PDA

View Full Version : How about some tunes...

mol
March 1st, 2001, 11:38 PM
Right now....listening to some Godsmack...feeling like smacking someone around...hehe...I felt like getting some more music talk going.

And a poll... but more than that.

Everyone! What is the piece of music you listened to. Right now...what is it.

Oh, and take the poll. For fun.

Niamh
March 1st, 2001, 11:51 PM
Thanks for this one, Mol, I love music! :heartthro
Right now I'm listening to a lot of dance and techno. I read a few weeks ago that it puts you in a good mood, elevates heart rate, etc. SO I threw some on and it hasn't come off since!
But... big fan of new age, especially Enigma. They're awesome.
I love rock... I'll listen to just about anything but rap and country. Don't suit my tastes.

BrightStar
March 2nd, 2001, 04:44 AM
Hi all!
Right now?I have Louis Armstrong on doing West End Blues from 1928,the man could jam.Next up will be The Bloodletting by Concrete Blonde(Got the ways and means,to New orleans,goin' down by the river where it's warm and green).So I'm as eclectic in my musical tastes as I am as a Witch.I like anything but country,just can't deal with that,which can be hard,living in Oklahoma.I guess mainly I listen to alternative/progressive music.
Peace and Love
Rain BrightStar

Yvonne Belisle
March 2nd, 2001, 09:20 AM
Naillosotarrain and I listen to everything! We both love music. My favorite type is parodies! I love them I got hooked on Allen Sherman as a kid and have been addicted ever since. Naillosotarrain's favorite type of music depends on his mood. I don't know if any of you remember Allen Sherman he did Hello Muddah, Hello Faddah.

Tigerwallah
March 2nd, 2001, 10:00 AM
I love African and Peruvian tribal music. Arfrican music has wonderful rythm, and Peruvian Pan Flute has gorgeous harmony. I don't really like listening to music with words, or at least words I understand (Stevie Nicks being one of the few exceptions). I find other peoples thoughts to be both distracting and a little too brain washing. Once I caught myself humming an Elvis tune - Love me tender. I was going with it. I started contemplating my boyfriend (at the time) as being a greater presence in my life than he was. Then I realized that "All my dreams fulfill" was something I was singing. I snapped out of it immediately, and found myself a little angry that I had let that nonsense enter my mind. I knew full well that my goddess and I were the only ones capable of fulfilling my dreams. Since then, I find myself gravatating towards, tribal, Music of India, Louis Armstrong - his songs are mostly wonderful nonsense, and Italian Opera - I don't know a word of Italian.

Kaylara
March 2nd, 2001, 10:22 AM
I honestly like anything but country and rap. (and I can handle country) Love tribal music, trance, new age, rock, hard rock, classical, 80's rock, etc, etc, etc...
Kaylara

Lady Tana
March 2nd, 2001, 10:47 AM
at this second I am listening to Nine Inch Nails and getting ready for work.. gets me in the best mood to deal with those oh so lovely customers first thing in the morning :)

Kaylara
March 2nd, 2001, 10:49 AM
I'm at work, listening to my Celtic Moods cd on my computer! It keeps me relaxed in spite of those oh so lovely customers! ;)

Kaylara

(Except for the Gaelic Reels song, that one makes me want to get up and do a little jig)

Armitage
March 2nd, 2001, 01:57 PM
Hmm...Usually it's some sort of industrial or heavy-ish music, but right now it's Joni Mitchell, Dido, Tori Amos and Povi. (My Winamp playlist right now.) Go figure.

Witchbourne
March 2nd, 2001, 03:34 PM
Well i kind of like most of what you sugested...but i love Gothic music the most.....bands like Type O Negative and HIM....but my absolut favorit is King Diamond and Mercyful Fate.....

Blessed be*

Kaylara
March 2nd, 2001, 03:36 PM
King Diamond is Great :)!

Kaylara

Witchbourne
March 2nd, 2001, 03:40 PM
King Diamond is Great !

Kaylara
Great that we like the same kind of music....

Blessed be*

Kaylara
March 2nd, 2001, 03:45 PM
Have you ever heard of Voltaire? He is considered the "Goth father" by many people in my area. He writes comic books, has a band, and does animation (Kinda like the Nightmare before Christmas) His series Chi-Chian was shown on the Sci-fi channel for a while.

If you haven't heard him, I really recommend him. You can hear some of his stuff at MP3.com/ When your evil is his most famous song.

Kaylara

Armitage
March 2nd, 2001, 03:49 PM
Friend of mine loves him...Most of what I've heard from him sounds like almost a parody.

Witchbourne
March 2nd, 2001, 03:54 PM
Have you ever heard of Voltaire? He is considered the "Goth father" by many people in my area. He writes comic books, has a band, and does animation (Kinda like the Nightmare before Christmas) His series Chi-Chian was shown on the Sci-fi channel for a while.

If you haven't heard him, I really recommend him. You can hear some of his stuff at MP3.com/ When your evil is his most famous song.

Kaylara
No i have never heard of Voltaire....but merci*...i will go and listen to some tunes of him...i will look for the tune "When your evil"....

Ah...listen to this song...you will love it....

the songs name "Wishmaster"
the band "Nightwish"

this is the only good song i heard from this band..but it's really good**

Blessed be*

belladonna23
March 2nd, 2001, 03:55 PM
Right this very second I am listening to the (ancient- it's on vinyl!!) album "All Rise" by Naked Raygun. I like punk, ska, metal, new wave, 80's, prog, techo, New Age. I dislike country, and I hate rap (except Beastie Boys).

Witchbourne
March 2nd, 2001, 04:33 PM
I have now listen to the song "When your evil" by Voltaire....and i liked it...that violin with the old sound and fun evil lyrics...i really liked it......merci*

Blessed be*

Shatav
March 2nd, 2001, 05:17 PM
I'm a Goth and Industrial type gal...still. Hard to quit bad habits. Heh. ;)

morticia2259
March 2nd, 2001, 05:31 PM
Hi to all. I guess my favorite music is Gothic......a band calle "My Dying Bride" is my fav. Also Paradise Lost. I also like a lot of the New Age and also Classical.......Bach and Beethoven..(which are very dark and gothy).

Merry Part

eaglewolf
March 2nd, 2001, 06:18 PM
I Love Country! Love the music, love the lyrics, love the message... LOVE IT!

:p

~ew

mol
March 2nd, 2001, 06:20 PM
Originally posted by eaglewolf
I Love Country! Love the music, love the lyrics, love the message... LOVE IT!

~ew

Anything to get something started, eh ew?

:bigredgrin:

mol
March 2nd, 2001, 06:21 PM
I am one of the people who loves it all...

I am pretty picky about rap music...but other than that I do love it all...

eaglewolf
March 2nd, 2001, 06:26 PM
I Love Rap! Love the music, love the lyrics, love the message... LOVE IT!

~ew

Lady Tana
March 2nd, 2001, 08:36 PM
youre just in the mood arent cha???

*LMAO*

eaglewolf
March 2nd, 2001, 08:46 PM
Originally posted by Lady Tana
youre just in the mood arent cha???
Always ;)

~ew

gunner
March 2nd, 2001, 10:55 PM
english, irish and scots folk music and songs, bagpipe music, (yes, it is music!!) and "filk music" the folk music of science fiction. think that might be "cold and mechanical"? try "queen of air and darkness", "threes" or "minus ten and counting" or "shanna golden". b.b.
"gunner"

Niamh
March 5th, 2001, 04:12 PM
My husband has been playing a lot of '80's new wave the past few days. Been getting into that big time!

richardcranium
March 5th, 2001, 06:22 PM
I love his music

atlantis
March 8th, 2001, 06:21 PM
I love RnB , hippop/rap, blues and soul music

Silverwitch
March 8th, 2001, 09:09 PM
I like all types of music, it just depends on what mood I'm in - so it's pretty changeable!

Right now I'm listening to Travis, and taking a trip down memory lane. I went to my first ever Glastonbury Music Festival last year, and was blown away for five days. The high point was being one of thousands, leaping up and down to Travis singing "Why does it always rain on me", and believe me, the earth actually moved!

Will probably follow Travis, with a bit of Coldplay to mellow out, going onto Beethovens Pastoral Suite, and finishing up with Stonehenge by Runestones zzzzzzzz and so to bed.

I'm seeing Carolyn Hillyer, whose playing live at our Conference tomorrow and I'm really looking forward to it. Anyone else know Carolyns work? BB Silverwitch

Ozymandias
March 19th, 2001, 02:33 AM
All forms of music have good and bad. I'm still a metal boy at heart but there is nothing more beautiful than music like Celtic Moods.

For all goth or Type O Neg. fans try 69eyes that was TypeO Neg.'s first name.

Kaylara
March 19th, 2001, 04:13 PM
Listen to Celtic Moods all the time! Great album!!! Heroine by Sinead O'Connor is absolutely beautiful...

Kaylara

random
March 19th, 2001, 05:07 PM
I like a WIDE variety of music. Mainly rock. From soft classic rock to Death Metal.
little bit ago i was listening to Dave Mathews Band. but here's a list of most of the bands I like. i probably left alot of good ones out. But i like to find fresh blood most of the time cause no one has ever heard of them.. check out http://www.antimtv.com for a bunch of fresh blood at totally kick ass bands! But i dispise the recent unrising opf pop. rock is going to have to get way louder to overthrow.

The Union Underground
Nirvana
Greenday
3 Doors Down
Godsmack
Disturbed
Defaser
Pearl Jam
Spine Shank
KoRn
Slipknot
Cypress hill
type O negative
rage against the machine
radiohead
guns n' roses
everclear
alien ant farm
ac/dc
life house
eminem
corrosion of comformities
twiztid
sugar ray
blink 182
foo fighters
insane clown posse
limp bizkit
van halen
smashing pumpkins (too bad they broke)
sublime
bUSH
metalica
slayer
nine inch nails
smashmouth
alice in chains
cradle of filth
dido
marilyn manson
rob zombie
aerosmith
creed
collective soul
candlebox
dragon fire
barenaked ladies
fuel
.click.
papa roach
scrape
nonpoint
factory 81
black crows
counting crows
matchbox 20
incubous
evan and jaron
verticle horizon
a perfect circle
red hot chili peppers
third eye blind
primus
kid rock
pantera
sound garden
santana
killing heidi (cd comming out in da states tomarrow!)
savage garden
oxxy osbourne
efiiel 65
dave mathews band
ace of base
the president of the united states ('peaches!')
lit
the offspring
no doubt
u2
godhead
shaggy
kitty
nelly
cold
the doors
system of the down
lincoln park
orgy
lenny kravitz
crazy town
sting
semisonic
nothing face
goo goo dolls
sex pistols
black sabbath
deftones
live track
jars of clay
crash down

i also like classical, irish, and celtic. but those are just osme of the badns i like there is a never ending list! i cant stand country, sorry, but i cant. that list was a bit long...

Dextra
March 19th, 2001, 05:11 PM
Now that's what I call a list!

Earth Walker
March 19th, 2001, 07:40 PM
Buddy Holly...Big Bopper...Ritchie Valens...Bill Haley...
Jackie DeShannon...Gale Garnett...Gogi Grant...
Dusty Springfield...Dory Previn...Dakota Staton...
Billie Holliday...Josephine Baker....Ma Rainey...Bessie
Smith...Little Richard...Leslie Gore...Jim Reeves...
Patsy Cline...and many more.:cool: :cool: :cool:

Wyrdsister
March 20th, 2001, 10:53 AM
Maybe it's because I just watched High Fidelity a few weekends ago, but I'm in the mood for music polls.

What am I listening to right now? Well, I'd tell you, but my new toy - the MiniJam MP3 player for the Handspring Visor - just destroyed my Visor so bad that I can't even reset the thing!! GRRRRRR!!! Time to call technical support I think.

My apologies to the non-technogeeks here. That was just a technogeek whine you just read. Ahem...

Anyway, here's the playlist that I want to be listening to...

Oh, and I can't even access that!! WHAAAAAAAAAAAAH!

I'll have to come back and tell you later. *whimper*

Wyrdsister
whiny technogeek

... this is what happens when geeks break their toys ...

Wyrdsister
March 20th, 2001, 04:07 PM
Originally posted by Wyrdsister
What am I listening to right now? Well, I'd tell you, but my new toy - the MiniJam MP3 player for the Handspring Visor - just destroyed my Visor so bad that I can't even reset the thing!! GRRRRRR!!! Time to call technical support I think.
[/B]
And here I am quoting myself! ;) I've managed to fix my Visor without tech support! Wow, can I ever hear you all cheer. :p Hehehe...

Okay, my current play list:

Everything you want - Vertical Horizon
Any Sense of Time - Inbreds
The Dolphin's Cry - Live (reeeeally stupid song title, but the lyrics are amazing)
Only When I Lose Myself - Depeche Mode
Porcelain - Moby
Your Love Takes Me Higher - Sonique
Confusion (Pump Panel Reconstruction Mix) - New Order
Sex (I'm a) - Berlin
If I Ever - Red Flagg
Stripped - Depeche Mode
Release - The Tea Party
I Quit - Hepburn
Hello Kitty - Cub
Heaven's Coming Down - The Tea Party
Outside - Aaron Lewis + Fred Durst
How Soon is Now - The Smiths
Strangelove - Depeche Mode
Crazy - Seal
Torch - Sisters of Mercy

Nothing too obscure to brag about, unfortunately. 8O

So, my question out of curiousity to all of you is - can you figure out what mood I'm in?

Wyrdsister
*taunt*taunt*

random
March 20th, 2001, 07:33 PM
Originally posted by Dextra
Now that's what I call a list!

lol.. its only about half.

SilentStarWolf
October 8th, 2003, 11:24 AM
I like pretty much everything except Country, Rap, and Christian music. I obsessively listen to Pink Floyd and I like mellow acousticy stuff and well as louder stuff, just depends on my mood. :)

Old Witch
October 8th, 2003, 11:26 AM
Naillosotarrain and I listen to everything! We both love music. My favorite type is parodies! I love them I got hooked on Allen Sherman as a kid and have been addicted ever since. Naillosotarrain's favorite type of music depends on his mood. I don't know if any of you remember Allen Sherman he did Hello Muddah, Hello Faddah.Camp is very entertaining, and they say we'll have some fun if it stops raining!

Forgot to post everything else.....I like New Age stuff........On our digital cable music channels we listen to Soundscapes, I have Ken loving it now.........but I'm really eclectic in my music preferences.........Ken and I took the top off the Jeep on Monday and went for a ride in the country up to the lake.......We played Jimmy Buffet and the Manhattan Transfer on the CD player......Kenny has a great system in the Jeep..........

Felidae
October 8th, 2003, 11:34 AM
Still childish enough to have picked Metal, but I like lots of other things too.

wickedlizard
October 8th, 2003, 11:37 AM
i am an avid fan of music and am quite THERE with all types of music. if it sounds good its good. It also depends on my moods too.

types of music im not too thrilled with, although sometimes i enjoy it.
Heavy Metal, Rap, Country and Western.

I do like some heavy metal, some rap and some country, but im extremely picky on that.

Tammy Sullivan
October 8th, 2003, 11:37 AM
I am the only one who picked Jazz.....is there no one from nawlins here?

EmilyFair
October 8th, 2003, 12:12 PM
~golden years~

~david bowie~

oh yes

~em

Pesha
October 8th, 2003, 12:17 PM
I had to put everything as I tend to like it all. I'm a little bit country and a little bit rock and roll.........forgive me could not resist that one. lol.

BB
DS.

jennymac
October 8th, 2003, 12:28 PM
I love all kinds of music. It really depends on my mood. Right now the cd of choice is Alice Cooper.

Flaire-FireStar
October 8th, 2003, 02:05 PM
Something you missed:

Goth Rock
Darkwave
Ambience
Electronic

(okay, so they're subgenres of "Alternative" ) :rollingla
But right now I can't listen to anything because my sound is messed! :wah2:

CelestiaSynth
October 8th, 2003, 02:57 PM
I love all types music. As long as it sounds good to me, I'm not that picky with what genre it may or may not be. I suppose I listen to alternative rock ( No Doubt, Incubus, RHCP, RATM, QOTSA ) and the lesser-commericialized hip-hop ( Jurassic 5, The Roots ) more than anything else.

Traz Heart
October 8th, 2003, 04:51 PM
I honestly like anything but country and rap. (and I can handle country) Love tribal music, trance, new age, rock, hard rock, classical, 80's rock, etc, etc, etc...
Kaylara

Gothic,Industrial,Metal,Punk,Ska,Soundtracks,Opera,Classical,New age,80's,Oldies,Swing,Comedy,
and much much more...

Pretty much anthing except country,crappy pop music,rap,and american idol crap.

I do like old school rap when it was rhyming instead of rapping

Ceallach
October 8th, 2003, 05:42 PM
:shhhh: I'm listening to Yanni right now. I know, I know. I get so picked on for that. But if you were to open my CD player right now you would find the following:

Yanni
Chicago's Greatest Hits
Godsmack
Evanesence
Celtic Moods

I like a little of everything.

serenarian
October 8th, 2003, 06:05 PM
Right now I'm listening to Live, but after this CD finishes it will be Suzanne Vega and then Hall and Oates. :D I'm in a mellow mood.

Crystal_Raye
October 8th, 2003, 06:50 PM
Jazz, Pop, Rock, New Age I love it all. Except for maybe rap.

SylverStar
October 8th, 2003, 06:56 PM
I'm kinda weird my fav. music is Girl rock. I don't really know what the genre's called. I like artists like K's Coice, Tori Amos, Poe, Fiona Apple to name a few.

nomadicdragon
October 8th, 2003, 07:52 PM
I couldn't choose, I like everything just depends on my mood. Today it's evanesence

Darkstaff
October 8th, 2003, 09:35 PM
Definitely Electronica! And 80's Post modern! I was post modern before "Shiny Happy People"!

Hawk Shadowsoul
October 8th, 2003, 10:00 PM
Lynyrd Skinnard

materra
October 8th, 2003, 10:29 PM
Something you missed, Ambient, Electronic, occationally some so called New Age...occationally trance, world music. Last three albums I listened to? Emigma, Autobonn, and Steve Roach.

CajunLady
October 8th, 2003, 10:53 PM
right now, I'm listening to the tv. But I love to listen to all kinds of music--GOdsmack, Aerosmith, Saliva, Trust COmpany, Distrurbed, Jimi Hendrix, Janis Joplin, Zepplin, The Doors, The Ataris, AFi, 80s hair bands, Enya, Sting and lots more. One question, why do they refer to it as 80s hair bands now?

WynterWynd
October 8th, 2003, 10:58 PM
I listen to everything!!! Right now its Yo-Yo Ma!

gunner
October 8th, 2003, 11:18 PM
the artist is meg davis and the company is, i think "off centaur productions", now defunct. i think you might find the tune on kazar under "filk music"

"elf glade"
Yes they're real (no they can't be)
Yes they are, I've seen them walking
Out beyond the wooded garden, through the town, and through the valley

Yes they are -- you are not hearing
For I say I've seen them drinking in the tavern of the moon

Chorus: Steel and mail and gilded crossbow
Feather of the ancient windbird
Wide as wonder, tall as starlight
Lords of earth and lords of fire
Life the love that they desire

Come with me, and see what might be
(I'm afraid!) O you are childish
Nothing kills that does not know ye

Come ye now (no I fear thee)
Did I say that I would lead thee?
(We have walked too far this night out beyond the firelight!)
Come with me, for I will take ye
Dancing now with all my brothers
I am real and like the others

Yes they're real -- "no," you told me
"Yes," I said, "you should believe me"
Now we have you, wrapped in darkness
Now we keep you, never leaving
Trade your life for not believing

(Chorus)

and now you know what i like for music.

amathera
October 9th, 2003, 12:39 AM
Bluegrass and folk are great. The Dead are too. But you can't beat classic rock.

DanuMoonrunner
October 9th, 2003, 12:40 AM
The only thing I won't listen to is (c)Rap!

anise
October 9th, 2003, 12:49 AM
I voted something you missed... rockabilly, punk and 50's rock 'n' roll top my favourites list.

Jazz and swing both come in at a close second.

Lucid
October 9th, 2003, 02:26 AM
I listen to everything I tend to like older stuff. Just listened to Panic by the smiths.

Hoot
October 9th, 2003, 03:22 AM
What is the piece of music you listened to. Right now...what is it.

Miles Davis - Bitches Brew

jenn
October 9th, 2003, 03:22 PM
At this second its H by TOOL

WingedTigerChild
October 10th, 2003, 09:22 PM
But you can't beat classic rock.
True that! ;)

menolly
October 17th, 2003, 09:03 AM
I'm definately a rocker through and through :smoke: , but I'll listen to a bit of everything... (Apart from dance music and pop)

shadowfox
October 22nd, 2003, 09:31 AM
rob zombie and powerman 5000 are my favorite

DragonLove
October 22nd, 2003, 09:51 AM
I like all kinds of music (pop, rock, folk etc) but you dont have reggae on the list : (

Raven7
November 1st, 2003, 05:43 PM
I listen to everything from Elton John to Murder Dolls to Godsmack to Cream and so on. LOL I've been a music junkie all my life.....the only types I DONT listen to is country and classical...

Got any suggestions I'd be happy to check new stuff out
Rave

gyroWang
November 1st, 2003, 07:33 PM
Listen to different stuff but mostly rock, esp industrial. I even used to write industrial music before i'd heard any!

Mau
November 4th, 2003, 02:45 AM
I love all things Rock.
Pink Floyd
The Doors
Led Zep
Allman Bros
Dire Straits
BOC
Sabbath
The Cars
The Ramones
Black Flagg
Sex Pistols
GWAR
Metallica
Megadeath
Iron Maiden
Staind
Limp Bizkit
Korn
White Zombie
Rob Zombie
Pearl Jam
STP
Nine Inch Nails
The Clarks
INXS
Depeche Mode
Foo Fighters
Sum 21
Blink 182
Trapt
Weezer
The Clash
Janis Joplin
Van Morrison
Fuel
Filter
Chevelle
And SO many more it's not even funny..LOL

On the lighter side, i LOVE Sarah MaClaughlan's voice, Journey, Dean Martin, Perry Como, Tony Bennet, Sinatra, and LOTS more there too.
:D

Memnoch McKiln
November 6th, 2003, 12:45 PM
I listen to everything and anything...except Eminem, Usher, or Missy Elliot...I have this deep deep inner hatred for Eminem. but at this exact moment, I'm listening to "InterstateLoveSong" by Stone Temple Pilots

beachdrifta
November 21st, 2003, 03:09 AM
i like a lot of different types of music hehe :)
punk (not this nu-punk crap they play on the radio....no offense to anyone who listens to it though lol......i just prefer the real stuff)
some emo
rock (again...not so much into the new rock stuff....the rock/rap genre of stuff............just don't get it) i'm a classic rock, indie rock, and alt rock kinda gal
bluegrass
blues
jazz
swing
classical
electronica
j-rock and j-pop
industrial
one thing i really love listening to is movie scores. there's just so much emotion wrapped up in them :)

right now i'm really into:
kosheen
cat power
tori amos (as usual lol)
tool
lagwagon
me first and the gimmie gimmies
pink floyd

I LOVE ME SOME MUSIC ! lol :D

dragoonlady
November 25th, 2003, 04:57 PM
I am a fan of good music - all types of music. I like The Beatles, Bob Marley, Dylan, Metallica, Paula Cole, Loreena McKennitt, Drum Music, Rusted Root, Grateful Dead, ANYTHING really... what I listen to also depends on what kind of mood I'm in.. all music as long as it's good music!

ambermystique
November 28th, 2003, 01:48 AM
I am wearing out my Jack Johnson cd right now. I'll probably have to buy a new one soon. Also, Big Brother and the Holding Company with Janis Joplin, the Cheap Thrills album - this is my third one. I listen to music way too much...

Cheshire_Cat
December 1st, 2003, 05:08 PM
I listen to just about anything except country and rap. I'm especially a Pink Floyd fan.

Shadowulfe
December 2nd, 2003, 10:04 PM
the piece of music i listened to right now? "Breathe" by Nickelback

Aidron
December 2nd, 2003, 11:03 PM
With me I simply must have something with an excellent beat to it, otherwise I will not even listen to it.

Usually it has a harder beat, which is why I voted rock. Things such as Marilyn Manson's "The Beautiful People", t.A.T.u.'s "Not Gonna Get Us" and so forth. The rhythm of the song is by far the most important thing to me. If I want pretty words, I'll read some poetry. :lol:

This is probably why I own all of Garbage's albums.

morrigen
December 2nd, 2003, 11:29 PM
Goth (Siouxsie, Sisters, Bauhaus etc), Opera, Baroque, and requium masses...currently listening to Goreki - "Symphony of sorrowful songs".

FaeFollower
December 10th, 2003, 01:06 AM
I will listen to practically anything, except pop, rap, and country. (Exceptions being pop rock and 80's synth pop... :whatgives ) Right now I'm big on alternative rock, but only if it's loud. Something I can shout along with. :shhhh:

Aranel
January 8th, 2004, 04:02 PM
i have the strangest taste in music ever.

metallica
meatloaf
evanescence
vivaldi
any jazz
and much more

thats a strange combination if ever i saw one

Aranel

Noressa
January 9th, 2004, 02:24 PM
Celtic/Ethereal/Meatloaf/Korn/Jpop/Anime soundtracks/Broadway musicals... And much, much more! *laughs*

serenarian
January 10th, 2004, 07:40 PM
Right this very second I am listening to David Draiman's version of 'Forsaken' from the Queen of the Damned soundtrack. Amazing movie with amazing music. Any other fans here? Of the soundtrack, I mean, not exclusively the movie. :)

mol
January 22nd, 2004, 10:36 AM
No rap listeners? Good grief....then why is it on every freaking video channel every time I turn it on.

nighstar
January 25th, 2004, 07:33 PM
Electronica & Industrial are my absolute favs, but i also listen to a variety of other things.... JRock/Visual Kei (Malice Mizer), Anime OSTs (not a genre, a variety :p lol), and some other stuff i dont have a name for.... lol

o, and 80's-mid90's stuff XP gotta love that lol

LunaWitch
January 29th, 2004, 09:21 PM
Right this very second I am listening to David Draiman's version of 'Forsaken' from the Queen of the Damned soundtrack. Amazing movie with amazing music. Any other fans here? Of the soundtrack, I mean, not exclusively the movie. :)
:D
that's funy I was just listening to that! same song and all.
I'm a huge fan of the soundtrack.
and even tho' most people seem to hate the movie, i loved it.
but then i love all things anne rice.

Tiarcana
February 3rd, 2004, 11:12 PM
This was definitely a missed category... although it fits into many.

I love anything fast paced, especially if the vocalists have real talent, not just talking.

Give me something to move to and meet me where there's a good DJ!

Music is my life!

savestheday7284
February 4th, 2004, 11:27 PM
I would have to say that emo/punk music is my favorite and thought some may say its a subgenre tell that to the kids who put their hearts and souls into their music!!!

savestheday7284
February 4th, 2004, 11:29 PM
you have to look at the movie as something different from the books....that way you can admit it was awesome...and who else but stuart townsend could play Lestat so well??? Did you know he can sing but that the directors didnt know until they had already made a contract with jonathan davis?!?!? Too bad....but I love the soundtrack anyway!!!

StarLeopard458
February 18th, 2004, 03:04 PM
J-Pop and J-Rock are my personal favorites.

colusaskye
March 5th, 2004, 08:35 PM
i like a bit (or a lot) of everything!
i'm stuck on the cure right now, though...again...

argento_occhi
March 10th, 2004, 07:27 AM
eh, i'm into rock, bit of alternative, *has quick look through CD collection* i like evanescence at the mo, garbage, jebediah, coldplay, powderfinger, no doubt, got an indie anthems cd whcih i love to pieces, i think that's all at the moment.

bright blessings
argento_occhi

Dark Phoenix
March 20th, 2004, 01:54 AM
I picked New Age but I have a very eclectic taste in music ranging from Peter Gabriel and Sting to Talking Heads and Depeche Mode. There is no telling what I will and won't like when it comes to music

Jenne
March 20th, 2004, 02:56 AM
Quite eclectic here, too...Sting, Annie Lennox (yay! get to go to their concert at the Hollywood Bowl in LA in Sept!), Evanescence, Loreena McKinnit, 80's pop (but not the Wham! crap--stuff like DM, Tears for Fears, Pet Shop Boys, Swing Out Sister, Johnny Hates Jazz, etc.), Coldplay, Radiohead, The Smiths, White Stripes...and my brothers' band, of course! Saturday's Child! :)

MerrisHawk
April 15th, 2004, 05:40 PM
Doni't forget the industrial, techno and streaming trance.

Right now I'm listening to Bodies by Drowning Pool
"let the bodies hit the floor
let the bodies hit the floor.."

Kadynas
April 20th, 2004, 07:34 PM
Most of the stuff I like ends up being thrown into "Alternative" or "Modern Rock" sections... but I'll listen to pretty much anything but rap. I /love/ the Cure, Stevie Nicks, NIN, Staind, Stabbing Westward, Evanescence, Lincoln Park, Pink Floyd, Led Zepplin, etc., etc. But there's also a couple country chicks I like, as well as operas, musicals, and classical... it depends on my mood. :)

Lucia
May 19th, 2004, 03:26 PM
Kaylara

Exactly the same here! Some rap I can handle but I'm not a big fan of club music. I'm mainly into Indie music, The Stills, The Stands, The Vines, The Strokes, The Stone Roses (brilliant!), Greenday, Jet, Franz Ferdinand, Goo Goo Dolls, Maroon 5, Nirvana, MB20, NIN, Vertical Horizon, etc....

I also love Josh Groban, Michael Buble, Tori Amos, Alanis Morissette, Savage Garden, Rage, Queen Adreena, Staind, Linkin Park, Jamie Cullum, Britney Spears, Kittie, Jack Off Jill, Smashing Pumpkins, All-American Rejects, Evanescence, Guided By Voices, K's Choice, Sensefield, APC, Weezer, Whitesnake, Tears For Fears, Gerard McCann, etc....I have odd taste! lol!

mountain spirit
May 19th, 2004, 05:13 PM
any phish fans here or grateful dead....

Mattan
May 19th, 2004, 06:34 PM
I listen to almost everything... right now I listen alot to Blackmore's night, but at the moment 3 Doors Down - Here Without You, is streaming from my speakers

magick186
May 19th, 2004, 06:38 PM
I listen to everything right now. I also work in a daycare center and today, on my day off, I'm listening to Mickey Mouse do his version of "ice, Ice, Baby" Sad isn't it? What's even worse is that I know the words to the song. The kids in my classroom love this song.

Fang of Loki
May 23rd, 2004, 02:28 AM
Something you missed.

Bluegrass.

mountain spirit
May 23rd, 2004, 06:55 AM
bluegrass is great

samiaminsane
June 16th, 2004, 04:15 PM
Dark Lotus-The Walls

Laetiel
June 25th, 2004, 08:16 PM
Right now....listening to some Godsmack...feeling like smacking someone around...hehe...I felt like getting some more music talk going.

starshadow
June 29th, 2004, 12:11 PM

I'm still listening to Godsmack. I've seen them twice this year. Once in New Orleans at Voodoo Fest on Samhain night and once in Denver at the Fillmore. They will be coming back through Denver this fall with Metallica. Should be a good show.

In Rock We Trust
Starshadow

SilentDreams
July 12th, 2004, 04:48 AM
Well anyone who knows me knows I'm a huge Spice Girls fan so my genre of choice is 'pop' followed by 'rap' then 'r&b' after that all styles of rock, ya know punk,grunge,hard rock etc...

gyroWang
July 12th, 2004, 05:52 PM
Last thing i listened to was the theme from conan the barbarian while i was doing weights a few hours ago ;)

Isbonified
March 4th, 2005, 11:40 PM
the artist is meg davis and the company is, i think "off centaur productions", now defunct. i think you might find the tune on kazar under "filk music"

"elf glade"
Yes they are, I've seen them walking
Out beyond the wooded garden, through the town, and through the valley

Yes they are -- you are not hearing
For I say I've seen them drinking in the tavern of the moon

Chorus: Steel and mail and gilded crossbow
Feather of the ancient windbird
Wide as wonder, tall as starlight

Come with me, and see what might be
(I'm afraid!) O you are childish
Nothing kills that does not know ye

Did I say that I would lead thee?
(We have walked too far this night out beyond the firelight!)
Come with me, for I will take ye
Dancing now with all my brothers
I am real and like the others

Yes they're real -- "no," you told me
"Yes," I said, "you should believe me"
Now we have you, wrapped in darkness
Now we keep you, never leaving
Trade your life for not believing

(Chorus)

and now you know what i like for music.

Whoa...I used to sing this when I was a kid in the S.C.A. I've been looking everywhere for it for years.

wakywitch
March 7th, 2005, 09:31 PM
Everything but opera,elevator music, or hardcore/gangsta rap.
Although I did pick Rock on the poll as my fave.

wooleybob
March 13th, 2005, 12:45 AM
Some Ozzy right now..Shot in the dark..

Stormbeard
March 15th, 2005, 02:42 AM

Running Wild - Black Soul

RedPhoenix
March 15th, 2005, 09:37 AM
Currently listening to the new Priest album. "Angel of Retribution"

Stormbeard
March 15th, 2005, 10:13 AM
Currently listening to the new Priest album. "Angel of Retribution"

\m/

Fireheathen
March 15th, 2005, 11:21 AM
There's so much good music out there, but my personal favorite to rock on to is Matthew Good. Solid rock music, and good content. (heh heh, pun)

Akhkharu Asgard
March 30th, 2005, 08:22 PM
"Farewell" by Avantasia. A little power metal for ya foos!

Oh and whoever said King Diamond rocked (somewhere in the beginning of the thread) totally owns!

Stormbeard
March 31st, 2005, 05:33 AM
Twisted Sister - The Kids Are Back
After Forever - Black Tomb

~Anamorata~
March 31st, 2005, 05:49 AM
Need you ask me what I'm listening to? I'll give you a hint: SB loves this band so much, he made himself a banner declaring his love for them! :heybaby:

Stormbeard
March 31st, 2005, 06:47 AM
The lyrics underneath I feel make the point best!

Lamoondove
March 31st, 2005, 02:47 PM
I Love all kinda of music really ... God Smack one of my fav's ..
At moment i listing to the music of dog barking and kids laughing ... i would enjoy a good tune at moment.....lol

MoonDragn
March 31st, 2005, 02:47 PM
I have my TOOL CD on in my car when I drive to and from work. I like to sit in traffic blasting it loud and scare all the other people way.

Lunadria
April 3rd, 2005, 12:43 PM
Well, i'm listening to a mixture right now because I decided to burn a CD.. Just listened to Jewel, Intuition, and now Joydrop, Beautiful. I love this song!

peggarty
October 14th, 2005, 09:21 PM
I voted 'everything' as although rock is my absolute favourite genre, I can listen to most things, from pop to opera, from swing to folk. Right nos I'm not listening to anything, as the TV is on.

Anyanka
October 15th, 2005, 10:30 AM
I'm pretty much into everything. I love music of all sorts...except for maybe Techno/Dance...unless it's a song that is just so catchy...but mostly I'm into any sort of music.

CoolJ
October 15th, 2005, 01:17 PM
Nobody likes rap!!! It's official!!

Cassie
October 15th, 2005, 02:04 PM
Nobody likes rap!!! It's official!!
:lol:
I like most music but especially indie and alternate rock.

peggarty
October 15th, 2005, 09:38 PM
I'm going through a power ballads phase at the moment, so I'm downloading like crazt, trying to get as many '80's rock songs as I can ;)

maldito
October 17th, 2005, 12:25 PM
I can listen many genres, but my top favorites are industrial, gothic, metal and reggae.

yarrow_elfglow
October 17th, 2005, 01:42 PM
i listen to all kinds of music, but mostly gothic, rock, death metal

peggarty
October 17th, 2005, 11:47 PM
I've recently been getting into sort of 1970's folk/hippy bands who do a few pagan songs - Well songs that are grounded in British folk music of yeseryear - and at that time most were Pagan folk around the little English villages.

Emerald Lily
October 20th, 2005, 05:57 PM
Just found a song from my teenage days by the Sultans of Ping. Its called "Where's me Jumper?" Not to everyones tastes im sure but it brought back some sweet memories!!

peggarty
October 20th, 2005, 07:26 PM
Ooh, I like sort of 'odd' songs. Wonder if I can dowload it for a quick listen.

TerminallyUnique
October 20th, 2005, 07:43 PM
'Wheres me jumper'? , wow, thats mental. Ive not heard that title for aeons,
I never knew it was Sultans of Ping though, class!

many thanks! :D

Catiana
October 27th, 2005, 02:30 PM
Metal, but I like really heavy hard rock too.

LyraDragonStar
October 29th, 2005, 04:32 PM
I like Rock mostly. Punk/Emo mainly...but anything in that field (including some metal stuff) I will listen to. However, I do like some of the popular stuff cuz it's fun to dance to and I'm a party girl and didn't know it till recently. Haha.

Palantari
October 30th, 2005, 07:15 PM
metal in all its many forms...mostly melodic, doomy or deathy goth though...

peggarty
October 30th, 2005, 09:04 PM
I'm currently going through a phase of wanting to listen to qutie a lot of late 1960's music. The hippy stuff, and the rock, and British 'Mod' music - you know bands like The Who, and The Small Faces etc

~Anamorata~
November 10th, 2005, 08:14 PM
Goth, Hard Rock, Trance/Techno, classic rock and New Age/World:thumbsup:

Cyzarine
November 21st, 2005, 03:20 PM
Everything! I don't have a favorite.

Ahautenites
December 6th, 2005, 08:13 PM
Damn it, STOP DOING THAT! **laughs**

I just responded to the poll and read through the first page of messages before I realized this was an old thread. (Because I'm still avidly reading every little bit that gets mentioned about MW the streaming radio station.)

peggarty
December 6th, 2005, 09:25 PM
Well, my tastes are so diverse, that I'm actually listening to Dean Martin and Frank Sinatra at the moment. I love all this old stuff, but have to be in the mood for it.

tiamat-4
January 21st, 2006, 04:17 PM
yeah something you missed alright:
I like some of those genres but not all the ones you listed, and some you didn't.

Renaissance, Medieval, Gregorian Chant, African Chant, Buddhist Chant, Classical, Baroque, Big Band Era, Blues, Jazz, Golden Oldies, Acid Rock, Classic Rock, 80's, 90's, some country, heavy metal, alternative rock, industrial rock, death metal, goth(american and british), darkwave, techno, trance, ambient, world music (celtic, arabic, iranian, turkish, chinese folk, japanese folk, world drumming, sephardic jewish music), organ music.
**I dont' generally like rap, with the exceptions of eminem, outkast, nelly.
**I also don't like country with the exceptions of Johnny Cash, though he was probably more of a folk than a country singer.

The following are bands that come to mind:

Banco de Gaia, Bauhaus, Love and Rockets, Joy Division, Sisters of Mercy, Tom Waits, Joe Satriani, Johnny Cash, Transglobal Underground, Emerald Rose, Gaia Consort, Clan of Xymox, Enigma, Dead Can Dance, Bjork, Juno Reactor, VNV Nation, Christian Death, Type O Negative, The Toasters, Live, Red Hot Chili Peppers, Orbital, Puddle of Mudd, Monster Magnet, Echo and the Bunnymen, Hot Chocolate, Sex Pistols, Depeche Mode, Godsmack, Fatboy Slim, Dio, David Bowie, Cream, Pink Floyd, Candlebox, Bob Seger, 311, Black Sabbath, Creed, Moody Blues, Outkast, Smashing Pumpkins, Millencolin, Inkubbus Sukkubus, Icon of Coil, Fiona Apple, Flogging Molly, Irish Rovers, Black 47, Icewagon Flu, Dagda, Eminem, Blue Oyster Cult, Alien Sex Fiend, Assemblage 23, Pearl Jam, Art of Noise, Covenant, Soundgarden/Audioslave, Nirvana, Cruxshadows, Meatloaf, Mission UK, Strawberry Alarm Clock, Steely Dan, Poe, Reliquary, Rasputina, Queens of the Stone Age, Laibach, Kraftwerk, Omar Faruk Tekbilek, The Strokes, Velvet Acid Christ, Foo Fighters, GWAR, Journey, Led Zeppelin, Madness, Miles Davis, Moby, Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds, Nerfherder, George Clinton and the Parliament Funkadelic, Nickelback, Prodigy, Rammstein, Rush, Switchblade Symphony, The Damned, Violent Femmes, Meat Beat Manifesto.

merlo
January 23rd, 2006, 05:39 PM
I'm on cradle of filth. mmmmm

mol
January 23rd, 2006, 06:48 PM
=)

Good grief how times have changed. Godsmack?

LyraDragonStar
January 23rd, 2006, 07:26 PM
=)

Good grief how times have changed. Godsmack?

Haha, sometimes you surprise yourself, huh? :hahugh:

Zhr Morgana
January 24th, 2006, 12:18 AM
I'm a rock and roll kind of chick...but really any music as long as it's GOOD. Right now my favorite bands (that I'm listening to right now) are My Chemical Romance, Franz Ferdinand, Green Day, and The Cure.

Any type of rock song that has a really awesome guitar riff (think "Get Your Hands Off My Woman" by The Darkness) really gets me going.

mol
January 24th, 2006, 01:27 PM
Haha, sometimes you surprise yourself, huh? :hahugh:
I am telling ya!

wooleybob
January 24th, 2006, 04:25 PM
I like a mix of all music,but mostly oldies and Rock..Was listening to In the Year 2525-By Zager&Evans...Now some Ozzy and Black Sabbath...

TerminallyUnique
January 29th, 2006, 06:51 PM
Ill go with the above. :D

Ive spent the last few hours listening to some Can, Soulfly, Portishead, Sonic Youth, Incision, Sabbat, Paganini, and Atari teenage riot (which has me caught at the min :))..
Theres a good track by LCD Soundscreen called 'movement' which had a snap-to-attention snare in it which is grabby, and that track from Muse ,'sing for absolution' is fabulous.Like early Muse, really soul piercing, well for me anyway,heh :D
For anyone with a love for Obituary, try 'insane' from a recent album. Better yet find 'boiling point', thats one which is playing in my head a lot :) Its got a great kik-down-kik-in thing to it I like ;D
lol, oh yeah 'destroy 2000 years of culture', thats that Atari thing that Ive been overplaying in me napper :D

TerminallyUnique
May 6th, 2006, 06:29 PM
some of the stuff thats caught my ear recently,

Elbow ~ 'any day now'
Butthole surfers ~ 'who was in my room last night'
some stuff by Mastodon and Lamb of God
Christian Death albums 'Catastrophe Ballet' and 'The wind kissed pictures'
Tool, in general though 'Schism' is my favourite of Laternus
D.J. Shadow

theres a rake of tunes Im listening to every day,
ah modern life, eh?
senseless if not punctuated by music, lol
:cheers:

TerminallyUnique
May 14th, 2006, 05:26 PM
Louis Armstrong ~ 'When a man loves a woman'
Cream ~ 'swlabr'
Q.O.T.S.A. ~ 'Lightning song'
KId Koala ~ 'Drunk'
Psychotic Waltz ~ 'Shattered'
Clutch ~ 'Burning beard'
Sasha & Digiweed ~ 'Roaches'

all over the shop as per norm :)

CheshireEyes
June 5th, 2006, 10:15 PM
I listen to a bit of everything, but I clicked metal b/c that's old faithful for me and what i have most of cd and cassette-wise. The older stuff mostly though, Dio, Savatage, Metallica, Iron Maiden, Megadeth, Warlock, Helloween, etc..

SparkleWytch
June 7th, 2006, 02:54 AM
Right now as in this second?
Shut Me Up - Mindless Self Indulgence
I freaking love them!!!

TerminallyUnique
July 2nd, 2006, 06:19 PM
For something ..um, odd, you could do worse than get Jim Noir ~ 'The key of C'
Sol Seppy's not bad, and um, a track I heard from Autechre called 'anvil vapre'
but for sure recently its been stuff from Celtic Frost, Simon & Garfunkle, Vendetta, Hexx, Cathedral, Black Dahlia Murders, Unearth, Stand up guy, and very much, Can ~ 'Future Days' and Pink Floyd from 67/68 , that ive been listening to a lot :)
:hehehehe:

peggarty
July 2nd, 2006, 08:47 PM
I can and do listen to most genres of music, however, I will always be a Beatles fan, and something of 1960's obsessed, aging hippy.

Emerald Lily
July 11th, 2006, 07:50 PM
Right now I'm listening to a repetition of :

Not Everyone - Nine Black Alps
Shake your Blood - Foo Fighters w/Lemmy live at Hyde Park!
Cosmopolitan - Nine Black Alps

TerminallyUnique
July 21st, 2006, 10:01 PM
besides Hexx Ive been playing recently,

Scorn ~ 'Collosus'
The Mars Volta ~ various stuff , and
..that blasted song from Jim Noir ~ 'in the key of C', lol
it is good though ....*sings* you're messin' with my Aart... :D
:hahugh: