PDA

View Full Version : past lives

morrigan
November 14th, 2004, 02:30 AM
for some time now i have wanted to find out about my past lives.. The urge to do this is getting stronger and stronger and I feel there are lessons learned in the past which i need to draw on now.. things usually come through as i need them but this time i think i want to kick start the process.. does anyone know of some good web sites or books on this.?. I'm thinking of starting with some channeling and meditations of some sort but any ideas on the matter would be much appreciated.. Blessed Be ~Morrigan~

wannabwiccan212
November 14th, 2004, 02:53 AM
for some time now i have wanted to find out about my past lives.. The urge to do this is getting stronger and stronger and I feel there are lessons learned in the past which i need to draw on now.. things usually come through as i need them but this time i think i want to kick start the process.. does anyone know of some good web sites or books on this.?. I'm thinking of starting with some channeling and meditations of some sort but any ideas on the matter would be much appreciated.. Blessed Be ~Morrigan~

Hello i would also like to learn about my past life(s) so if anyone can tell me a site or anything that would be very helpful.Thanks.

morrigen
November 14th, 2004, 06:15 AM
The only thing that comes to mind is hypnotic regression. But if you're going to try it, make sure you go to someone trustworthy.

mucgwyrt
November 14th, 2004, 06:15 AM
You can buy regression tapes, etc. I have one by dick stuphen which is quite good (except that he specifies age - "go back to when you were 25" - and since all my last incarnations died before they reached 21, its pretty useless to me :lol: ).

I dont know about meditations etc, because all of my dreams & waking-visions came unaided. Maybe you could try something like Skullcap (I think thats for vision, I forget :bigredblu ) or Mugwort (for prophecy) or vitamin b (makes your dreams clearer, supposedly - I've never tried this one) before you go to sleep.

OH, or you might want to try scrying? :)

xx

morrigan
November 14th, 2004, 08:40 AM
I might give scrying a try.. at the moment i am pregnant so using herbs etc will have to wait for a while just to be on the safe side.. thanks for the ideas.. Blessed Be ~Morrigan~

teishabee
November 14th, 2004, 04:08 PM
I remember there being a past lives mirror ritual. You look in the mirror and unfocus on your features. After a while your meant to see changes. supposely the people you were in a past life. Try searching the forum, I remember someone posting it in detail.

Fairyelf
November 14th, 2004, 10:44 PM
I remember there being a past lives mirror ritual. You look in the mirror and unfocus on your features. After a while your meant to see changes. supposely the people you were in a past life. Try searching the forum, I remember someone posting it in detail.

thats pretty neat, I might wanna try that one

Mab
November 14th, 2004, 10:51 PM
just a caution: Nighthawk did an exercise like this in his collective memory class, and for those of us not used to seeing things like this it was quite a shock. Freaked me out, I can tell you. When my features shifted & changed, it scared the hell outta me.

So, I don't know that I'd just jump into this one unless you're used to scrying & seeing things.

XanderAmon
November 14th, 2004, 10:52 PM
My personal favorite exercize:

If you suspect that you had a certain kind of life- or lived in a certain time period- you can use this meditation excercize to find out more. Once you're completely relaxed, find yourself facing a door. The door can be any size, shape, color or material, as long as it displays some symbol or signifigance for you- the book I read suggests the symbol of the Tarot Wheel of Fortune. Step through the door and find yourself in a corridor with several chambers branching off. Each chamber is a life. Find the chamber of the life you want to explore- in it will be clothes you wore during that life, letters you wrote or recieved, basically every signifigant item you owned in that lifetime. Choose one item. Pick it up. Fiddle with it. If it's a peice of clothing, put it on. See what memories each item jogs. When you're ready to leave, just imagine a warm light or a cloud of mist surrounding you.

Sothis*Crowfeather
November 16th, 2004, 10:29 AM
I've havn't come across any good books on the subject...of course I havn't really been looking.:) All my past live memories I got eather from dreams or by asking my spirt guide to show me them while in mediation. That might be harder for other pepole though...my spirit guide lets me know when he's around, while others may not have even know they have one. But if you do, than you might want to try it that way. It should be safe, spirit guides are very protective.:) I however don't claim to be an expert at it.
BTW cool meditation Xander! I might try that soon. :bouncysmi

seekerofknwoledge
November 16th, 2004, 09:25 PM
yay, a past lives thread! i became interested in my past lives when i first started looking into paganism. since then i have been able to gain more knowledge about my past lives. i often do tarot cards, or look up things that feel right. for example, in a past life i had consumption, so whenever i look it or the time period up, i feel this weird connection. if you have any inclination of what your past life try looking them up. i find this topic particularly fascinating, so i'd be glad to discuss it more if anyone wants to.-seeker

zakzekezedd
November 17th, 2004, 11:10 PM
Hypnotic regression is a common method of recovering past life memories. Dreams and meditations can be useful if you don't have access to someone who can help you through a hypnotice regression. I feel that most of us do have past life "memories" or connections, it is just recognizing them. If you have a fascination with a particular period of history there is a very good chance that you have a strong past life connection there. You can use that as a starting point for guided meditations to work towards reclaiming those memories. The same can be true of smells, music, or other stimuli that trigger a deep emotional response in you. These are all potential memory triggers for events in this life or even events in a past life. Dreams can be another source of past life information. Working with your spirit guides can also be very useful. Don't be upset if your "memories" don't play back like a movie though. Our memories even in this life are in all truth rather piecemeal....a little bit here, a little bit there. The events and experiences that for some reason have left a "mark" on our psyche, our soul are there, but a lot of the "boring" stuff just sort of fades away.

morrigan
November 18th, 2004, 03:55 AM
ty all for your suggestions.. I have had some success with finding out about some of my past lives.. so far information about 5 lives have come through..I found that channeling was the best way for the information to come through.. once it started i had trouble keeping up.. what i know so far is fairly general and i'm sure over time more details will come through.. once again ty for all your help

cheddarsox
November 20th, 2004, 10:09 AM
To remember lessons we've learned in this live or others, I suggest writing stories. As you write, the lessons will emerge as your characters speak them or act them out. Everything you write, all your characters come from you and what you know. This has been a tremendous help to me.

cheddar

misschief
November 20th, 2004, 10:13 AM
i really don't know... but i can tell you this.. i was at that same place not very long ago, and it turned out to be more harmful than helpful. so be careful with it.

zakzekezedd
November 20th, 2004, 11:50 AM
i really don't know... but i can tell you this.. i was at that same place not very long ago, and it turned out to be more harmful than helpful. so be careful with it.
Regrettably sometimes past life memories can be very powerful and very painful. It can be very difficult to work through images and emotions that can be overwhelmingly powerful--more powerful than even memories we have from this lifetime. And sometimes it is almost as if a floodgate has been opened, and it is very difficult to control the flow of information that comes to you. I suppose that as with most things, the old axiom "Be careful what you wish for, you just might get it" applies to reconnecting with past life memories too. I haven't had that intense of an experience, but I have a friend who was very nearly overwhelmed by the intensity of their past life memories.

Shana-chan
November 20th, 2004, 01:06 PM
I've had lots of ways that I've remembered my past lives. A lot of the time, I can figure them out simply by the way I react to things.

If I'm in history class, and I realize that I know things that the book doesn't say, or if I remember specific details that they show, just before they say it. Also, in one of Gordon Michael-Scallion's books (it has stars on the front, and I think it might have 'Prophecy' in the title, I don't remember), he talks a lot about the past of the earth itself, and a lot of it triggered memories in the back of my mind that came forward.

Other times I remember them, it usually comes from having a dream that isn't so twisted as my dreams usually are. Those dreams often end up really being 'memories' of my past.

Also, I have a habit of, when I look at something and it looks like one thing, say the back of a movie case which looks like it says Alehandra, but it really said, A New Day, or something like that, I try to take it as a sign. I write it down. It might not actually mean anything, but if it looks clear enough to be one thing, but really isn't, then that's gotta mean something, right? ^.^ I've found some things from that.

I read books, too, which sometimes gives a certain ping to the back of my brain. *shrug*

Just, whatever works, I guess.