PDA

View Full Version : Spirit Guides???

DragonSeer
November 4th, 2004, 11:08 PM
When I was a child (about age 2 thru 4), I had an "imaginary" friend. At least my parents assumed my friend was imaginary. The thing is, I remember seeing him (though I can't make out his face); he stood not much taller than myself. I think that this friend was either my spirit guide (disguising himself in child form so as to appear more palatable to me), or a ghost (though this being showed no signs of ill health or anything like that).

My mom had a strange encounter one night, while sleeping in my bedroom (I was away at college at the time). My dad had just had surgery and had to sleep alone for the first two weeks, per the doctor's orders. That night, my mom was rather upset...I forget why...and was crying/ praying. A being appeared out of thin air and floated above the bed. Per my mom's account, it did not give off any form of light; it was dark, wore dark material, which floated/ flapped around its body, as though some form of wind were rushing toward it. She could even hear the rustling of its robes. It tried pulling down the covers from her face (which she'd desperately tried to prevent, so as to not have to see it). She was terrified and told it again and a again to go away. Suddenly, it vanished as quickly as it had appeared; my mom ran screaming/ crying to my dad in their bedroom. The fact that this all took place in my (now former) bedroom had me spooked for a quite some time; I'm still stumped by who this creature might be. If s/he was from the Light, as I put it, why didn't this being give off any light? The fact that its face couldn't be seen and that it wore dark material still creeps even me.

What are your thoughts on these two stories?

Thanks,

DragonSeer

mucgwyrt
November 5th, 2004, 05:24 AM
Just because it dresses in black doesn't mean it's 'evil'. If that were the case, every goth out there would be ;)

*Rain*
November 5th, 2004, 05:27 AM
In my family we believe that the spirits of your loved ones watch over you fleetingly and that if there is something bad/difficult/sad happening then they stay for a while. When my sister was going through a particularly rough time she used to feel someone sit on the end of her bed, when she looked there was never anyone there, but in the morning or if she turned the light on there was always and indentation in the bedclothes as though someone had sat there. One thing she noticed was that every time it got up to leave it would always stroke her hair before going. She always got an overwhelming sense of our grandad and although it freaked her a bit at first she was never really scared.

My brother when he was very small was very very ill for quite some time. This was when his imaginary friends appeared and he started to talk about them. He was the only one from the 5 of us that ever had any. My mother believes that they were sent to look after him for a while.

We also have a saying in our family - be afraid of the living, not the dead.

number_the_dead
November 5th, 2004, 11:58 AM
I'm not sure. But on the imaginary friend thing, my niece is always telling me about all this imaginary friends she has (she's only four) any way I just laughed it off till she came to stay with us for a while. While I was tending her I was making lunch and she was drawing at the table. All of a sudden she looks straigt up across the room and starts talking. It was like she was answering some ones questions. When I asked her who the heck she was talking to she told me to leave her alone and that she was talking to ... I think the name was jonathan or something, and that he said that a I had better go away and leave her alone. I don't know if she has an extremely over active imagination or what, But it freaked me out the way she was just stareing across the room at nothing.

DragonSeer
November 6th, 2004, 06:07 PM
Just because it dresses in black doesn't mean it's 'evil'. If that were the case, every goth out there would be ;)

I didn't say that it was evil. But I'm not sure of its intentions. All I know is that my mom completely freaked out. Granted, the being eventually "disappeared," but I thought that if a being is going to make its presence known--and knows that said presence may upset the "living"--it's better to do so in such a way that does not play into human stereotypes of what is "evil". That is, why would you appear in dark, tattered-looking rags that whip about your body, as you float above someone? And why wouldn't you bother to show your face? I think the fact that the being was so dark in color/ appearance, my mother was all the more freaked. It didn't speak or anything. I simply floated above her and repeatedly tried pulling the blankets down from her face. All in all, the visit wasn't a successful one--at least not in my mom's eyes.