on!

SilverClaw
October 18th, 2004, 01:31 PM
Oh cool was not sure if you were engraving them or not, Oh those sure would be pretty though.

~Anamorata~
October 27th, 2004, 11:04 PM
Only worked with them once...

Had a set made of moonstone

nada
Hoping to learn how to use them properly.

Wolfscout1
November 4th, 2004, 03:08 PM
Bran just gave me the go ahead.
I've already read all the posts here . hehe

1) How long have you worked with Runes? I have not yet, just finished making my set for the Trad i'm in.

2) If you made your Runes out of what materials have you made them? I went unorthodox and made mine out of Olive seashells. pic to be posted.

3) In what aspect have you used Runes ? have not yet. But i've cleansed and purified them already.

SilverClaw
November 4th, 2004, 03:32 PM
If you made your Runes out of what materials have you made them? I went unorthodox and made mine out of Olive seashells. pic to be posted Actually that is not as unorthodox as you may think.