PDA

View Full Version : recipes!

willowfairy
August 28th, 2001, 01:53 PM
a tread for *healthy* recipes! on my request, keep them simple. i can't cook very well. :ugh: i'l start. :D

cucumber sandwich (this is TOO simple! :))

you need:

2 slices of bread
mayo
a cucumber
:rolleyes:

do:

toast the bread
spread mayo on them
cut up kinda thin slices of cucumber and put them on the bread.

enjoy! i think they're really good.

Illuminatus
August 28th, 2001, 05:58 PM
Here is my solution to overeating.

Don't keep any food in the house!

It's the best, but I think it only works if you are a bacchelor like me. But the only food I have are condiments and cheerios. And I can't even eat the cheerios unless I pick up milk. heh, it really cuts down on your snacking if there is nothing there to snack on!

- Illuminatus!

loopy
August 28th, 2001, 06:06 PM
That's weird-- for me, it's the opposite-- when the fridge is full, I can stay away. It's when it's empty that I want something.

snappyglitz
August 28th, 2001, 08:25 PM
healthful, affordable, tasty, 15 minutes from start to table recipes
available very soon from SNAPPYGLITZ at allstressedup.com.
Recipes are free!
fitness guru and physical trainer by profession,my creative outlet is gourmet cooking....until i was 19, i thought that kitchens came with cooks and staff! Boy was i in for an awakening!!! At the innocent age of 19, a dear friend (CordonBlu Chef) took me under his wing and the rest is history!

Real art is the absolutely amazing natural creations of the gods and goddesses!....broccolli! tofu! peaches!! (yummmmy) vino! pasta! garlic! olives! pecans! .....all from the good earth and ready to visit your tummy via your kitchen.

luv and blessings to all of you! this site has been so helpful to me, as i discovered my true path in early January of this year!

Can hardly wait for my first Samhain!!!

mythril
August 29th, 2001, 01:18 AM
congratulations Snapy, have a wonderful samhain:)

i have a recipe for mead and crescent cakes, ill try find them and post them up. Wonderful to include in full moon ceremonies or to simply honour the divine on full moon.

Lavender
August 29th, 2001, 03:17 AM
Does anyone have a super simple recipe for apple pie? I'm baking-challenged & have not found a recipe for apple pie that I can't ruin.

Danustouch
August 29th, 2001, 02:59 PM
I bake pretty well..but when it comes to pies..I always flub them. My mother tells me that the only way to learn to bake a pie, is to keep trying. It's an art form. I guess it doesn't help that my mom is one of those.."pinch of this, tad of that" type bakers. I need EXACT recipes, darrnit.

Hellfire
August 30th, 2001, 09:54 PM
Originally posted by Illuminatus
Here is my solution to overeating.

Don't keep any food in the house!

It's the best, but I think it only works if you are a bacchelor like me. But the only food I have are condiments and cheerios. And I can't even eat the cheerios unless I pick up milk. heh, it really cuts down on your snacking if there is nothing there to snack on!

- Illuminatus!

I think thats a bad idea because pizza is a phone call away. If you want to snack fine, thats cool..... health snacks like fruit and veggies. stay away from high carb snacks like chips and
low fat/fat free because fat adds flavor, thay take away the fat and add suger.

mythril
August 31st, 2001, 01:35 AM
there is a big grocery store right behind my work.

bad idea, my metabilism is to fast for me to gain weight but it still is not nice apart from the fact that you spend tons of money there and eat the most unhealthy food.

but anyway.

Shy Hawk
September 5th, 2001, 11:48 PM
I took a few cooking classes and did great when it was step by step...I go home and try to bake a cherry pie and whoosh....well needless to say it wasn't pretty. I think I'm just horribly co-dependant.

I bake best when I have someone I love close by....have you ever tried cooking with a significant other at your side? Helping you measure and stir, and giving you little kisses between every other step? That works really well......(till you get dumped....*whimper* :( ).....I just don't let go...heh..

Niamh
September 10th, 2001, 10:43 AM
I don't make apple pie, but I do make apple crisp. I'm at work now, but when I get home, I'll post the recipe. It's really fantastic, and I like it better than pie.
Apples, cinnamon, sugar, brown sugar, butter and oats are really all you need.... I'll get it up here!

Lavender
September 10th, 2001, 03:55 PM
Mmmmmm! That sound delicious! It's like eating the insides of the apple pie without the hassle of making the crust!

Niamh
September 10th, 2001, 04:28 PM
Exactly!;)

Niamh
September 10th, 2001, 04:34 PM
Ingredients:
1 Cup packed brown sugar
1 Tablespoon cinnamon
3 1/2 pounds apples; peeled, cored and sliced

Topping
1 Cup flour
1 Cup sugar
1 Cup (2 sticks) chilled butter cut into pieces
a handful of oats

Preheat oven to 450 degrees F
Butter a 13x9x2 inch baking dish (or any other fairly large one you have on hand). Combine brown sugar and cinnamon in a large bowl. Add apples and toss. Transfer apples to prepared dish.

Combine flour, sugar, oats and butter in a medium bowl. Using a pastry blender, fork or fingertips, blend ingredients until a coarse meal forms. Spread/sprinkle mixture over apples.

Bake 20 minutes. Reduce oven temperature to 350 degrees F.
Bake until apples are tender and topping is brown, about 30 minutes.

Let stand 15 minutes before serving.

This is yummy! Sometimes a take a knife and take a few stabs at it when it comes out of the oven to release steam. Them apples sure get hot!

Lavender
September 10th, 2001, 06:27 PM
Thanks, Niamh! I've copied it out and going to try this for dessert tonight. :D