PDA

View Full Version : Aromatherapy Dishes

blueiris
October 17th, 2004, 07:31 PM
Okay, so I just looked at my aromatherapy dish, where you put the oils in and put it over the candle, and it's all stick from the essential oils. I've soaked it in hot, soapy water and scratched some of it off, but not all of it is coming off. Any help? Also, how can I prevent this?
Thanks.

Blair
October 17th, 2004, 07:50 PM
don't know how to fix it, windex maybe? but i don't have that problem i always put plenty of water in it and don't let it evaporate all the way. you might wanna keep that in mind for prevention if you don't do that already. also, is the dish glass or ceramic of some kind or something else?

Aidron
October 17th, 2004, 07:51 PM
Okay, so I just looked at my aromatherapy dish, where you put the oils in and put it over the candle, and it's all stick from the essential oils. I've soaked it in hot, soapy water and scratched some of it off, but not all of it is coming off. Any help? Also, how can I prevent this?
Thanks.

Gross, isn't it? I discovered (by sheer accident mind you) that if you add more oil (does not necessarily need to be the same scent) and go about using it normally, then return to swirl it a bit (may be tricky depending on the dish you have) it loosens up like grease soaked in dish detergant for 4 hours or something. Then I dump it out.

Unfortunately, I'm afraid that's all the help I can offer you, because since I discovered that very early on I never bothered learning a different method for cleaning them or preventing it.

blueiris
October 17th, 2004, 08:15 PM
It's glass - and yeah, putting water in it would help, I can be so stupid sometimes
Thank you both for the tips!

Blair
October 17th, 2004, 08:36 PM
i always put steaming hot water with several drops of the oil and I don't have any problems

Faery-Wings
October 18th, 2004, 07:25 AM
Most oils will be better "dissolved" in somethin ghigh in fat. For ex, if you get eo's in your eyes, you should rinse it with milk, not water. (Interesting tidbit, eh? LOL) I'd say put in a bit of veggie oil and warm that, see if that helps. Wash it real good after it cools.

Romani Vixen
October 18th, 2004, 08:49 PM
try rubbing alcohol.