View Full Version : Presidential Prediction Based on Football

November 1st, 2004, 05:09 PM
Alright, I'm not good with sports and I'm getting this information second hand from my mother who is telling me about it, but I'm curious.

She watched something on T.V. that said every time the Green Bay Packers and the Washington Redskins play their last game just before the presidential election, that if Green Bay wins the current president will not be re-elected. if the Washington Redskins win, the current president will be re-elected.

So, she firmly believes Bush won't be re-elected now. Regardless of that, I'm curious if this is actually true. Can anyone out there who is a sports trivia fanatic confirm this?

November 1st, 2004, 06:20 PM
Saw the very same article on ABC this morning, I believe that it has been correct for the last 30 or so years.

November 2nd, 2004, 01:30 AM
It is true, but this has been a strange year for sports. I blame the Boston Red Sox. So who knows if the Packers/Redskins thing will be in effect this year?

November 2nd, 2004, 02:26 AM
I don't personally buy into the idea that the outcome of these games has any effect on the presidential election to the point that they decide the outcome as if backed by some great power, but it is interesting that things have worked out this way in the past. :hrmm:

November 2nd, 2004, 04:56 AM
i have no idea, i've heard that too.. but don't know if it's true. i guess we'll know soon.