PDA

View Full Version : Rune No. 4: Asuz

Loki
August 28th, 2001, 06:37 PM
With a request to Rick I thought I would give the next rune a go.

I don't readily have a picture of the rune so if someone could supply that, that would be great!

Asuz: Odin

Divinitory meanings can be seen as: Leader, Justice, Shaman, a mind and body balance, a need for careful thought along with the advice of someone (Usually an elder or someone who knows a thing or two :) ).

OK the floor is open for discussion, let me know how I did.

:)

mol
August 29th, 2001, 10:05 AM
I always saw Odin as the perfect balance of human and God. Sorry...just had to throw that in there...

Emy
August 29th, 2001, 02:40 PM
Is Asuz the same as Ansuruz, or Ass?

Anyways here comes some info on Ansuruz

Stands for: divine interference and inspiration, Ass (Ansuruz) is also the airs rune. And in swedish it is also called luftrunan which means the air rune. Stands for the spirit and communication, both singing and talking, but also the communication that leads us to our higher self. Ass asks you to listen to your inner voice, the better we know ourselves the better we can handle different situations...
Reversed it stands for: loss of contact with your inner voice. that one is looking for answers without oneself when one should look inside oneself.

Wear this rune when you wish to strengthen your inner voice and when you are looking for new insights.

Tarot correspondence: the moon.

Rick
August 29th, 2001, 06:19 PM
yeah, I know, that was politically ingrammatical, or something like that... :ugh:

I think the best interpretation of Ansuz is Breath of Odin. When you read the Runes, or chant their names as you're carving them, you are speaking with the Breath of Odin. Ansuz is a Rune of communication, both on the mundane level & with the Divine. In a spread or layout, it can signify the presence of Odin (the Divine) around the matter (Ansuz is Odin personified); to listen to the 'inner voices'; to be open to communications or messages or 'new information'on the mundane level.

Ansuz is an Odin Rune. It corresponds with the element Air, & the color light blue.

Mol, interesting observation.

Emy, I can't say it enough... I just LOVE when you give the Swedish names of the Runes... 'course, I love you're insights, too. :smooch:

Emy
August 30th, 2001, 03:08 AM

Silver Venus
August 30th, 2001, 07:19 AM
I think the best interpretation of Ansuz is Breath of Odin. When you read the Runes, or chant their names as you're carving them, you are speaking with the Breath of Odin. Ansuz is a Rune of communication, both on the mundane level & with the Divine. In a spread or layout, it can signify the presence of Odin (the Divine) around the matter (Ansuz is Odin personified); to listen to the 'inner voices'; to be open to communications or messages or 'new information'on the mundane level.

Yeah Ive heard that too :) and just wanted to quote ya because I think thats soo great!
& Used to call this rune 'Ass' like Emy ~ and thought it was funny and fitting ~ it fits as it is an opening rune to open yourself to something that needs understanding.

This rune is all about communication ~ inner and outer, past and present, it is also a great shaman rune as Odin was the first shaman and so can mean to me that the querrant has powers or needs to explore and look deeper to explore these powers of nature.
Ansuz can be used to give power to the wearer for speach and confidence, and can also help with healing breathing problems and headaches.
I think its fits the Moon in the tarot deck but also the magician as this rune is about power, exploration and communication.

Silver Venus
September 13th, 2001, 09:51 AM
Any more comments before we move onto the next rune ~ Raido?

Myst
September 13th, 2001, 10:12 AM
In my set it is called Ansur, and is known as "mouth", which really ties in to the comments made about communication.

According to my book, this rune can suggest that the querent will undergo an enlightening experience. It can be thought of as inspirational, and might also imply that the querent will face an interview or test, or take a journey. It also suggests that the querent deliberate very carefully before making a decision or that they take the advice of elders...

Silver Venus
September 13th, 2001, 10:25 AM
Yeah! I often get that this is a 'telling' rune ~ to tell you to open up and take advice. Aswell as a transformation rune.

Mouth is a great one I will have to remember ~ thanks Willow :)

Myst
September 13th, 2001, 10:27 AM
Yay!

I'm very glad to join in, Silver :)

Silver Venus
September 13th, 2001, 10:34 AM
I thought everyone had up left these discussions.. I try and get Raido up next, tomorrow.. if you want to start it ~ please go right ahead :)

Just thought something...
Opening.. Ass and Mouth.. Its so silly but I had to comment..

Myst
September 13th, 2001, 11:12 AM
hehe

Flar's Freyja
July 31st, 2003, 01:51 AM
Ansuz is associated with the sabbat Lammas, or in the Celtic language, Lughnassad along with Thurisaz and Uruz. Lugh is a Celtic solar god similar to Odin. Ansuz represents Odin in his aspect of inspiration seen as a solar attribute and Uruz the raw, primitive, fiery urge. Thurisaz is associated with thunderstorms and the god Thor, and the protective strength between Odin and the giants. This series of runes could be interpreted in a psychological manner, with Uruz being the primal fire, Ansuz the higher function of the intellect and Thurisaz mediating conflict and interaction between the two.

specialkaj
December 30th, 2009, 04:56 PM
if this is ansuz
the first post with the odin thing makes alot of sense to me frommy knowledge or runes( very little) i understand this rune to be for answers or seeking advice and odin falls perfectly with this because of the whole hanging and eye gouging for knowledge right?

hearthcrafter
March 9th, 2010, 10:55 PM
I've actually been wearing Ansuz tucked into the cup of my bra recently after a bullying situation at work with my employer. Originally I did this as a call for guidance and protection from Odin, who I'm starting to get to know. Ironically though, reading it's many other meanings I have noticed I have been more confident and ready to verbally stand up for myself when needed. I've also turned inwards since the incident happend and I started wearing Ansuz on my person and I've recieved a lot of inspiration in regards to solving the issue at work, too.

Just thought I'd share!

Twilight Siren
April 18th, 2010, 02:03 PM
I've actually been wearing Ansuz tucked into the cup of my bra recently after a bullying situation at work with my employer. Originally I did this as a call for guidance and protection from Odin, who I'm starting to get to know. Ironically though, reading it's many other meanings I have noticed I have been more confident and ready to verbally stand up for myself when needed. I've also turned inwards since the incident happend and I started wearing Ansuz on my person and I've recieved a lot of inspiration in regards to solving the issue at work, too.

Just thought I'd share!

Hey, you use what works, right?! :thumbsup: