PDA

View Full Version : Digital Painting: Shayla

AuroraSilvermist
October 20th, 2004, 01:31 AM
I'm going to call this done, although my guess would be that I'll fiddle with it again before too long. For some reason I can't resist tweaking endlessly, and I never know when to call something finished.

This is a portrait of my daughter, Shayla, who is 7 years old and full of attitude. (That miffed expression she wears in the portrait is part of her repetoire.) This portrait was done entirely in Paint Shop Pro 8, with a mouse and no Wacom tablet (although I really, REALLY want one!) This is the first time I've actually done a digital painting from the ground up. I have done photo manips, pixel dolls, and signatures...but never anything of this scope and size. It was quite a project!

Constructive criticism is welcome. :)

Jenne
October 20th, 2004, 01:46 AM
She totally looks like you! I love it AS! WTG! :D

AuroraSilvermist
October 20th, 2004, 02:33 AM
Thank you so much for the compliment. :hugz:

Funny that people say she looks like me! Most people think she looks more like my husband, although I think she does look quite a bit like my mom, too. But then...I don't look like my mom; I look like my dad. Aaaah, genetics! :lol:

This is the pic I used as a reference, in case anyone's interested. Terrible lighting, plus she was it was a hot day and she was overheated, so I did the best I could. hehe