PDA

View Full Version : love

TaylorE
November 1st, 2004, 06:32 PM
I've been thinking about love a lot lately. A friend of mine did a pathworking for me last week and she told me that she saw that in matters of the heart I'd been hurt a lot and needed to let go of that. She also said Aphrodite wanted to work with me. And this last weekend I was made more aware of my attitudes about love.

What are your attitudes and thoughts about love? How do you handle love in your life, whatk idns of love are there?

Tzhebee
November 1st, 2004, 06:43 PM
I have a lot of thoughts about love. Ranging from "it's over-rated" to "it's a pre-requiste for a full and complete life".

How I handle love in my life? Quite poorly aparantly! :lol:

As to what kinds of love (which is the real reason I'm responding). There are literally thousands of kinds. There is the love I have for family members that I don't like. But I still love them. There is the love I have for family members and/or friends that I think the world of. There is the real, deep, complete love you have for some friends that does not include sexual or physical attraction. (this love can be very hard for others to understand). There is the love for someone who completes your life so perfectly that you would be nothing but an empty husk of a person without it. There is physical love that has nothing to do with emotion.

And there is love that you feel for people who have made such a profound difference in your life, whether you have met them in person or not. Which is the kind of love I have for quite a few people here.

And then, there is lost love. The kind where hindsight is 20-20 and you kick yourself in the ass for the rest of your days for not seeing or believing in it at the time.

TaylorE
November 1st, 2004, 11:11 PM
Yeah apparently I handle love pretty poorly myself...lol

A pathworking meditation I did tonight showed me the branches and roots of a lot of issues when it comes to love, particularly romantic love...More often than not i've been an emotionally distant person, keeping people out to avoid getting hurt and tracing why that had happened, where it came from really helped me realize why I didn't want to be that way anymore.

I agree with you that there are different kinds of loves...I'm learning to appreciate the love one has for a friend more than I used to.

~Elise~
November 2nd, 2004, 11:16 AM
Yeah apparently I handle love pretty poorly myself...lol

A pathworking meditation I did tonight showed me the branches and roots of a lot of issues when it comes to love, particularly romantic love...More often than not i've been an emotionally distant person, keeping people out to avoid getting hurt and tracing why that had happened, where it came from really helped me realize why I didn't want to be that way anymore.

I agree with you that there are different kinds of loves...I'm learning to appreciate the love one has for a friend more than I used to.

I had a really long answer almost completely typed to this last night and my darn computer decided to spontaneusly re-boot itself. So--I'll see if I can remember any of my profound words of wisdom...(yeah, right LOL)

I'm with you on the emotionally distant part of things--that's how I was as well. My partner had to prove themselves to me first before I'd open up. But, that isn't the way it is supposed be. Trust, though, is not an easy thing to develop.

But the FIRST thing that has to happen is that you have to be happy and love YOU. Just as you are. Wow--not as easy as it seems. You have to be complete within yourself before a relationship has a chance to become what it should. You have to be happy with who YOU are...esp. in those late, dark, lonely hours when there is no one else. Once you have that, then the rest is a cakewalk.

I've also come to the conclusion that we need those Mr. Right Nows in our lives to be able to appreciate Mr. Right when he does come along. How do we know what we want, if we don't know what we don't want.

I have found my Mr. Right--that someone I want to grow old with. And I love him dearly. Is he perfect? no, and you know what--I love that too. Am I perfect? Hell, no. He loves that, as well.

Where am I going with this? It is don't give up...it is out there. But -- there is work that you can be doing for you and on yourself in the meantime so that you are ready when IT does come along and sweep you off your feet. And it will be when you are NOT looking for it.

JMO and YMMV,

Elise

EmilyFair
November 13th, 2004, 04:40 PM
love...::smiles::

what a topic this is

for me...love is...

a journey of learning, wether that be with one person or with many different people. just as with family, and with friends, each lover comes into our lives, with lessons for us to learn. i believe this is the circle of destiny that carries each of us throughout our lives.

most times, family's lessons are of history, and relationship.... memories and stories told are used in teaching us who we are and where we came from...

lessons learn through friendship are of community, and of sharing... happy times, and times of needing bring friends together to learn from ech other how to care.

it is the lessons of the heart.... those lessons taught to us within the warmth of a lovers embrace, also brutally taught without that warmth, are the ones most misunderstood.

it is with knowing the moral of these stories, these lessons learned, that we can begin to create the relationship of lovig beauty that each of us deserve to enjoy.

it is the smile on one's face when others are thinking..."where did that come from" that is the smile that cannot be explained with words...

that is love

~em

BrigidMoon
November 13th, 2004, 04:45 PM
I've been thinking about love a lot lately. A friend of mine did a pathworking for me last week and she told me that she saw that in matters of the heart I'd been hurt a lot and needed to let go of that. She also said Aphrodite wanted to work with me. And this last weekend I was made more aware of my attitudes about love.

What are your attitudes and thoughts about love? How do you handle love in your life, whatk idns of love are there?

I've always believed in unconditional love for family and friends. It comes in all forms. I love chocolate too but that's different from loving each other (people).

I found my soulmate a while ago. We just celebrated our 1 year anniversary of being together and I am extremely happy.

Dawa Lhamo
November 14th, 2004, 03:32 AM
Well for me, I think love is the most powerful thing in the universe. Whenever I let love guide my thoughts and actions, things have a way of working themselves out. Hmmm... Well, I tend to be pretty poor myself in the way of romantic love. I'm just too indifferent for most people. ^_^ Perhaps it's because I have a difficult time discerning romantic love from familial/friendly love, and can confuse the two pretty easily. I'd say there are a number of levels and sublevels of love, but can generally be divided up: love of strangers (just that general compassion and love that one feels for the next person), love of friends (a much deeper, IMO, love), love of family, affectionate romantic love(new love), romantic love proper(after time). Oh yes, and there is love for things and ideas, too, but I'm not sure I can truly love something inanimate. Though as an animist, that narrows the list down considerably. ^_^

Tashi delek!
Dawa Lhamo