PDA

View Full Version : Is there anything to this?

RubyRose
October 20th, 2004, 04:08 AM
Okay, lately I've noticed that my cat seems to be very connected to me. She has bonded to me in a way all our other pets never did. The closest I've come to having this kind of affection and contentment in an animal was with my rat Rowan.
I don't know whether it has something to do with the fact I'm the only person who is around home the most, since my mother is now in hospital or whether its something more.
She seems to be content just to watch me, and I almost think that she's looking out for me, guarding me almost. She seems interested in the computer, as she seems to be watching the screen, if she were human, I'd say she was looking over my shoulder.
Sorry, I've never had cats before, who knows, maybe she's just an overly affectionate cat.
Bendithion,
RubyRose

Seren_
October 20th, 2004, 04:15 AM
Cats can be very sensitive to change and stress...She's probably just picking up on the crap you're going through right now and curious about what's going on. Some cats can be very caring (and others are just psycho).

RubyRose
October 20th, 2004, 04:18 AM
Cats can be very sensitive to change and stress...She's probably just picking up on the crap you're going through right now and curious about what's going on. Some cats can be very caring (and others are just psycho).

Yeah most likely. Guess I've just picked up a lot more on it, since my mothers been away.

Thanks Seren :hugz:

Faeawyn
October 20th, 2004, 10:10 AM
Also, some cats can get a little more affectionate and relaxed as they get older :whatgives: But I agree with Seren....your kitty is probably just picking up on stuff and sticking close to you for comfort :)

vegatog
October 20th, 2004, 11:33 AM
I wouldn't overanalyze it. Just be grateful that you have a cat that at least seems interested in you, and enjoy her company!

Djinn
October 20th, 2004, 11:38 AM
I have two cats and both of them really pick up on my moods. A couple of days ago I was crying (a friend of mine is very ill) and both cats jumped onto my bed and pressed themselves against me, purring. It seemed they just wanted to comfort me. They've been keeping an eye on me since then...following me around the house, staying close. I think they're looking out for me.

RubyRose
October 20th, 2004, 11:57 PM
Thanks guys.

zakzekezedd
October 21st, 2004, 02:06 PM
Cats are very sensitive creatures. For all of their independence and aloofness, they are capable of forming very deep and lasting bonds with people and other animals. If I'm having a really stressful time my mob all pile round..even my "shy" kitties who normally don't seek too much contact. Don't worry too much about the "whys" just let her know you appreciate her company. You didn't post the question, but since the post is here and not in Critter Talk..I'm guessing you were wondering if maybe kitty might be a potential familiar? Give the relationship time and room to grow. Especially if she starts showing a real interest in you when you meditate, or do any sort of ritual work then that might be possible. Then again, she may just realize that you need a little extra "energy" right now and is helping you out that way.

Seren_
October 21st, 2004, 03:52 PM
Cats are very sensitive creatures. For all of their independence and aloofness, they are capable of forming very deep and lasting bonds with people and other animals.

Especially if you're the one that feeds them on a regular basis :D. Hubby doesn't understand why I'm always surrounded by animals...I really do think it's because I feed them, so they expect attention from me. Any attention is good attention, but food especially.

Cats (and any other strokable animal) are a great stress reliever for humans. It's relaxing for us to look after and give attention to something that is fairly dependent on us and not too demanding (like a baby can be, say). It's like cuddling a teddy bear, but pets are more responsive...Psychologists always say that pets are "surrogate children." And the best thing is, they can't talk back...

And RubyRose, if it helps any, my mum's in rehab at the moment and in a similar (mental) situation to yours. If you'd like to pm me and offload or whatever, then I'd be happy to listen, OK?

Rubber_Piggy
October 21st, 2004, 10:34 PM

Damn straight

RubyRose
October 22nd, 2004, 02:00 AM
Thanks ...

Yeah I was thinking that Luna may be a potential familiar ... but who knows, I'll wait and see.