View Full Version : Mascara

Flar's Freyja
October 20th, 2004, 09:12 PM
I had to stop wearing mascara about four years ago. I developed a very bad case of dry eye syndrome and although my eyes were dry, they frequently watered from irritation. In addition to having to be careful with what I put on my eyes, if I wore it some days I ended up looking like a raccoon.

I always took my make-up off at night like a good girl, but did notice that it still seemed to build up on my lashes. I was never very impressed with anything I used anyway, so giving it up wasn't too difficult.

I recently started wearing it again occasionally and now notice that it makes a difference. I'm thinking that it may be a good idea to go without for a few days whenever possible as well as removing it to the best of your ability. I know that it never seemed to come completely off, and I've read that failing to remove it can result in lashes breaking off.

When I couldn't wear it, using a liner pencil helped to compensate. I still do that for my regular daily makeup and now just wear mascara for special occasions.

October 20th, 2004, 09:51 PM
have you tried an eyelash tint? some salons do them.

i have an eyelash curler. it's really great. i won't even leave my room unless i have used it and drawn in my eyebrows.