PDA

View Full Version : Cats and linoleum

elfoala
October 8th, 2004, 02:50 PM
Until we were able to get carpets on our floors our Russian Blue/Siamese mix would go through the Madness and try braking on the floor. It took him a while before he realized that you can't slow or stop without slamming into something. Now that we have rugs down it has helped a lot.

elfoala

ObsidianSunrise
October 8th, 2004, 08:15 PM
My cats go through this too in the kitchen. We live in a trailer house and to get from one end of the trailer to the other you have to make an L in the kitchen to continue down the hall way. My Siamese will hear my husband in the bedroom, take off running, hit the linoleum and slide into the front of the stove everytime. He used to get up and act embarrassed about it, but now he will yeowl at me as if I put the stove in his way before taking off again! LOL

Arinya
October 8th, 2004, 08:25 PM
We have wooden floors but the same thing happens to my kitty! We have a long living room so we throw her fake mouse toys and she's chasing after them and tries to stop at them but slides about 3 feet farther. She's gotten really good at spinning so now she doesn't slide into things but it's still cute, heh.