PDA

View Full Version : Making your own pot pourri question

Faery-Wings
October 22nd, 2004, 02:21 PM
I was wondering if it is possible to make your own scented pot pourri's. I sell aromatherapy products and would like to have a nice scent coming from my table. I had thought about using a oil burner and diffusing the scent. But I didn't think that was too good to have a candle going. I thought a gentle scented bowl of potpourri would be nice instead. Can you buy "unscented" pot pourri that I can scent with my own oils?

Thanx

Anubis
October 22nd, 2004, 02:57 PM
I was wondering if it is possible to make your own scented pot pourri's. I sell aromatherapy products and would like to have a nice scent coming from my table. I had thought about using a oil burner and diffusing the scent. But I didn't think that was too good to have a candle going. I thought a gentle scented bowl of potpourri would be nice instead. Can you buy "unscented" pot pourri that I can scent with my own oils?

Thanx
You sure can.. I make my own all the time. I have a company that I get some of the basic botanicals from as well as dry my own.. then mix the oils with a fixative and blend. PM me if you need sources or info. LOL... I only sell wholesale now so you aren't competition! :D

banondraig
November 30th, 2008, 08:41 PM
My homemade potpourri consists of dead leaves from all my herb plants mixed together. The scent is constantly changing. When I want to use some, I just throw it in a small saucepan on my stove and let it simmer.