PDA

View Full Version : Lesson three things you will need

SilverClaw
October 30th, 2004, 02:56 AM
REMOVED DUE TO OUTDATED MATERIAL, if you want to learn more about Runes
Please go do a search in the divination forum thanks.

SilverClaw
November 10th, 2004, 03:28 PM
REMOVED DUE TO OUTDATED MATERIAL, if you want to learn more about Runes
Please go do a search in the divination forum thanks.

SilverClaw
November 10th, 2004, 09:50 PM
Here are also the runes and the meanings for the system Macha uses http://www.mysticwicks.com/attachme...achmentid=33172 (http://www.mysticwicks.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=33172)
If you cannot read this link you can copy the attatchement into word and make it bigger that way.

And if you have any questions hopefully Macha can answer them :D

EDIT MACHA sent me this and I am adding it here.

raidho - translates as "ride"; this is the rune for travelling, spiritually or physically
gebo - translates as "gift", but meaning an exchange (because all norse gifts warranted one in return) and balance.
wunjo - joy
hagalaz - "hail" - challenges; death and rebirth.
jera - this would be the wheel of the year, as well as harvest. It's also the "karma" rune; what goes around comes around kind of thing.
perthro - "dice cup" - chance, a gamble, female sexuality
tiwaz - victory, justice.
berkano - motherhood, nurturing, female fertility
Ingwaz - literally the god Ing/Freyr - male sexuality, fertility
Othala - home, homestead, matters of the family and home

BRAN:broomride

SilverClaw
November 11th, 2004, 05:27 AM
Excerpt from RUNES
By Bran Iolair
(c) 2001- 2004

"Once you are absolutely comfortable and familiar with your runes, then you can do simple layouts for yourself and when you feel the time is right, you could progress to doing readings for others.

However, there are some guidelines I encourage you to remember when using your runes.

First; when you do a reading for someone you are taking on a very big responsibility, as a result it is very important to be professional when doing readings. Also you should make sure the person you are doing the reading for understands the information they get from a reading is just advice, nothing more or less, and it is us up to the querent if they want to follow the advice or not.

Second; whether you are doing reading for yourself or for someone else, make sure the place you are doing the reading is free from distraction. This is so that you and the person you are doing the reading for can focus on the reading, also make sure that the question that is asked is very specific.

Third; like any divination tool it is strongly advised that you donít use your runes when you are intoxicated, or while using any type of drugs (prescribed or otherwise). This is due to the fact that it could affect your interpretation of your reading. Likewise, do not do a reading for someone who is intoxicated or using drugs.

Now with that said, lets take a look at the type of spread and layouts you can use with your runes. (Spreads or layouts are the patterns in which the runes are placed to be interpretated.

There are many spreads and layouts to choose from, so here is some of the ones that I use.

ODINĒS RUNE:

Draw one rune for this spread. The purpose of this spread is to give an overview of a situation and is good to use when you need a quick answer.

THREE RUNE SPREAD:

Draw three runes from right to left (Or if you feel more comfortable left to right), as you put them face down. Then you can start the reading by turning over rune number one, which is

OVERVIEW.

(3) ACTION (2) CHALLENGE (1) OVERVIEW

OR

Another version of this spread is laid out like this.

(1) PAST (2) PRESENT (3) FUTURE

In this version you start your reading from (1) PAST.

and yet another version...

(1) (2) (3)

RUNE 1 - PROBLEM OR ISSUE.

RUNE 2 - the COURSE OF ACTION you should take.

RUNE 3 OUTCOME (if you follow the advice of the second rune).
-------

5 Rune Spread you can do like this

XX(4)XX
(1) (2) (3)
XX(5)XX

Please note due to some mess up reason this spread is not looking right the 4 should be above the 2 and the 5 below the 2.

2) PRESENT The current problem, situation or issue.

1) PAST Something from your past that caused this situation.

4) HELP This is the help (from a friend, relative, stranger or yourself) that you can expect.

5) OBSTACLES The aspects of the situation that cannot be changed and must be accepted.

3) RESULT The outcome of the spread in consideration of all the runes in the spread.

SilverClaw
November 11th, 2004, 05:38 AM
The Celtic Cross Spread
X6X
5 X4
X3X
X2X
X1X

1- What is the root of your lack of clarity?
2- How and where should you direct your enrgies?
3- What is blocking your progress?
4- What will help you overcome this blockage?
5- What are you still lacking?
6- what will be the outcome of this experience?

And one of my favorites Thor's Hammer

XX9XX
6X7X8
XX5XX
XX4XX
2XXX3
XX1XX

1- What mask do you show the world?
2- What fears are within you?
3- What are you seeking?
4- How should you best approach this?
5- What do you hope to become?
6- What is stopping you?
7- What is your destiny?
8- What do you need to learn to find your true self?
9 - What is your true self?

The World Tree

XX7XX
5XXX6
XX4XX
XX3XX
X1X2X

1- What do you need to learn?
2-What will challenge you?
3-What is your guiding rune?
4- What power will help you?
5- What comes to warn you ?
6 - What do you need to let go off?
7- What will be the outcome of learning this lesson?

Kern
November 11th, 2004, 10:53 AM
Here are also the runes and the meanings for the system Macha uses http://www.mysticwicks.com/attachme...achmentid=33172 (http://www.mysticwicks.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=33172)
If you cannot read this link you can copy the attatchement into word and make it bigger that way.

And if you have any questions hopefully Macha can answer them :D

EDIT MACHA sent me this and I am adding it here.

raidho - translates as "ride"; this is the rune for travelling, spiritually or physically
gebo - translates as "gift", but meaning an exchange (because all norse gifts warranted one in return) and balance.
wunjo - joy
hagalaz - "hail" - challenges; death and rebirth.
jera - this would be the wheel of the year, as well as harvest. It's also the "karma" rune; what goes around comes around kind of thing.
perthro - "dice cup" - chance, a gamble, female sexuality
tiwaz - victory, justice.
berkano - motherhood, nurturing, female fertility
Ingwaz - literally the god Ing/Freyr - male sexuality, fertility
Othala - home, homestead, matters of the family and home

BRAN:broomride
I have a question Teach! What are the meanings to the rest of the Runes?
Also I cant copy and paste the runes because it want allow me to.I did print yours out though and will copy them into my Divination Journel today. Would you know the AS word for divination I cant seem to remember?Or the Gaelic word?
And one more thing;Wolf I believe it was posted a pick of a Rune Cloth with designs on it will we be using that?Or do we just use whatever?

mucgwyrt
November 11th, 2004, 12:11 PM
I have a question Teach! What are the meanings to the rest of the Runes?
Also I cant copy and paste the runes because it want allow me to.I did print yours out though and will copy them into my Divination Journel today. Would you know the AS word for divination I cant seem to remember?Or the Gaelic word?
And one more thing;Wolf I believe it was posted a pick of a Rune Cloth with designs on it will we be using that?Or do we just use whatever?

The rest are posted in Bran's original post - the one's you have quoted are just the meanings which I felt were more appropriate than what bran posted :)

Anglo-Saxon "Wigleras" - a diviner.
Anglo-Saxon "Wiglung" - divination.

I dont know what Bran's planning on divination methods; I'll let her answer that one :)

Kern
November 11th, 2004, 12:21 PM
The rest are posted in Bran's original post - the one's you have quoted are just the meanings which I felt were more appropriate than what bran posted :)

Anglo-Saxon "Wigleras" - a diviner.
Anglo-Saxon "Wiglung" - divination.

I dont know what Bran's planning on divination methods; I'll let her answer that one :)
Thanks Macha! :sunny:

mucgwyrt
November 11th, 2004, 12:52 PM
Yer Welcome :D

SilverClaw
November 11th, 2004, 10:03 PM
Kern you cannot open the attatchement left click you mouse on the diagram to select it all, then paste it into word? Hmm well it was ok it was just a suggestion.

As for the Rune cloth I am still trying to get up examples of rune clothes up, but re-read http://www.mysticwicks.com/showthread.php?t=69632&page=15&pp=10&highlight=rune+cloth I am sure the posts there will answer your questions.

The rest are posted in Bran's original post - the one's you have quoted are just the meanings which I felt were more appropriate than what bran posted :) Ok lets not forget that we are talking about two sets of runes here that not only are different in the type of runes , but also thier meanings. I am not going to debate each meaning with you all because like I said before you have to rely on your intution to figure out the meaning to you. If you want the exoteric, and esoteric meanings then you can go ahead and look into that, I did wind up posting a link for that kind of stuff up above in teh previous post. However for the purpose of this part of the class my list is a starting point and YOU to get familiar with the Runes. The rest is up to you.

Kern
November 12th, 2004, 11:18 AM
Kern you cannot open the attatchement left click you mouse on the diagram to select it all, then paste it into word? Hmm well it was ok it was just a suggestion.

As for the Rune cloth I am still trying to get up examples of rune clothes up, but re-read http://www.mysticwicks.com/showthread.php?t=69632&page=15&pp=10&highlight=rune+cloth I am sure the posts there will answer your questions.

Ok lets not forget that we are talking about two sets of runes here that not only are different in the type of runes , but also thier meanings. I am not going to debate each meaning with you all because like I said before you have to rely on your intution to figure out the meaning to you. If you want the exoteric, and esoteric meanings then you can go ahead and look into that. However for the purpose of this part of the class my list is a starting point and YOU to get familiar with the Runes. The rest is up to you.

Okay I got it.But I am getting confused,Some of the Runes on there I did not make.

SilverClaw
November 12th, 2004, 12:33 PM
Kern on which list mine or Machas? Do you know what type of rune set you made ? Is there anyway you an show us which ones you have?

Also please remember I asked Macha to add this information becasue this is the system she uses and I thought some of you may have been interested in the type of system she uses that is all.

Kern
November 12th, 2004, 03:39 PM
Kern on which list mine or Machas? Do you know what type of rune set you made ? Is there anyway you an show us which ones you have?

Also please remember I asked Macha to add this information becasue this is the system she uses and I thought some of you may have been interested in the type of system she uses that is all.
I used the Elder Futhark,the one with 24 runes,not the one with the extra runes.I still havent got my pix developed sorry.

mucgwyrt
November 13th, 2004, 09:48 AM
bear in mind that not only do the names change in the different sets, but the shape of the actual rune changes, too.

Kern
November 13th, 2004, 11:36 AM
bear in mind that not only do the names change in the different sets, but the shape of the actual rune changes, too.
Yes I see that,I was like whats going on;which one to use,lol.But I am straight now.

SilverClaw
November 13th, 2004, 08:38 PM
Kern I hope that things are a bit clearer now and I am sorry for the confusion !!!

faerieridingdragons
November 24th, 2004, 09:15 PM
Ok everyone, we now have a set of runes, that are cleansed and ready to use so what is the next step in learning how to use runes? Well it is to get familiar with them so we can start the divination lesson of this class.

I hope you have something that can be used as a rune journal because it will be needed for this portion of the class. First of all as you can see in the attachment I include the name and divination meanings of the runes, but that does not mean that is the end of it. As we know one symbol may mean one thing to one person, and mean something totally to another person. The goal with this list is to develop your own meanings to the runes. Listening to your inner voice rather then having to refer to a book when you do a reading.

So with that being said I would like you to please do the following:

1) copy the attachment into your rune journal- when I say copy I mean write it not just print it out. This is because writing it out helps you to start getting familiar with the runes and reinforces what your are reading.

2) For each Rune I want you to spend about 5 minutes meditating and see what connection you make with it and what meaning you feel each rune means to you. Do not forget to record your meanings in your journal. Once you have completed them all please post your responses.

Okay,I just baked myself a new set of clay runes today.Are these the signs that I should paint on them?I made this set purposily for this class,and if this is the runes we'll be using,I want to make sure I have them painted on correctly. :bouncysmi

SilverClaw
November 24th, 2004, 11:16 PM
The ones in post number 2 are the ones you should use.:chatty:

faerieridingdragons
November 26th, 2004, 02:15 AM
thanks,will paint them this weekend.

SilverClaw
November 26th, 2004, 05:22 AM
Have fun :D

NOTE to Students : there are a couple of more spreads added to the first page of this thread, and I will be adding Thors hammer, and the World tree spread later today.

Also starting Monday we will be creating our own spreads and also interpreating readings which I will explain more later today.

Dorigen
November 26th, 2004, 01:39 PM
Hey Teach! Already read the 3 chapters. Great overview on the spreads and rune meanings, however I have some questions on the cloth.

Somewhere a little back I read it had to be white, however I didnt see any special reason for that. If its really an optional color Id go for white or red anyways :P , however I wanted to clear this little doubt first.

SilverClaw
November 26th, 2004, 03:02 PM
First of all glad to see that you are caught up with the readings:D

As for the colour of the Rune Cloth it is in my opinion that is is truly up to you. Personally normally I do not use a rune cloth, but due to circumstances now I am using a red cloth and that is simply just becuase that is what I have at this time to use.

hope that answers your question.

Lunacie
November 26th, 2004, 03:33 PM
My runes are a dark grey hematite with silver runes painted on them, I've had them for several years. I originally made a black rune cloth with the phases of the moon painted around the edges, but it was really too dark for the dark runes to show well. I've started using a white cloth because I had a nice white napkin that's a good size.

What are we doing next? Now that Thanksgiving and all the birthdays for our house are over for awhile, I'm ready to get back into the runes class. :)

SilverClaw
November 26th, 2004, 08:10 PM
Well my birthday is tommorw so I will not be posting anything new till later tonight after a prebirthday party and then on Sunday.

Lunacie
November 26th, 2004, 08:13 PM
Happy early birthday wishes ! :fpartyman

Yay, I'm finally posting wishes that aren't belated. http://mysticwicks.com/images/smilies/laugh.gif

SilverClaw
November 27th, 2004, 02:53 AM
Thank you my dear appreciate it alot :D

SilverClaw
November 27th, 2004, 04:17 AM
Ok the rest of the spreads are up and since it is a full moon tonight/early this morning i feel enrgetic and I am going to go ahead and post the next part of the lesson instead of on Sunday. so here we go.

FIRST: I want you to become comfortable with the spreads so we are going to have some practice with the three rune spread right now and we will do another one in a few days....

I am drawing the runes now for the 3 rune spread.

3 rune Spread - General reading - What guidance do I need at this time?

Remember to look at page one of this thread for the layout of the spread.

The Runes i drew:

t j o

I will post my reading in a little while.

:viking::hmmmmm:

SilverClaw
November 27th, 2004, 04:34 AM
EDIT : Finish the Divination Spreads by the end or before the end of December and we will, and we will start Rune Magick in January.

Lunacie
November 27th, 2004, 01:18 PM
Poop, I hadnít ever done the Overview layout, but when the runes fell out they were telling me the past/present/future. Canít argue with the runes, eh?

Past : Tiwaz = initiation (merkstave)

In the past, about 5 years ago I began using the runes.

Present : Fehu = spiritual riches / dynamic power (merkstave)

In the present, I havenít done any readings for over a month, my power feels low.

Future : Isa = a time to stand still

In the future, I need to continue learning and focusing my energy on my work situation. This time will pass and I will go back to doing readings for myself and others.

Does anyone else read the runes reversed (merkstave) as well as upright?

SilverClaw
November 27th, 2004, 01:28 PM
I use to but not anymore do you want me to add the reversed meanings in the beginning of the lesson?

Lunacie
November 27th, 2004, 01:42 PM
You don't have to post reversed meanings. I don't have them written in my little silver cheat book, I just figure that a reversed rune means the energies have waned or may be blocked, depending on the layout and the other runes next to it.

SilverClaw
November 27th, 2004, 07:33 PM
hmmm never thought of it that way before..

SilverClaw
November 28th, 2004, 01:58 AM
they were telling me the past/present/future

That is the way I usually do a 3 Rune spread to..

So anyone else who has a 3 rune spread post the runes you draw and post your reading. I am going to go for a bit and be back to post mine.

SilverClaw
November 28th, 2004, 03:05 AM
1)Past / Present /Future

t1- Past - I have compromised and sacrificed a lot of things for my loved ones, but it is now time to look after me and have some balance in my life.

j2- Present - It is time to complete certain things from my past and to move onto other things both on a spiritual level, and physical level

o 3 -Future3--once I have completed bringing certain things to a close and let it go it will be a time to refocus my energies and what I want to accomplish in my life

----
Ok Next the 5 Rune Spread :holycow:

SilverClaw
November 28th, 2004, 05:13 PM
ok so who is next ?

Wolfscout1
November 28th, 2004, 06:41 PM
I have read this thread several times.
And i don't get it yet. sorry. I feel dumb. maybe i'll read it another couple times and figure it out. doh me.!

Dorigen
November 28th, 2004, 10:41 PM
Hey Teach and everybody! Just finished making my rune set. Luckily its a full moon tonight so I left them charging outside.

Too bad I dont have a digital camera yet but as soon as I get one Ill post them here :) .

Also wrote the spreads but I didnt understand Thors spread quite well, could you explain it again? I dont understand the xx9x and stuff ;(

Raven Reed
November 29th, 2004, 03:14 AM
I suck at this... any comments would be appreciated.

I chose Celtic Cross Spread.

1- What is the root of your lack of clarity?
Mannaz- What I am going through right now is needed for my growth.

2- How and where should you direct your enrgies?
Hagalaz-I need to take my challenges head on.

3- What is blocking your progress?
Othalo- Family history (childhood) is blocking my progress. I have old issues to work through.

4- What will help you overcome this blockage?
Ewhaz- I need to trust in myself to overcome this blockage.

5- What are you still lacking?
Wunjo- Joy is still lacking in my life. *sniff* (But it is getting better.)

6- what will be the outcome of this experience?
Dagaz- I will come into (am coming into) the light whereas I have been hiding in the dark for several years.

Actually, that was pretty a fairly accurate assessment of what I have been going through for the last several years.

Raven Reed
November 29th, 2004, 03:17 AM
Hey Teach and everybody! Just finished making my rune set. Luckily its a full moon tonight so I left them charging outside.

Too bad I dont have a digital camera yet but as soon as I get one Ill post them here :) .

Also wrote the spreads but I didnt understand Thors spread quite well, could you explain it again? I dont understand the xx9x and stuff ;(

Congrats on finishing your runes.

The x's are just place holders so you can see where each rune number goes. Otherwise they weren't staying in the right place, and you couldn't tell where to set each rune. Forget the x's and just look at the numbers. Does that help?

Lunacie
November 29th, 2004, 10:44 AM
Ok, the assignment is to take your rune set and the meanings Bran posted in this thread, and do a three-rune reading. Decide what you want to know more about, whether it's a specific question or some situation you're dealing with. Jumble your runes together in a bag or pouch, then reach in and draw out three runes, one at a time. Look up the meanings and write down what you think they are telling you about your question or situation.

Ok the rest of the spreads are up and since it is a full moon tonight/early this morning i feel enrgetic and I am going to go ahead and post the next part of the lesson instead of on Sunday. so here we go.

FIRST: I want you to become comfortable with the spreads so we are going to have some practice with the three rune spread right now and we will do another one in a few days....

I am drawing the runes now for the 3 rune spread.

3 rune Spread - General reading - What guidance do I need at this time?

Remember to look at page one of this thread for the layout of the spread.

The Runes i drew:

t j o

I will post my reading in a little while.

http://mysticwicks.com/images/smilies2/viking.gifhttp://mysticwicks.com/images/smilies2/scratchchin.gif

silverstard
November 29th, 2004, 11:19 AM
well, I'm a bit belated, but Happy Birthday!

*goes back to studying...*

:kooky:

SilverClaw
November 29th, 2004, 05:22 PM
Dorigen congrats on the rune set you made :D And I hope that Raven Reed and Lunaice answered your questions sufficnetly. If not let me know.

Also Raven Reed I just wanted to let you know what we are doing the rune spreads in order they were posted so we can discuss any problems we may have... i will be back latter to do the 5 rune spread and take a closer look at your reading ok?

Raven Reed
November 30th, 2004, 02:20 AM
I am sorry I got excited and went out of order. I will do a three rune spread, although that is harder for me...

piglet
November 30th, 2004, 02:50 PM
Just to clarify - should we put our personal rune meanings list in this thread as well as the readings that we do (past-present-future, ect)?

SilverClaw
November 30th, 2004, 03:47 PM
I am sorry I got excited and went out of order. I will do a three rune spread, although that is harder for me... Well that is the point of the exercise to get familiar with them and practice.

Just to clarify - should we put our personal rune meanings list in this thread as well as the readings that we do (past-present-future, ect)?
piglet are you refering to this?

2) For each Rune I want you to spend about 5 minutes meditating and see what connection you make with it and what meaning you feel each rune means to you. Do not forget to record your meanings in your journal. Once you have completed them all please post your responses.
If so only if you want to , I think I am going to change that considering there is only about 5 of you still doing the lessons regularly. And that it is just something I suggest you do in your own time.

To answer your other question, if you want to just post your reading that is fine to.

piglet
November 30th, 2004, 03:58 PM
Thanks bran. Yes, that is what i was referring to. I have been working on my personal meanings list this afternoon. So, i will post it when i am done. And I will also post my 3 rune reading when I do it. :)

SilverClaw
December 1st, 2004, 12:17 AM
Ok Piglet :D

-------------
I have suggestion to make due to being sick again I am not going to be online as much, so I would appreciate it if you posted your spreads as you do them. If you want to do them all in one post then go ahead. I will try to check in tomorrow morning to see if anyone has questions then that will be it, talk to you soon.

BRAN

Raven Reed
December 1st, 2004, 03:12 AM
Past -Berkano
I started my first degree again with my coven after a seven year hiatus and this new beginning marks a commitment by me to finish my degree this time.

Present - Sowilo
I have the good fortune that my boys are old enough for me to do my own thing now.

Future - Raidho
My endevors in the spiritual realm will continue to progress because I can spend extra time on them.

SilverClaw
December 7th, 2004, 06:35 PM
So how is everyone doing any progress or questions? Let me know.

Lunacie
December 7th, 2004, 07:53 PM
We've had the flu at our house. I need to get cracking on doing a five-rune reading, eh?

SilverClaw
December 7th, 2004, 09:24 PM
Well when you can get to it my dear, when you can get to it.

Wolfscout1
December 7th, 2004, 11:49 PM
Odin's Rune's
Uruz - strength - of will, elaing , path decisons , time of great energy and health/healing.
That is what i'm to do now.

3 Rune Spread
3 outcome- wunjo - balance
2 course of action - radiho make a decision
1 issue - jera - harvest
ok here's what i think this means -- I think its say to me to make use of what i've learned, making a descison to do what i've been thiking on for so long, and wunjo is telling me there will be spiritual reward for my actions.

5 Rune Spread
2 present- isa -standstil/seeking clarity
1 past - nauthiz -need/recognizing path and course to do
4 help- ehwaz - progress can be achieved
5 obstacles - gebo - gifts of balance and protection are needed.
3 result - tiwaz - initioation to be blessed through self sacrifice by healing and giving to all others.

hope i've done all that right. Runes are difficult.

SilverClaw
December 8th, 2004, 05:35 PM
2) PRESENT- oit is time to regain focus and see where I need to continue and what other things I need to let go of to continue both spiritually and non spiritually

1) PAST t- trying to begin new things but having problems completing the new thing

4) HELP- f I need to look within myself

5) OBSTACLES -rit is long past due that these projects have been completed

3) RESULT-TI need to be in better control of these goals I am trying to achieve.

Wolfscout1
December 8th, 2004, 08:28 PM
Glad to see you on Bran. Hope you're doing ok. http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v439/wolfscout1/healing.gif

SilverClaw
December 8th, 2004, 10:55 PM
Thanks Wolfscout1, but really now that smiley does not do much for not wanting to get sick again :wtf:

Wolfscout1
December 9th, 2004, 04:32 AM
Thanks Wolfscout1, but really now that smiley does not do much for not wanting to get sick again :wtf:

Well, it was meant to show that i include you in both prayer and healing thoughts. myabe you won't get sick again. That should be the thought Bran. :fpraise:

SilverClaw
December 9th, 2004, 02:26 PM
Well what it should be and what it came across are two different things.
Now how about the rest of those rune spreads Mr. Wolfscout1.

SilverClaw
December 9th, 2004, 09:59 PM
You know one thing that annoys the helll out of me is when I have my rune set all together and pack it away for the night and then go to use it and fin two pieces are missing grrrrr KIDS:imout:

Raven Reed
December 17th, 2004, 07:04 AM
Jera- harvest, cycle turning, development

I have had a very hard year and hopefully things are turning for the better.

Wolfscout1
December 17th, 2004, 11:59 AM
Well what it should be and what it came across are two different things.
Now how about the rest of those rune spreads Mr. Wolfscout1.

Yes ma'am :fpraise: , i'll get on it and have it posted today by supper. :yikess: :collapse:

SilverClaw
December 17th, 2004, 01:02 PM
Lol Wolfscout :cutesanta Ok I am keeping you to that and will be bugging you to till it is ...just joking just get to it when you can now I am going to go redo some of my runes so I can finsih my readings and since I am in such a good mood I will be preparing the next lesson :D yes I said the Next lesson.heheheh:fpartay:

Wolfscout1
December 17th, 2004, 03:01 PM
haha yeah next lesson -----
and in keeping to my word it's 1:49pm here and here's my 3 readings :

Celtic Cross Spread 6 cards
1. Uruz - untamed potential is my lack of clarity.
2. Pertho - Knowldge of destiny is direction of energies now.
3. Nauthiz - Distress and conflict are blocks to me
4. Algiz - a shield of protection wil stop the blocking of progress.
5. Jera - earlier effects and results realized are what i'm still lacking.
6. Unjo - outcome is to be spiritual reward.
Makes sense with my days lately.

Thor's Hammer 9 card spread
1. Kenaz - passion and love are my masks for the world to see.
2. Algiz - I do have a fear of false goals as they are a waste of valuable time.
3. Isa - I'm seeking clarity of my path.
4. Ansuz - best acheived by journeying for wisdom both in metaphysical and reality.
5. Wunjo - I hope to become more spiritually aware.
6. Pertho - being able to determine the course of my path is stopping me.
7. Tiwaz my destiny is to be a mix of justice and leadership. this would fit with my other activities as well , so it's good read thus far.
8. laguz I need to learn healing powers of renewal to get in touch more with true self.
9. Gebo - True self is a mix of gifts of balance.

World Tree 7 card spread
1. Nathuiz - need to learn that i have the will power to overcome.
2. Uruz - unexpected challenges are harder ...
3. Wunjo - Guiding Rune is Wunjo so has to do with comfort, ectasy, prosperity, spriitual reward all tie my mix of interests.
4. sowilo - contact between higher self and recognising bad counsel will enable me.
5. Jera - a warning of major challenges may be coming.
6. laguz the outcome of the learnng will be a renewal of life energy and growth of self toward the fulfilment of the soul in this life.

Thank you , Bran for what you do.
Larry

SilverClaw
December 17th, 2004, 08:17 PM
Hey Wolfscout great :jamsessio now how did you find doing these readings?

Wolfscout1
December 17th, 2004, 09:01 PM
Hey Wolfscout great :jamsessio now how did you fidn doing these readings?

um, I think i've got a knack for it.
I do have to do some cross checking on what each individual rune means still, cause i don't have it down in my head. But once i look over it and see what the qustion means per the layout , it's not so difficult. often find it quite surprising. The same as i do with my pendulum readings and chart books. And other methods that i've not seen mentioned here at MW anywhere smiles :)

SilverClaw
December 17th, 2004, 10:05 PM
knowing the meanings will take time, but glad to hear that you are getting it :D

Raven Reed
December 17th, 2004, 10:19 PM
1- What is the root of your lack of clarity? Gebo

2- How and where should you direct your enrgies? Raidho

3- What is blocking your progress? Nauthiz

4- What will help you overcome this blockage? Ingwaz

5- What are you still lacking? Laguz

6- what will be the outcome of this experience? Mannaz

I am not certain what the first rune means. I think it has to do with my emotional balance.

However, the rest, I think, goes like this:

I have been stuck. I need to direct my energies in forward movement. I have bi-polar disorder, which means I lack emotional control sometimes. As I grow and as I confine my emotions, I will have more positive relationships, and fulfill my destiny.

Raven Reed
December 17th, 2004, 10:37 PM
1- What mask do you show the world?
Uruz - I show a stronger face to the world than I really am.

2- What fears are within you?
Pertho - I fear that I will not evolve into a stronger being.

3- What are you seeking?
Ihwaz - Transformation, physically and spiritually.

4- How should you best approach this?
Nauthiz - Overcoming emotional hardship.

5- What do you hope to become?
Dagaz - I hope to be successful in my endevours.

6- What is stopping you?
Raidho - I get stuck and do not move forward.

7- What is your destiny?
Thurisaz - I hope to complete my spiritual training and become a 3rd degree.

8- What do you need to learn to find your true self?
Mannaz - My destiny is to learn my true self over time.

9 - What is your true self?
Laguz - An emotional being (Scorpio me... :smile:)

Raven Reed
December 17th, 2004, 10:46 PM
1- What do you need to learn?
Berkano- I need to learn how to turn my life around.

2-What will challenge you?
Pertho- Evolution will be painful.

3-What is your guiding rune?
Gebo- Balance is my goal.

4- What power will help you?
Wunjo- Learning how to have more joy in my life will help me be more balanced.

5- What comes to warn you ?
Mannaz- Relationships are important...

6 - What do you need to let go off?
Ingwaz- Confinement!

7- What will be the outcome of learning this lesson?
Ansuz- Better communication.

SilverClaw
December 18th, 2004, 12:51 AM
The Celtic Cross Spread
1- What is the root of your lack of clarity? Gebo

I am not certain what the first rune means. I think it has to do with my emotional balance.

Ok Raven this is where you should have your rune journal, write it dwn and wokr on this by means of meditating and see what comes to you .

SilverClaw
December 19th, 2004, 01:54 AM
The World Tree

1- d What do you need to learn?
To be happy and enjoy what I have instead of being stressed.

2- f What will challenge you?
Not having a job and my hsuband not being happy at his current ob.

3- o What is your guiding rune?
It is a time to reflect on where I need to be and how to improve and balance things with my family.

4- m What power will help you?

The love and support of my family as always

5- l What comes to warn you ?
Certain fears will arise, that will need to be dealt with.

6 - e What do you need to let go off?
The fear of being hurt and loosing someone I love, and my fear of being criticized when it comes to my art work.

7- t What will be the outcome of learning this lesson?
It will be a time for new beginnings and new projects to start and hopfeully I wll have the balnce I seek to pursue my dreams.

SilverClaw
December 19th, 2004, 04:03 PM
The Celtic Cross Spread

1- p What is the root of your lack of clarity?
Things in my life are being hidden and I have yet to receive the answers I need

2- u How and where should you direct your energies?
I should be directing my energies to my family , by balancing time with them and the other things going in our life.

3- ING What is blocking your progress?
Lack of boundaries, and balance for mysef and from others.

4- n What will help you overcome this blockage?
Deal with the obstacles that are presently in the way.

5- a What are you still lacking?
Balance in both mind, body and spirit

6- c What will be the outcome of this experience?
Insight and wisdom into the things I needed answers to.

SilverClaw
December 19th, 2004, 05:16 PM
Odins Rune

o - I need to figure out where I belong and, and get focussed as to waht is important in my life.

---
I will be back tommorw with my Thors Hammer Reading

Raven Reed
December 21st, 2004, 03:22 PM
I don't think I did this one yet...

Odin's Rune

Ehwaz - I am in the process of changing my life around, emotionally and spiritually.

SilverClaw
December 23rd, 2004, 03:47 PM
Raven Reed I thught you did do it already oh well, at least yoru getting practice.

SilverClaw
December 30th, 2004, 06:24 PM
1 o What mask do you show the world?

Wanting to have a sense of belonging and a permanent place to call home.

2 a What fears are within you?

Fear of not being in control

3 i What are you seeking?

For balance and removal of certain obstacles

4 l How should you best approach this?

By relying on my intuition. Dealing with my fears and grounding my emotions.

5 t What do you hope to become?

Stronger in all aspects.

6 r What is stopping you?

Support and progression due to health

7 z What is your destiny?

Share what I know with others, and my children.

8 e What do you need to learn to find your true self?

I need to get to know my inner self and listen better, and also to act instead of procrastinating

9 m What is your true self?

A person who has family and is deeply blessed.

SilverClaw
January 2nd, 2005, 06:22 PM
In this lesson we looked at divination, and with it we also looked at some simple spreads you can use with your runes. In order to get better at using Runes for divination you need get familiar with the meanings of the Runes, and you can do this by meditating. Once you feel confident enough with the meanings then you can start doing rune spreads.

Also as mentioned in the lesson if you are interested in learning both the Exoteric and Esoteric meanings of the runes I encourage you to check out this site it will http://www.tarahill.com/runes/runemean.html (http://www.tarahill.com/runes/runemean.html)
This is also a good site to learn the menaings of the runes.
That is all for this lesson.

To those of you who have not posted your practice spreads please do so then continue on with the next assignment and lesson.