PDA

View Full Version : Labyrinths

Amadore
November 7th, 2004, 11:01 AM
My community is holding a Labyrinth open to everybody on the 21st of November. I'm thinking of going down to try it. Has anybody ever done one? What's it like? Do you simply walk around or do you chant or do special breathing or something? Thanks!

Neoscottie
November 7th, 2004, 11:56 AM
Do corn mazes count as Labyrinths? If so, than I've never done anything special, exept I try to go in the morning whe there's not many people so I can listen to the sounds of Nature. Oh! And never take your hand off the right wall! :D

Bix
November 7th, 2004, 12:43 PM
Do corn mazes count as Labyrinths? If so, than I've never done anything special, exept I try to go in the morning whe there's not many people so I can listen to the sounds of Nature. Oh! And never take your hand off the right wall! :D
Why is it always the right wall? Couldn't you use the left wall as well?

Neoscottie
November 7th, 2004, 12:58 PM
Well, yes... But that's breaking tradition! LOL ;)

Sinatra
November 7th, 2004, 01:03 PM
Labyrinths don't have dead ends, so you can pretty much just keep going straight.

I just like to use the time to think things over.

midnightreflections
November 7th, 2004, 02:58 PM
Never been to an organised one before - I use them a lot though

-Ember
November 7th, 2004, 03:13 PM
With an organised one it will depend on the organizers and what you do with it. You can use it as a moving meditation, you can channel it into a specific purpose and chant, you can walk through it without doing anything but move your legs.

ap Dafydd
November 7th, 2004, 03:37 PM
A labyrinth is unicursal so you don't need to follow either the right or the left hand wall!

One way of doing it is to consider who you might meet at each turning on your path to the centre, and what message you might receive from them or give to them in turn

gwyn eich byd

Ffred