PDA

View Full Version : Santeria/Ifa class banner

Anubis RainHawk
November 14th, 2004, 02:05 PM
Here's a banner for this class made by Faeawyn.

http://www.mysticwicks.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=34244

http://www.mysticwicks.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=34244

Anubis RainHawk

semi
November 14th, 2004, 02:33 PM
WOW!!!!!!! That's awesome!! It's like we have a real class, now. Very very nice. THANK YOU FAEAWYN!

Um...I'm not techinically proficient. All I can do is look at it. Can anyone tell me how to use it?

Anubis RainHawk
November 14th, 2004, 02:54 PM
Go to the User CP to the section that says "edit signiture". Then go to the top of the message section and find the one that says "insert image". Put the url in that space and update. Does that help?

Anubis RainHawk

semi
November 14th, 2004, 04:12 PM
It helps very much except....what's a url? I'm serious. I'm that technically illiterate. Sad.

Faeawyn
November 14th, 2004, 04:21 PM
Go to the banner depot section of Arts and Crafts....There's a sticky there called "How to post a banner" :) It will explain :)

Londubh
November 14th, 2004, 07:43 PM
a url is the world wide web address of a site on the internet. so www.mysticwicks.com is a url.

it looks like annubis rainhawk has provided a url address under the banner faeawyn made.

BrigidMoon
November 14th, 2004, 07:44 PM
That's an awesome banner :)

Tzhebee
November 19th, 2004, 02:41 PM
Semi- here is how to attach the banner:

Place your mouse over the image and click the right mouse button. At the bottom of the pop-up box, left-click on "properties.
A new box pops up. One of the items says Address (URL): place your mouse at the very beginning of that line Just before the http. Left-click and HOLD the mouse button down, drag it to the end of the line, the end of 34244, and release the button. Now the text is highlighted.
With the text still highlighted, you need to press the Ctrl and C keys on your keyboard (press and hold Ctrl, then press C, then release them both). This copies the text you just highlighted.
Now you can click OK on the pop-up box and you will be returned to MW. In the task bar at the top of the page, you will see User CP. Click that text.
On the left hand side you will see Edit Signature. Click that text.
Now click on the "Insert Image" button (Located under the [color] box, it looks like a yellow square with a mountain, just to the left of the earth image with a chain-link)
Another new window pops up. You need to push and hold the Ctrl key and V key on your keyboard.
The line you copied http (yaddayadda)34244 should now appear in that pop-up box. Click OK.
Click Save Signature.

Now you should have the image in your sig line. Good luck.

(I know it looks like a lot, but it's very simple...I believe you can do it. :uhhuhuh: )

semi
November 19th, 2004, 06:00 PM
Funny. I did what Anubis and Faeawyn said and I ended up with that box with the x in it in my sig. No fault of theirs. I just can't seem to get stuff like this no matter how simple it is. I'm an artist, dammit. I'm a musician and a writer. I don't think this way. It's like a learning disability. Like a blank spot in my mind. No, it's a spot that's filled with more useful knowledge, yeah, that's it.

Tz, I will try again the next time I have a rare moment of clarity. Thanks to everyone for trying.

Shanti
November 19th, 2004, 06:07 PM
Funny. I did what Anubis and Faeawyn said and I ended up with that box with the x in it in my sig. No fault of theirs. I just can't seem to get stuff like this no matter how simple it is. I'm an artist, dammit. I'm a musician and a writer. I don't think this way. It's like a learning disability. Like a blank spot in my mind. No, it's a spot that's filled with more useful knowledge, yeah, that's it.

Tz, I will try again the next time I have a rare moment of clarity. Thanks to everyone for trying.
Excuse me...but the banner says student...ya need one that says teach on it, teach!!!!

I'll take a crack at this. Click on the thumbnail. OK you have the pic. Copy the URL in the address bar of your browser.
Now go back. Now open your cp.
Click egit sig.
Click the icon that is a little pic at the top.
A box pops up.
Copy the url of the pic there.
hit ok.
You should see it right away!

semi
November 19th, 2004, 07:03 PM
Shanti, nope, sorry. I'm a student like eveybody else. And as far as your techy stuff goes, la la la la I can't hear you. I will try again sometime.