PDA

View Full Version : Tooth Problem

Danustouch
August 28th, 2001, 11:42 AM
Hey guys. I have an impacted wisdom tooth. I don't have dental insurance, and the only low cost clinic around here can't fit me in for another couple of days. Meanwhile, I have a fever from the infection of the wisdom tooth, and the gland in my throaght on that side, is all swollen and sore. I know that Clove Oil helps numb tooth pain...but...do you guys know of any natural antibiotics/anti inflammatories etc, that I can take for the other symptoms? Ironically..it's not the tooth that hurts so bad right now...it's uncomfortable, but it doesn't hurt terribly. It's mainly just the swollen gland in my throaght, and my ear (all caused by the infection in my impacted wisdom tooth). Anyone have any advice to get me through until I get to see the Dentist and have it taken out?

loopy
August 28th, 2001, 02:52 PM
Poor Danus... :( For the fever, take a warm bath and then wrap yourself in a towel and lie down-- the heat and sweating should help your fever break.

I'm not sure about the tooth. :(

Feel better!

Danustouch
August 28th, 2001, 03:02 PM
Thanks loop...I think i'm going to go take a bath in a little bit..and then take a nap, (again)...Please light a candle or say a prayer or something. I'm hoping the dentist can see me and put me on an antibiotic for it in the next 24 hrs..before it gets much worse. Thanks.

loopy
August 28th, 2001, 03:07 PM
Good thoughts to you and your tooth! :):):)

wichy1692
August 28th, 2001, 03:17 PM
For fevers over 102 degrees, bathe with tepid infusions of yarrow, limeflower, elderflower or chamomile to lower the temperature. These can also be taken as teas to help fight infection. Catnip, lemonbalm, ground ivy, hyssop, vervain, peppermint, and meadowsweet are also beneficial as teas or tinctures. You can also add echinacea and garlic for added benefits.
As far as tooth pain, clove oil is excellent... as you know, but some alternatives are:
tincture of echinacea
chew on prickly ash bark or powder it and mix with water to make a paste, and apply
or take any one of these as teas or tinctures: hops, valerian, wild lettuce, or skullcap.
Those should help to ease the pain.
Good Luck and Blessed Be! I hope you are free from your suffering very soon!

********You may want to call your primary care provider as they will often prescribe antibiotics until you can see a dentist... they can often refer you for emergency dental care as well! ********

Lavender
August 28th, 2001, 03:18 PM
Off the top of my head, I would suggest a tea of willowbark, feverfew, marshmallow root, & chamomile to help with the fever & pain. I hope you can get in to see your dentist soon. :(

EasternPriest
August 29th, 2001, 12:14 AM
The clove oil also works as a local antiseptic. Another thing you can do for local cleansing is to mix hydrogen peroxide 50/50 with warm water. Just don't use it straight..way too strong for inflamed gums.

Wiccan Maeve
August 29th, 2001, 02:50 PM
I don't have any suggestions for you, but with all the ones you've gotten so far something is bound to help. I do send you some healing energy though.

Love & light,
HoneyDreads