PDA

View Full Version : Writers Block!

greenwitch
November 2nd, 2004, 12:25 PM
I havent been able to post anything here for a while cuz I have writers block! do any of u have any ideas as to what could help me out with this? I can paint and draw and do other of my artistic thingies.... but my writing is suffering so much! I can never think of anythings to put into my poems anymore...... help!

Blrightest Blessings
Adra

Kyra Kismet
November 2nd, 2004, 12:34 PM
Im having this problem too at the moment...think...is there anything in your life that has changed suddenly?sometimes the smallest things can can your writing!

argento_occhi
November 2nd, 2004, 01:09 PM
i hate writer's block, though that hasn't been a problem lately, seeing as though i've been obsessed with this one story (which is turning into a novel by the day) all year. Try not to think about it. Inspiration will come when you least expect it.

witchsmacked
November 2nd, 2004, 11:42 PM
When I get like this, I tend to submerge myself in things that inspire. Music..movies...books...

And then, I write. I don't mean writing my really good stuff. I mean just writing nonsense. Free writing. Anything. I complain about work. I write about the dustbunnies under the bed. Just whatever I can think of. Julia Cameron touches on it in The Artist's Way, by way of the Morning Pages. I do my things like this at night, just before bed. Sometimes I go back and read them, sometimes I just trash them. Some of my best ideas have actually come from these pages.

I do suggest The Artist's Way to any artist..writer...musician...because she has some wonderful things that help you unblock. I just took the idea and made it my own.

A friend of mine, who also writes, works out when she can't get past the block.