PDA

View Full Version : how can you see your past lives?

moria636
October 3rd, 2004, 05:32 AM
I once had a book on past life regression but never got to read it... now Im really interested....its just im not quite sure on how to remember.... im sure meditation would come into play...maybe kinda a astral travel.....
I dunno.... does anyone know how to remember a past life?....
I just find this incredibly fasinationg and would like to know more...
thanks

teishabee
October 3rd, 2004, 05:34 AM
If your gonna do these things.I read its best to have someone present during your medition.

moria636
October 3rd, 2004, 05:37 AM
ive heard the same... I heard one of my friends used a tape recorder... but I heard it was much better to have someone else there...
thankys

mucgwyrt
October 4th, 2004, 05:17 AM
Yes.

I suffered with severe depression a few years back now, which seemed to stir up all kinds of hidden memories. I had several dreams, and one waking-vision - unhelpfully enough though, they were all involuntary :lol:

Good luck though, I'm sorry I couldn't be of more help :)

Seren_
October 4th, 2004, 04:50 PM
I once had a book on past life regression but never got to read it... now Im really interested....its just im not quite sure on how to remember.... im sure meditation would come into play...maybe kinda a astral travel.....

Some people just have the knack of doing it; sometimes you can dream them, but one way of doing it consciously is a guided visualisation, which I always think of as a cross between astral travel and meditation.

It's not the only way of going about it - hypnosis is another method for example - but you'll probably find one that works better than others. The way I was taught to do it is as follows. It really is better if you can find a friend/partner to do it with:

Method:

Take a position that you find comfortable - lying down is probably best, but whatever works for you. Bear in mind that you might be a while. If it's part of your practise, you can cast a circle or prepare your space and self in whatever way you think necessary, depending on your personal preference.

Do a few relaxation exercises...a good foot massage works wonders for me :D, but if you're on your own then a nice bath and the tensing exercise by Starhawk is a good one, I find. Beginning with your toes, tense them, then work up your body, tensing each muscle/limb as you go. When you're all tense, hold it (and your breath) for as long as comfortable, and then let it all go. This should naturally relax you, and it's a good cleanser too.

Now focus on your breathing. Breathe in for four beats; hold for four; breathe out for four; breathe in. This will also help relaxation, and give you some focus (but it can take a while to get the swing of, so practice helps with this bit). If you're asthmatic, you might find this hard to do, so find a slow breathing pattern that works for you...

When you are in the right frame of mind, keep breathing in the 4-4-4-4 manner, but as you breathe, feel your astral body stretch out as you breathe out, contract in slightly as you breathe in, but in a kind of way that you gradually leave your body completely. You can use a different method if you like, but I find this the easiest for me in a general sense of travelling, but also particularly for this kind of operation.

Once you're out of your body you don't need to concentrate much on your breathing...it's time to focus on the experience. Feel yourself rise up, high up, far into the sky, into the clouds. Below you, you can see the earth, getting smaller and less easy to discern.

As you rise, you know that you're getting farther and farther away from your own time, as well as just the distance of the earth. You are not aiming for any specific time, because generally this kind of regression will show you a life that you will find most useful to learn something from. Don't try to force anything, go with the flow.

Once you have risen as high as you can and you feel ready, begin dropping down again. As you get closer and closer to the land, you will begin to make out features, until finally you arrive at the scene of your life in that time. You may be a detached observer, or actually in the body of the person you were. If you're on your own, its best to just go with the flow, be detached and observe what goes on. If you are being guided by someone, they can ask you questions, perhaps even speak to the person you were and get a fuller picture of what your life was about. When you feel ready you can rise up and skip to a different life or forward in time...whatever you need to see.

When you are ready to return, rise up again, this time aiming forward in time. Sink down into your body, and focus on your breathing again, this time contracting into your body rather than stretching out of it. When you are back in, you should wiggle your toes, move around a bit and then open your eyes. Ground and centre. If you're with someone, they can massage the base chakra of your foot (situated on your heel), to help you begin grounding. Something to eat and drink also helps; you can feel pretty spaced afterwards.

Warnings:

It is always better to do past life regressions with someone, rather than on your own. You might find yourself in a particularly emotional or dangerous situation, and if you are very suggestible (psychically or psychologically...most people who practise magic are, because it's how you become "open") you might find it extremely traumatic. My ex did one and found his "former self" being stabbed...it was all very real to him and he was convinced he was dying. I myself did a regression where I found myself buried alive in a desert...

In these situations you can get so engrossed in the experience that you might not have the presence of mind to come back, and someone will have to give you a hand. It's best if you're guiding someone else to go with them. This might take some skill if you're not very experienced at travel, because you'll have to concentrate on observing, asking the questions, guiding and looking out for the both of you. In this case, practise travelling astrally in a general sense, and if you're new to regression, perhaps a third person would be good to remain a distant, objective observer who does all the guiding but no magical stuff, while the second person goes with you.

I hope that's helpful for you, and makes sense. :D

Fairyelf
October 4th, 2004, 09:29 PM
Whoa!!
good info!

moria636
October 6th, 2004, 12:17 AM
Thank you sooo much very helpful :)

Jaroson
October 6th, 2004, 08:23 PM
Hello,

I have done the past life regression and though in my case it was highly subjective, the methods used were detailed in a book called Windows of the Mind, but I cannot recall the author. They were a blend of pineal stimulation and meditation and were very effective, but as I said, wholly subjective. Hope this helps any.

Brigid Bishop
October 6th, 2004, 08:42 PM
Some people Scry in a Mirror to view their physical appearance of a past life.

My son did it and watched himself transform into a female of about the age of 12 when he was 15 in this lifetime. His friend's father had taught him how to do it, and I was a little concerned because I choose when and what they learn when they are still impressionable.

Anyway, he used a white candle and stared at the mirror in deep meditation for about 45 minutes. The room was totally black, only the candle light, and then he said his hair actually grew and changed color, from short black to long auburn, and his face transformed.

I have not yet done this myself, but now that I am reminded of it I think I will do it on the night of the new moon to see what happens for me!

Perhaps someone else is more experienced with this?

Blessings

Brigid

http://www.bellbookcandle.org

mucgwyrt
October 7th, 2004, 05:06 AM
Some people Scry in a Mirror to view their physical appearance of a past life.

My son did it and watched himself transform into a female of about the age of 12 when he was 15 in this lifetime. His friend's father had taught him how to do it, and I was a little concerned because I choose when and what they learn when they are still impressionable.

Anyway, he used a white candle and stared at the mirror in deep meditation for about 45 minutes. The room was totally black, only the candle light, and then he said his hair actually grew and changed color, from short black to long auburn, and his face transformed.

I have not yet done this myself, but now that I am reminded of it I think I will do it on the night of the new moon to see what happens for me!

Perhaps someone else is more experienced with this?

Blessings

Brigid

http://www.bellbookcandle.org
My boyfriend did something like that before he met me, but saw my face in the mirror. He also assumed it was a past incarnation untlil he met me, a few years later.
So like scrying into a crystal ball, I dont think you can specify what you see, you know? I think meditation might be more accurate :)

Abrana
July 16th, 2006, 04:38 PM
Since I have such a strong Psychic Bond to new Mexico, it is just something that I know by instinct.
Last lifetime I was born at Canyon de Chelly, and can tell how to get there just by instinct, and then, near the New Mexico Border, I know exactly where I am at, and how to get where I need to be, anywhere in New Mexico from South to North and back again.

~*Woodrose*~
July 24th, 2006, 06:06 AM
I dont no wat it is but i cant astrally travel yet....
but i can sort of remember my past life as in consciously

i was just sitting and tlkin to my friend when we started talkin bout pastlives and then we started realli gettin in to it
and then we remembered the exact same things and i remember her in a past life and she remembers me
i dont like myself in that past life...i was a vain evil lady who only married for money.

do u learn stuff from your pastlives? As tho your spirit goes through a lesson each lifetime or something? Is it all leading up to something?

Luv woodrose