PDA

View Full Version : I finally did it!

Theres
October 16th, 2004, 01:21 AM
yesterday (the New Moon), i got my tattoo!
i'd been tweaking the design for some time, and was finally ready a couple of weeks ago. i made the appointment and everything.
but the night before i got to thinking about how i'd tried to make the design and everything involved as magickal as possible throughout, and here i was just picking a day at random! so i decided to wait until the New Moon, and yesterday i went in and got it done. it came out really good too. that was my biggest concern... not that it would hurt or anything like that (i figure that's part of the 'price'), just that it wouldn't be perfect.

but i'm happy with it, and can't wait to get it finished (some lettering) some time in the future.

SilverClaw
October 16th, 2004, 01:36 AM
yeah well when do we get to see it:fpoke: hmmmmmm?

Theres
October 16th, 2004, 02:48 AM
i can scan the design tomorrow (i think), but i'm not sure when i can get a digital picture... hopefully soon!

Maiden Zafirbel
October 16th, 2004, 03:59 PM
oOO! i can't wait to see a pic! i LOVE tattoos.. i have a butterfly right now (i got it when i was going through a transformation in my life) next.. i'm getting wings.. and then.. the god and goddess (and a few more after that too) .. they are soo addicting! :D lol

Hellenic_Witch
October 16th, 2004, 07:19 PM
Can you describe the tattoo? I'm so curious since you put so much thought into it.

Theres
October 16th, 2004, 10:53 PM
sure...
basically, it's Hekate's Wheel flanked by two torches. the left-hand torch has a dark flame, the right-hand torch has a light flame. the wheel is just over two inches in diameter, and the torches are about the same length and i had it done on my upper left arm.
eventually i will add 'Ekata above (arched), and en erebos phos below (straight).

i wasn't able to get the design scanned yet, but i'll post that or a picture as soon and i get one.
and this was my first tattoo! :)

mara
October 16th, 2004, 10:58 PM
I have been thinking of getting a tattoo as well..Hecate's wheel in fact. I'm just not sure though. I don't want to get one until it feels absolutely right. I'm looking forward to seeing pictures of your tattoo Theres.

Theres
October 17th, 2004, 02:34 PM
here's a scan of the design...

Jenne
October 17th, 2004, 02:35 PM
Oohh, nice! _handclapp

Djinn
October 17th, 2004, 02:51 PM
Wow, great tat! It's a beautiful design. What do the words you want to put around it mean?

Hellenic_Witch
October 17th, 2004, 03:01 PM
I love it! It's perfect!!!

Theres
October 17th, 2004, 03:20 PM
thanks all!

Wow, great tat! It's a beautiful design. What do the words you want to put around it mean?
'Ekata is "Hekate", and en erebos phos is "in darkness, light".