PDA

View Full Version : Magick of Reiki by Penczak, Christopher

sincerebliss
November 11th, 2004, 09:54 PM
Has anyone read this book? What are your thoughts or opinions on it? I don't know too much about reiki and I would love to learn! I'm thinking about buying it soon! :flowers:
Thanks.
Alicia

novena
November 13th, 2004, 01:18 AM
I just came into this forum wondering about the same book. I've been a reiki master for several years but am new to magic and have been thinking of ways to combine the two.

I may just go ahead and buy the book anyway, then let folks here know about my experience with it. The book has gotten good reviews on Amazon, for what it's worth.

:)

-- novena

indigo rain
November 13th, 2004, 11:47 AM
i didn't know he'd written that one. i love christopher's other stuff. when did it come out?

Ben Gruagach
November 13th, 2004, 11:56 AM
i didn't know he'd written that one. i love christopher's other stuff. when did it come out?

It's brand new (just came out this month I believe.)

I just picked up a copy but haven't read it yet. I don't know anything about Reiki apart from the fact it's a way of healing using energy. This is my first book on Reiki so I'd be interested too to hear what people who know more about Reiki have to say about the book.

indigo rain
November 13th, 2004, 12:13 PM
*goes off to amazon* :) yay! christopher AND reiki. i've been meaning to learn about rieki.

sincerebliss
November 14th, 2004, 02:13 AM
lol..I just bought it from Amazon. I'm waiting for it to be delivered..yay! :)

arctic splash
November 14th, 2004, 03:00 AM
It's a good book. I like the fact that he doesn't stick to any particular tradition of Reiki, and believes that it has to change and evolve. He believes attunements can be done by a practitioner at any level, and that one doesn't necessarily need to be attuned to symbols to use them. (As a Level I Shamballa practitioner, I attuned someone, and it seemed to work pretty well!)

I love the way he writes and explains things, but as for Reiki itself, he doesn't give *too* much new information that can't be found elsewhere. He talks a little bit about combining moon magic with Reiki, candles, crystals, forming a Reiki circle... and I guess it's all stuff that most of us magically inclined Reiki practitioners would come up with on our own... all pretty basic, but interesting just the same. He's a good writer, and I get the sense when I read him that he's writing to me as a friend.

There has been little written on combining magic and Reiki, and for that reason alone, I think Penczak's book is great. I've always felt that Reiki and magic go hand-in-hand, but apparently, a lot of people don't make the connection. I did. He did. :)

There are lots of symbols in the book... *lots* of symbols... and it's fascinating to read through the symbols and what they're used for.

Oh, anyone who wants to learn a little bit about Reiki, feel free to come to me.

Cinnamon Girl
November 14th, 2004, 10:54 PM
I picked this book up a couple of weeks ago but haven't gotten a chance to go through it in-depth yet. I've been wanting to learn reiki for awhile so I figured this would be a good addition to my library. Now I just have to find the right teacher and I'll be on my way. :)

arctic splash
November 15th, 2004, 06:36 AM
I picked this book up a couple of weeks ago but haven't gotten a chance to go through it in-depth yet. I've been wanting to learn reiki for awhile so I figured this would be a good addition to my library. Now I just have to find the right teacher and I'll be on my way. :)

I'd look into some of the alternative forms of Reiki, if only because it's cheaper (about $60 per level, including master level, for Shamballa... compared with $150 per level and who knows how much for traditional Reiki master). AND you can find a tradition that agrees with you. :) Also, some traditions claim that they offer more powerful energy than traditional Reiki (I don't know if that's true, but my Shamballa I was *very* powerful).

I don't know where you live, but my teacher is Cristina McGee in central MA. She's a very sweet woman, and I definitely recommend her.

novena
November 15th, 2004, 06:31 PM
Folks:

I am a master teacher/healer in Usui Reiki and can pass reiki attunements at a distance. If you'd like a -- free! -- attunement to reiki, just PM or e-mail me to let me know, as I'd be happy to oblige. The world can always use more healers.

FYI: in Usui Reiki, there are three levels of attunement. I'm happy to give you all three, though you'll want to wait in between the attunements to give yourself time to adjust to the new energy.

:)

-- novena

Anubis RainHawk
November 15th, 2004, 11:44 PM
Christopher Penczak's an awesome writer and I would recommend any of his books.

Anubis RainHawk

LisaT4P
January 25th, 2005, 11:23 AM
I have this book and one thing that I'd like to find out about is whether or not anyone else has seen anything about "time" and Reiki in other places. In many ways I found the first 6 chapters to be similar to Diane Stein's book Essential Reiki but the idea of using the Hon Sha Ze Sho Nen symbol to heal things from the past intrigued me in this book and I dont' think I had seen that mentioned elsewhere.

Has anyone attempted to use Reiki to move into the past to heal, as suggested in the book? I had mostly used the 3rd symbol for distance healing previously and the idea of healing old wounds is a new one, for me. I also have not worked much with the 2nd (Sei He Ki) symbol for specifically emotional healing, although I do include the symbol when performing treatments.

Oh, and I thought the inclusion of new "modern" symbols was great. Especially the Shanti symbol. I fell asleep with that on my mind last evening. :)

Thanks!

Sage Rainsong
January 25th, 2005, 12:10 PM
I read about a woman who used energy healing on a teen with ADD. She said that it happened due to womb trauma so she attempted to heal the past. Apparently it worked well.

LisaT4P
February 7th, 2005, 09:15 AM
Well, I've finally finished this book and I have to say that it was worth the read and worth what I traded for it (a tarot deck).

The portion of the book that deals with Magick is pretty much from Chapter 8 on, so if you're already familiar with Reiki, you can skip the first 7 chapters and get back to them later.

One of the things I really liked was the healing circle he describes by using Cho Ku Rei's to cast and define sacred space.

If you're looking to expand your knowledge of Reiki and use it in new ways, I recommend this book. :)

arctic splash
February 9th, 2005, 03:03 AM
I am a master teacher/healer in Usui Reiki and can pass reiki attunements at a distance. If you'd like a -- free! -- attunement to reiki, just PM or e-mail me to let me know, as I'd be happy to oblige. The world can always use more healers.

It makes me very happy everytime I see another person who believes that the gift of healing is everyone's birthright, that the world could use more healing and that it would be wonderful if it was going on all around us, every day. I really can't agree or relate to those who say "I can't attune you to Reiki unless I know you're very serious about learning," etc. Sure, there are things to learn, but not everyone has to be a so-called expert.

What do you need to know, really, but just put your hands on someone or yourself and let it flow! Nothing could be easier, and that's really all it takes. Positions? Bah, use your intuition and common sense. Sure, more serious students will want to learn more advanced techniques, and healing positions for various physical and emotional problems, but I'm saddened by how many people refuse to acknowledge how *easy* it is.

I read an article recently by a healer teaching a class at a holistic resort. He was at lunch with his students and one of his students proceeded to heal him. A security guard walked up and said, "No healing here!" He said, "What?!" The security guard was serious. "We have a healing room. If I let you do healing here, pretty soon people will be healing everywhere!"

Well! Is that not the point? I thought so!

starfish
February 28th, 2005, 02:17 PM
I have not read this book, just wanted to comment on healing the past. I use this, and it does seem to work. You can send reiki to anything, it is wonderful. I have sent reiki to the future also-when I have a dentist appointment coming up or an important event. Anything that needs healing, I believe reiki will help.

Earthy
February 28th, 2005, 06:17 PM
I have just added it to my amazon wish list, it has good reviews.
i have just become interested in distance healing, and i guess Reiki is definitely the way to go, so this book should be a good read :)