PDA

View Full Version : MW Spooky Campfire Story Contest!

AuroraSilvermist
October 4th, 2004, 06:15 PM
AND THE WINNER IS...

It was a tough decision for the judges, and we had many fine stories! Our prejudges were so undecided that everyone who submitted a story actually got a nod toward becoming a finalist. So, all of you writers can consider yourselves finalists!

But in the end, there can be only one. And the winner that the final judges chose was:

semicivilizedman

Congrats, Semi! Your story was creepy and twisty, and we final judges thought you did a great job with it. I'll be giving you a banner to sport very soon! (Please PM me your email address if it's not in your profile.) And, equally soon, the HaM program will receive a $25 donation in your name.

Thanks to everyone who entered!

mol
October 5th, 2004, 10:35 AM
You rock! This is an excellent idea. :)

Pilot
October 5th, 2004, 02:59 PM
I like this! I just may enter it! GREAT IDEA-

spooky
October 5th, 2004, 03:24 PM
ACK! this is named after me, isn't it? now i have to write a story.. lets see- there's that one about the teenagers who park in the woods at night.. ;)

AuroraSilvermist
October 5th, 2004, 03:39 PM
ACK! this is named after me, isn't it? now i have to write a story.. lets see- there's that one about the teenagers who park in the woods at night.. ;)

:smash: BONK! :smash:

Pan
October 6th, 2004, 12:13 AM
Lovely idea! I'll have to enter.

The deadline is my hubby's birthday! :D

Teresa
October 6th, 2004, 01:48 AM
Excellent Idea !!!

Morr
October 6th, 2004, 06:11 AM
i think im going to try out for this one!
i never win any contests.. but eh.. im bored and i practically have no life at the moment...

hmmmmmm...

*goes off to contemplate a scary story...*

RubyRose
October 7th, 2004, 02:54 AM
Cool, finally something to work on, to get back into my writing. It's been a while.

MerrisHawk
October 7th, 2004, 04:21 AM
Only 1500 words? Ack!

AuroraSilvermist
October 7th, 2004, 09:39 AM
Only 1500 words? Ack!

Muwahahahaha! Yep, only 1500 words. Torture, pure torture! :devil:

Flash fiction stories, which are very popular right now, are generally less than 1000 words. It can be done! The key is to write tight--not a word wasted. ;)

kaosxmage
October 7th, 2004, 01:08 PM
A Stone Circle Secret by Lonnie Scott A.k.a. Kaosxmage

Katlyn sat watching the flames being gently kissed by the winds, losing herself in the subtle dance. She couldn’t remember a more peaceful and perfect moment, but this wouldn’t last. The stone circle she sat in was a secret, a hidden grotto on her family’s land for centuries. Her father farmed several acres of the land, but this little hideaway was cursed, and her family left it to nature’s ruin since her father’s grandfather planted the first seed.

Why am I here, she thought. The moon waxed full and the stars shone bright, and she was safe and warm in bed just an hour before. Her window was open; it was late October, but it wasn’t cold. That’s when the voice came. She thought it must have been the television downstairs at first, but it was quieter, insistent, demanding: more importantly, it spoke her name. Katlyn couldn’t remember exactly when she followed the voice on the breeze, she didn’t recognize the trail leading to the stones - she only knew that when she arrived to the shadowed circle, a fire was waiting to offer comfort and light.

Movement broke her from her reverie. “Who’s there?” she asked of the dark. She felt foolish, knowing an answer wouldn’t come. Her eyes darted back and forth, but the flames that helped illuminate her immediate surroundings, only served to add confusion to the sights beyond the stones. The shadows snaked along the ground, and danced to a silent beat on the stones themselves. Katlyn began to doubt she heard a voice at all, resigning to return to her home and forget the temporary madness in the morning. If it happens again, she thought, I’ll ask mom if lunatics run in the family.

As she walked through an opening in the circle to start her trek towards the house, she walked through on the opposite end, returning back to the fire in the center of the circle. Panic began to set in. None of this is happening. Her heart hammering in her chest, Katlyn ran through the circle, out the other side, and once again, finding herself before the fire.

“You can’t leave,” a voice whispered from the darkness.

“You’ll never get out,” another offered from her right.

“Isn’t she a pretty one?” a third voice inquired.

“Oh yes, she will taste fine indeed,” yet a fourth voice shouted above the others.

Katlyn began sobbing. She couldn’t command her legs to move. “Why won’t you let me leave? Who are you?”

“We’re hungry dear,” they replied in unison. In the north quarter of the circle a small figure appeared. Its height was equal to a child, but too scrawny to be human. Its skin shone with a sickly green hue, covered in patches of hair, leaving its sex to be undetermined. “We are very hungry …yessssss.”

“Stay away from me,” Katlyn urged. “I don’t know what you are, or why you brought me here, but I don’t have any food.” Katlyn backed slowly away from the advancing creature. “Just let me go home, and I could fetch you something to eat. But I must go home.”

“We didn’t bring you here,” a voice said behind her. Katlyn screamed and turned, finding the other three creatures advancing on her. “We don’t want food from your home; we don’t want you to leave. We want what we’re owed, and now that you’re finally here, we want to eat.” The creature smiled, displaying rotted teeth rooted in black gums. She realized what these creatures wanted. They meant to eat her; they’re some kind of demon cannibals.

“Stay away from me,” she screamed, grabbing a burning stick from the fire and waving it toward the creatures. “Help! Somebody please help me!” She knew that someone in the house would here. The circle wasn’t too far away, so she kept screaming for her family while she brandished her only weapon hoping it would buy her enough time. The creatures stopped following her once she threatened them with fire, but they wouldn’t stop smiling.

“Nobody is going to help you, dear,” one of them said. The other three were hopping and clapping. “They don’t want you. We want you.”

“No,” Katlyn said. “They are my family, and they will wake up and come. When they do, you little bastards are dead. You hear me! DEAD!” Her outburst won a chorus of giggles from the creatures. They think I’m amusing.

“Honey,” her father said, stepping into the circle ahead of her. “Put that stick down, honey. You’re going to be just fine.”

“Daddy!” she sobbed. “Oh thank God, Daddy!” She ran to him and held on with an embrace a bear would be envious of.

“These things were going to eat me, they wanted me out here!” Katlyn sobbed, forgetting the danger she was in moments before. “They tricked me into coming out here; I never wanted to leave the house, Daddy!”

“Honey, calm down. Everything is fine, see?” Her father turned her around to see that the creatures were gone.

“I swear they were there, Daddy. I promise,” Katlyn said through tears. Now she truly felt crazy.

“I know they were there,” her father replied. “Hell they’ve always been out here.”

Katlyn was shocked. “What do you mean you know? Always? What are they?”

“We’re not sure, never have been. We do know that if they don’t eat, that our crops fail. Every generation we have to feed them, whether we like it or not.”

“You feed those monsters? Daddy, they wanted to eat me!”

“I know that too. That’s why I came out here. I don’t like the arrangement, but this land has been good for well over a hundred years now, and only gets better while every other farm around here dries up. We have to feed them. They only eat people; unfortunately the bargain was for girls. Your brothers will all farm someday, and your little sister will miss you.” Her father whistled over Katlyn’s head, and tightened his grip on her. The creatures strolled back into the circle, grinning in anticipation of their meal. “I’m sorry about this, but that’s the family secret concerning this circle. It’s how we keep our coffers full and fields rich. We only sacrifice one daughter, and if we don’t we come to ruin.”

“You don’t have to do this, Daddy!” Katlyn cried. Dizziness overcame her equilibrium, her legs gave out, and nausea gripped her bowels. The horror of her father’s betrayal setting in. “Please! Please! Let me go!”

“I can’t do that,” her father said, “your grandpa tried. He tried to stop them and they ruined him! They took all his children but me. There were nine of us!” He threw Katlyn to the ground and walked away, unwilling to watch to events unfold.

Katlyn watched her father retreat into the darkness beyond the stones. Her mind and body numb, she was barely aware of the fire slowly dying in the center of the circle. Staring into the moon’s soft light, she let go of her physical identity, knowing life was too cruel to fight for now, in time to avoid noticing the first bite.

Iris
October 7th, 2004, 02:43 PM
Hooray! Our first entry! :dancy:

It's delightfully horrifying :ghostie:

AuroraSilvermist
October 7th, 2004, 04:02 PM
Yay, an entry! And quite the creepy one, at that. :D

It reminds me of that famous short story, The Lottery, even though it's quite different and original in its own way. Thanks for being the first brave soul to post a story, kaosxmage!

RhiamonButterfly
October 7th, 2004, 09:59 PM
My entry...

A couple recently purchased a "fixer-upper" that they could afford, although a lot of work had to go into it before they could move in. Tina, the 28 year old wife, walked over to the house with her bucket of paint and began to paint the main bedroom. The sun had just gone down, when she heard a loud voice call to her. "Tina?" she heard, assuming it was her friend coming to help, she called back "I'm back here." No one came into the room so she called again..."Janie, I'm back here".....Tina, now getting annoyed, dropped her brush and went to the front of the house only to find the front door locked an no one there. It spooked her, but she brushed it off. A few days after they moved in, her husband came into the living room and asked her where the garage key was. "I have no idea, where did you leave it, Hon? She asked. He told her he left it on the table to put his shoes on and he turned around and it was gone. He mumbled a few words and walked out the door. Tina came out to the kitchen and started doing dishes, and when she turned around the key was sitting nice and shiny on the table! Other things started happening, and after awhile, Tina thought she was losing her mind because most of the time she was the only one who heard or felt anything. One night, as they lay in bed, it sounded like furniture was being moved around! Scott got up to see if there was burglar in the house and not a speck of furniture was moved. He got back in bed and it started again. After a few hours, he snuggled up to Tina, now trembling, and said "ignore it and it will go away". It did too, for awhile, until one night that Scott had to work late and Tina decided to go to bed early. She was just about to doze off when someone laid down next to her! She opened her eyes, and there was no one there, but an outline pushed down into the comforter! She whirled out of bed and huddled on the couch until Scott came home.
It all seemed to become old hat to her until one night she was chatting online as Scott worked late again. As she took a drink of her tea, her monitor froze up and a loud, deep, voice from her computer said "You are doomed!" She let out a yelp and swallowed her tea, stunned from what just happened. She didn't sleep that night either. Scott was taking the garbage out soon after that and after he shut the front door, someone pounded on the pane of glass in the door. A gruff pounding as if a man had done it, from the inside!!! He came flying in the house and asked Tina if she had done it, which he knew she couldn't possibly had gone from the front of the house to the back that fast.

One night Tina’s mom came to spend the night while Scott was working, and her and Tina were enjoying a late movie when all of a sudden, they heard loud thumps from all around the room, as if someone were kicking the walls. They froze in their seats not knowing what to do. Silently listening to the loud thumps, they realized the pounding was coming from inside the walls! It lasted for about an hour, and it just stopped abruptly. They moved shortly after. The house would not sell after that, and it was condemned and scheduled for demolition. The neighbors must have known something they never spoke about.

Pan
October 9th, 2004, 03:38 AM
"Hey, what's this?" a young girl asked. She stood before the jewelry counter with a curious expression on her face, staring at the silver ring with the bright star ruby in the middle. It rested in an open display, as if any wandering fingers could take it.

In the shop were oddities of which Madeline Harper had never seen. There were black mirrors and many candles; incense and sconces lined the walls; candle holders and statues beckoned her from the shelves. However, this ring was the only thing that really caused her fingers to itch.

Making sure no one was watching, Madeline thrust out her hand and snatched the ring away, stuffing it into her purse and briskly strolling out of the shop. She paid no mind to the card under the display, and never thought to wonder why it was so overt.

When she got home, Madeline placed the ring on her desk, along with her other lifted items. She stared at it for a long while, then reached over and put it on. Admiring it, she tilted her head, before she frowned as her mother called up the stairs.

"Madeline! Time for dinner! I hope you've got your homework done!" her mother shouted.

Madeline sighed and called back, "Yes, Mom, I've got it done! Ouch!" Something pricked her finger and she looked at it, confused. There was only the ring. Shrugging, she pushed aside her unfinished biology homework and trounced down the stairs.

Once downstairs, Madeline sat down and helped herself to some dinner, quickly shoveling it into her mouth. Her father looked disapprovingly at her and spied her finger. "Where did you get that, Maddy?" he asked.

Madeline just looked at the ring, having forgotten she'd been wearing it when the thought of food entered her mind. "A friend gave it to me," she lied. Another prick, this time a little more painful, struck her finger. She looked at her hand and shook it a little, willing the pain away. Once it subsided, she smiled sweetly at her father.

"You'd better not be stealing again. You'd promised you'd stopped." His mustache bristled a little as he pushed a hand through his blonde hair. His eyes were still wary.

"Don't worry, Dad," Madeline sighed, frustrated, "I didn't steal it." This time, it felt as if razors were slicing into her finger. Wincing a little, she stood up from the table and giggled, masking the pain. "May I be excused?" When her father nodded, Madeline raced outside.

It was a little chilly as she stepped into the autumn night, looking down at her hand, wondering what was going on. "It's nothing," she told herself out loud, "nothing at all. It's not like I stole it or anything. It was given to me. Ow!" She fisted her hand as a bit of blood trickled down her finger. Was the ring cutting into her?

With fear in her eyes, Madeline looked around wildly. "I planned on giving it back. Really!" A sharper stab, and a little more blood on her finger. The ruby began to glow a harsh red, igniting the blood in a murderous light.

"Well .. so what if I wasn't gonna give it back! It's mine! I found it!" She cried out and grasped her hand, trying to wrench the ring from her finger. It wouldn't come off. It just seemed to dig deeper into her finger. Blue eyes wild with fright, Madeline cast a mad gaze around her large backyard. What was that over by the gazebo? It had never had roses before.

The roses glowed the same color as the ruby in the ring, throbbing like a demented heartbeat, in time with her own pulse that she heard screaming in her head. She couldn't help but go toward it.

"What kind of bunk is this?" she asked herself, blonde hair whispering about her shoulders. "To hell with this. It's my ring. Not like my taking it would hurt anyone. It won't." She felt the ring bite into her, like some carnivorous creature thirsty for flesh. What was that?

A figure clad in silver emerged from the roses, a wicked smile on its face. She couldn't really tell if it was a man or a woman, but she could see the silver teeth in its mouth, the silver hair around its metallic-skinned face. It had ruby-red eyes and fingernails, thin hand reaching for her.

"Get away! Mom and Dad will be out here any minute!" She would have cried if she could have as the ring sliced deep into her finger, reaching the bone. She knew her parents wouldn't be out there. They were inside, having the rest of their supper without her. They thought she was safe and sound!

"Miiiiiiiiine." The creature grinned again, silver teeth glistening red in the moonlight.

"Mine!" She was still determined to hold onto the ring, though she could feel the warm blood on her hand.

"Liiiiiiiiiiiiessssssssssss." A hiss filled the air.

"No! It's mine! Fair and square!" Madeline's fight-filled voice sliced through the night.

Lying had gotten Madeline in trouble before, but she never thought it would do this. The creature grasped her wrist, metallic teeth shooting from its palm into her hand. "Let go!" she cried. "I bought this ring with my own money!" Another hand shot out and grasped her other wrist, causing her to bleed.

The only thing of Madeline's that was left was the ring in the grass. Her parents thought that she had run away again. A stranger came by the house that day, and wandered into the backyard, a pair of red sunglasses over his pale-skinned face. Reaching into the grass, he plucked up the ruby ring, smiling.

His teeth were capped with silver, and his nails were painted red.

"Mine."

Morr
October 9th, 2004, 07:25 AM
I'm not very good with this kind of stuff... I'm less of a writer and more of a director.. I see everything in my mind and how it goes, but its hard for me to put it in words... but ANYWAYS... it came out more tragic then creepy :lol: Oh well!!
PS - I have NO idea how a short story is supposed to be structured.. and yes i may have spelling mistakes cause i type fast, and im foreign, and i dont use Word (besides my Word isnt working and doesnt have the spelling check thing... but ANYWAYS!)

Enjoy :D

it was a typical gray day in Ireland. The kind of day where the mists kiss the green hills and the fog curls around the dim lights.
Fionna layed out on the damp grass just outside the chappel. It was a chilly day. The cool wind had woken her up from her sleep.

"Darn! I fell asleep again!", she thought, "I knew I should have listened to mom when she told me to walk back home straight from Sunday School!".

So she got up and skipped back onto the muddy road, not before picking a few white lillies on her way. Dancing and jumping barefoot in the puddles she made her way home as the wind grew stronger.

She entered the house and ran straight into the kitchen.

"I'm so sorry I'm late again, mom, please forgive me!"

Her mother, standing by the kitchen counter looking out the window, didnt even turn around. She just stood there. Frionna turned to her father, sitting by the table, drinking a cup of tea and staring at the newspaper.

"Pap, I'm sorry! I meant no disrespect! Here, I picked a few lillies to decorate the living room!"[i], she said, showing him the flowers in her hand.
Her father looked up and stared at her as if he was staring into thin air. His eyes were blank and he quietly mumbles, [i]"Only eight years of age. You're only eight". Then he slowly looked away.

"I know pap, I'm a foolish eight year old. I'm sorry!".

She stood there a little while longer waiting, begging for her parents' acknowlegement, but to no avail. So she walked away from them and climbed up the stairs towards her room. As she entered it, she saw her favorite doll sitting on the bed. Smiling, Fionna reached towards it, but missed, and the doll dropped on the floor. Her cat, Patrick, jumped out of nowhere and hissed at her.

"Stupid cat!", she thought.

Frustrated, Fionna turned back and left the house, despite hearing the growing gale blowing outside. She walked up the hill and passed the chappel again. The minister was sitting outside eating a green apple.

"Hello Father McCain!", Fionna called.

But he didnt respond at all. He never even looked up at her.

"He never liked me" Fionna thought to herself, "I bet its because I kissed Billy Wallas on the cheek last week". She giggled and ran down the hill towards the river that crossed the villiage.

As the chappel bells started ringing, she stepped into the river, barefoot, and danced around.

"Hmm, thats funny, the water isnt as cold as usual for this season, and the little fish are all gone! Its a shame, I like it when they tickle my feet.".

The wind grew even stronger and began ripping through the villiage, wailing loudly. Still dancing and singing, Fionna turned around and suddenly bumped into a young maiden. She looked up and saw a tall, pale, black haired woman smiling at her. Not saying a word, the lady reached out her hand to Fionna gesturing her to take her hand and follow. Fionna slowly agreed and put her hand in the fair lady's palm. She noticed the woman's hands were ice cold.

"It's not THAT cold out here", Fionna whispered.

The clouds grew darker and the gale louder as rain began to drizzle.

The maiden started pulling Fionna, but Fionna hesitated for a moment and pulled back. The woman's eys became black, her lips blue and rage took over her face. She opened her mouth to speak, but a loud scream came out - ripping and wailing through the villiage - just like the wind. Fionna suddenly rememberd the legend of the Bansidhe and their role as death's messangers. She then stepped back & turned away and ran as fast as she could back towards the chappel, as the Bansidh's screams haunted her. All of a sudden, she slipped through the mud, and rolled further down hill. She rolled uncontrolably untill she reached the bottom of the hill.

It was raining by now. Fionna was soaked and cold.

She slowly stood up, her lips shivering. Looking around, there was no sign of the mysterious woman. She then looked down and found herself standing infront of a tomb stone and a freshly dug grave. The tombstone read -

"Here Lays Fionna Mary Flin
1826 - 1834
Died in a terrible drowning accident
May she rest in peace"

They say that to this day poems about little Fionna Flin are told around rural Ireland. One goes as follows -

"Only eight years old
yet already chosen by the Lord,
Little Fionna Flin
And this is how her story is told.

"After Sunday School one morn,
Despite her mother's words
She stayed to chase butterflies
And watch the colorful birds.

Then by the river bank
She lost balance, tripped and fell.
In the icy cold water her screams never heard,
As the chappel rang its large bells.

Today, by the chappel, she still collects lillies,
So the legends talk of her spirit.
And you walk by late at night,
You just might be able to hear it."

Aedrais
October 9th, 2004, 04:00 PM
I'm going to try to revamp the old ghost story I wrote a few years back- I used to want to get it published, back in grade 6 or so. :D

unicornlightining
October 9th, 2004, 04:27 PM
so far I'm likeing it! come on people lets get really scary, I dare you.

Smiley Girl
October 10th, 2004, 10:08 PM
I'm workin' on it! I swear! It's hard. I just found out about it today, so give me a break! hehehehe

Rua
October 11th, 2004, 07:14 PM
Cool! I love writing. Although I am currently suffering from writers block but hopefully I will be able to think of something!

Linx
October 13th, 2004, 05:13 PM
The night was dark and the air carried a heavy fog upon it. The newlyweds made their way down the quiet lonely road. The full moon was barely visible as they traveled along on this autumn night.
"It is almost peaceful, is it not, Delila?" The man asked his new bride.
"Yes, in an eerie kind of way." His wife replied.

As they continues on their way an impossible to discern growl could be hear in the distance. Pairs of yellow glowing eyes could be seen in the woods on either side of the road.
Seeing his wife's discomfort he shrugged and simply said "No worries, Love, 'tis only the wild wolves. It is their mating season you see." His wife relaxed a little.
"The town is not far away now. My family will be happy with our visit, and very happy to lay eyes on you." He said.
"Oh, Dear Alton, I sure hope you're right." She replied.

A short while later a tower could be seen above a small wood of trees. Dalila sighed a breath of relief. The journey had been a long one, taking three full days. She was ready for a real bath and a warm bed. Their horses were exhausted.
They pulled into a gravel drive and were approaching an exquisite home. Towers and buttresses lined with gargoyles took her breath away.
"Is your family royalty?" She asked.
"Oh no, sweet Delila, of course not. They just know how to live." He said.

As their carriage came to a halt, a middle aged woman came running through the doors and down the front steps.
"Alton! Alton! You have finally arrived! And my, your wife is more beautiful than your letters told." She said.
"Yes, she is. Delila, love, I would like to introduce you to my mother." He said.

Delila could not have been more shocked. This woman could not possibly be old enough to have a child Alton's age. But she kept her tongue in check. Her thoughts to herself.

Later that night freshly bathed and in bed with her husband, Delila had time to reflect on his family. Sure they were all very, very kind, and extremely loving. But something was out of place. They were all so extremely youthful. How odd she thought.
She turned her thoughts in a different direction. She had been informed that tomorrow there would be a great feast in her honor. She had thoughts of the festivities to ensue, and fell into a peaceful sleep.

The next morning, not only Alton's family, but the whole town was a buzz with the evening's event. This was to be a grand event indeed. Delila had never been more excited, or more in love.
Alton's family had gifted her with a magnificent blue gown to wear that night. Alton, himself had gifted her with a sapphire and pearl necklace. She felt like a princess. The evening would surely be one to remember!

As the night came in Delila was led into a small sitting room. She was told that she was to remain in the room until she had been announced.
"I will wait with anticipation." She told Alton's mother.
"I am sure you will dear. The rest of the family and the town cannot wait to ea... meet you." Said Alton's mother as she quickly closed the door.

Delila stared at the closed door in disbelief. Then dread filled her as she heard the lock click into place. She could not have heard what she thought she heard. She could not have seen the evil in Alton's mother's eyes. That was absurd! The locked door was just to keep her a secret a little bit longer. Wasn't it?
Alton would come soon and all would be well. She just knew it. He loved her, and she loves him. But he never came.

Delila sat in the dark sobbing. Her candles had long ago burned out. As she fought to control her fear, she wondered of the time. As if on cue, the church bells began to chime. She counted the chimes.
Oh, my! It was already midnight. Where was Alton, and just what was going to happen? Before she could finish all her terrible thoughts, a wall of the room began to move. Delila stepped back.
The wall moved aside to reveal a set of iron bars. The bars separated her from a room full of yellow, evil eyed people. Recognizing Alton and his family among them, she choked off a scream.
"Alton! She screamed at him. "What is this? Why am I here? I don't understand!"
"Oh, Delila, what is not to understand? He replied. You are our guest of honor, and our main course."

Delila was horrified. Her fears were confirmed. They did plan ot eat her. Oh, dear god!
"Alton, but why?" Her voice not much more than a whisper. "You love me, I love you."
"Of course I love you. Otherwise I would not gift you to my family. Your loving me makes it that much easier. It is pure." He said. "For you have to come into the town of your own accord."

He took a step forward, separating himself from the crowd.
"You see, my family has to eat. The whole town has to eat. Once a year we must feast on a young parturient woman." He said. "To keep our youth, beauty and lives. The woman must be pure and with one of our own."

Delila was aghast. She backed up, her body quivering, her head shaking. "No,no!"
"That's right, Love. You are with child," He smiled. "Your nievety made that so much easier. You had not a clue." He spoke above the crowd.

Delila was sobbing hysterically, her head still shaking as he opwned the iron bars. "But I loved you." She mumbled.
Alton raised his arms, and the crowd behind him grew silent. The last calm to be heard that night. "I love you, Delila."
He lowered his arms and the now ravenous crowd decended upon Delila. Her screams and wails of pain edged them on and carried into the night.
Joviality ensued, the feast over, every creature content.

It was a glorious summer day. The two lovers stood side by side. The clouds overhead played peek-a-boo with the sun. The minister used his hand to shade his eyes.
"Do you Marion, take this man to be your wedded husband?" The minister asked.
"I do." Replied the beautiful smiling woman.
A brief pause and the minister turned to the man.
"And do you Alton, take this woman to be your wedded wife?" He asked.
"Of course, I do." The man replied. A quick spark gleamed in his eyes as he licked his lips, went unnoticed.
"Then I now pronounce you, man and wife."

THE END

Gebo
October 15th, 2004, 04:52 PM
Very nice. Loved the ending.

Iris
October 19th, 2004, 08:30 AM
Hey guys, there are some really great stories here...yours made me shiver, Morr! And I really loved yours, Linx, it was so creepy!

Loki Panwit, your story made me think of Lord of the Rings :lol:

"My preciousssss...." :lol:

Amethyst Rose
October 22nd, 2004, 03:25 PM
Hey everyone....Just a reminder that today is the deadline for the contest!!

Linx
October 24th, 2004, 04:28 PM
Ok, so who is the winner? Hehe:)

AuroraSilvermist
October 24th, 2004, 04:31 PM
Ok, so who is the winner? Hehe:)

Geeeeze, Linx! We just closed the thing on Saturday. Give us a little time to make a QUALITY judging decision. :whatgives :lol:

*tease!*

*runs away...*

Linx
October 24th, 2004, 05:14 PM
muahahaha :)

AuroraSilvermist
October 24th, 2004, 05:51 PM
She's comin' for me! And she's packin' a meeeaaaaan wedgie!

Hurry up, prelim judges! Linx is getting restless. :hairraise

Linx
October 25th, 2004, 06:57 AM
You see my days and times are all messed up at the moment. When I posted the initial question... I was thinking the contest had ended about 5 days ago, LOL. Your post made me check the dates. But then I was still feeling um, hmm punchy?

But hmmm, a wedgie doesn't sound like a bad idea either, hehe. For you of course, only kidding. Well, unless you reallly want one. :)

Linx
November 2nd, 2004, 02:43 PM
:heybaby: :abadpoker

AuroraSilvermist
November 2nd, 2004, 05:48 PM
It's comin', it's comin'! Some of my judges didn't come through with their preliminary selections. We'll try to have it decided by the end of the week! :D

AuroraSilvermist
November 11th, 2004, 10:14 AM
Bump! Just want everyone to see who our winner is. :D (See first post.)

RhiamonButterfly
November 11th, 2004, 11:00 AM
Congrats semicivilizedman!!!!!!!! Your story was awesome!!!!!

Morr
November 11th, 2004, 12:17 PM
congrats!!!!!!!!!

:D

Tzhebee
November 11th, 2004, 12:23 PM
:clapping: Good job SCM!

semi
November 11th, 2004, 04:27 PM
Wow! Thank you. Very very nice. I don't know what to say. I'm glad you liked the story. I thought all the stories were good and my own story was not my favorite in the contest. I thought one of the other stories would win. Well, thank you. I'm glad that HaM gets a donation, too. Great idea! Lets have more contests like this.

Sowelu
February 14th, 2005, 08:23 PM
Wow! Thank you. Very very nice. I don't know what to say. I'm glad you liked the story. I thought all the stories were good and my own story was not my favorite in the contest. I thought one of the other stories would win. Well, thank you. I'm glad that HaM gets a donation, too. Great idea! Lets have more contests like this.
Congrats Semi!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Where's the story...I can't seem to find it....

Sowelu
February 14th, 2005, 08:59 PM
Awesome Semi!!!!! I wanna see the movie now!:smooch:

DragonMom
May 18th, 2005, 11:47 PM
Ok I know this contest has been over for some time... but if it ever gets started up again, please let me know - I'd like to enter!

thanx - DragonMom