PDA

View Full Version : Argh

Yvonne Belisle
October 17th, 2004, 07:47 AM
My son is seven. For the first three years of his life he coslept with me and his father. When I tossed out his father and my husband moved in he had my son move from my bed. My son started sleeping on his own bed in his brothers room. This seemed to work well if he got spooked he just climbed in with his brother instead. Well now we have a big house with five bedrooms and we are trying to put him in his own room. HA this is a joke. We have been here for a week and all of the kids wanted to camp in the livingroom so I let them. Well now I am working on getting all of them in their rooms since they have beds in each room now. After four hours my son comes in "mommy can I nuggle up with you?" I let him since my hubbie is drilling this weekend. I can forsee this is going to take a while and I am going to find him in everyone elses room in the mornings for a while. If anyone has some ideas to make it easier on him let me know. Thank you all.

lovemy1dane
October 17th, 2004, 08:01 AM
Maybe you could let him have a radio playing in his room, maybe he won't feel as lonely. Also, maybe you can decorate his room (if money allows) the way he wants it. He might want to be in there more. Is his room next to yours? I d not have a many ideas, I never let my kids co-sleep unless they were really sick.(They never wanted to sleep with us either.Have you told him that big boys sleep in their own rooms? good luck Hon. I am sure others will have better ideas since alot of people do let their kids co-sleep.

Ceres
October 17th, 2004, 08:39 AM
we did cosleeping. dont sweat it, they all find their own beds in their own time - my middle child took longer than his younger brother to be comfortable in his own room and he still hates falling asleep alone. i do too so i guess its not the end of the world. i would rather have kids that look for comfort in other people rather than things.
do any of your other kids want to share a room with him? maybe they dont care so much about being all alone either?

MorningDove030202
October 17th, 2004, 08:44 AM
My son cosleeps with us, but he has his own room, and a crib. The crib is for nap time, and for going to bed before we do. Then if he gets up in the middle of night, he comes in bed with us, and for the most part this works. But he is getting bigger (he's 2 1/2) and we would like to get a bed for him soon and perhapse have him stay in it more.... Also, we are progressing with the potty training and he's been calling for the potty in the middle of the night..... it all adds up to us waking up in the middle of the night, and I'm going to be starting a full time job in January, and then I'll need my sleep!

Anyway... new home, huh? I think it takes some time to get used to how the new house sounds. I remember that the noises of the water pump was odd to me because I've always had city water until now. Maybe a special blanket would help your son feel safe in his bed. And some "white noise" might cover up any strainge new house noises. Is something actualy scaring him or spooking him a bit? I'd ask him about and talk about maybe where the noises are coming from.

Dove

Yvonne Belisle
October 18th, 2004, 02:38 AM
Well his room is next to ours. I also find that his oldest brother who is 15 has the radio on low all night he can't sleep without it. Michael has a special stuffed animal and so far I think he is asleep in his own room. Then again I thought the middle boy who is 14 was asleep in his own room and found him asleep in the livingroom closet. :eyebrow: Took an hour to find him I was nearly having a panic attack when we did. Sometimes when my hubbie isn't home all the kids and I will curl up together and pass out. Usually to a movie lol.