PDA

View Full Version : Is this a good site?

ratdog423
November 14th, 2004, 09:59 PM
I found this site: www.witchway.net. Is it any good?

sincerebliss
November 14th, 2004, 10:48 PM
Good as in accurate? I'm not sure but it seems to be a good accurate site from looking at it for a little while. If you want to know more about Wicca or any of the other pagan religions you might want to check out these sites:
Witchvox (great for witchy news and I've linked to the pagan traditions) (http://www.witchvox.com/xtrads.html)
Wiccan Belief--great for accuracy! Look through this link thoroughly and you will find a lot of info (http://www.religioustolerance.org/witchcra.htm)
Side Note: You have PLENTY of time to learn about whichever religion of your choice. There's no need to rush. I felt like I had to rush when I first started Wicca to catch up with all the knowledgable people here.. but that's not the case. When I rushed, I learned less. Take your time to ask anything here that you don't undertstand but seek the knowledge first. Remember to read..read...read. Go to your library and get a library card and check out some books. Go to Barnes and Noble or a book store and buy a book in the New Age section. The internet is always a great resource. Join a class here @ MW. Just some ideas...Good luck on your journey! :broomride

Faelon_Moon_Hawk
November 16th, 2004, 10:23 PM
um...i'm saying...no...there's better. First off in their what is wicca section, the say:
Wicca had its organized beginnings in Paleolithic times, co- existed with other Pagan ("country") religions in Europe, and had a profound influence on early Christianity. that's just not true. wicca has only been around for about 50 years or so.

They have some inaccuracies in their FAQ too, claiming all witches worship the tripple goddess and her consort, the horned god...all witches do not do that. some might, but certainly not all. Here they also again, claim wicca is an ancient religion.

So based on their rather inaccurate material on wicca and witch craft, i'd say this site isn't very good. They do have some an ok ritual section, which might be helpful, as well as a shop...but for info, i give them a thumbs down.

ratdog423
November 19th, 2004, 04:27 PM
Side Note: You have PLENTY of time to learn about whichever religion of your choice. There's no need to rush. I felt like I had to rush when I first started Wicca to catch up with all the knowledgable people here.. but that's not the case. When I rushed, I learned less. Take your time to ask anything here that you don't undertstand but seek the knowledge first. Remember to read..read...read. Go to your library and get a library card and check out some books. Go to Barnes and Noble or a book store and buy a book in the New Age section. The internet is always a great resource. Join a class here @ MW. Just some ideas...Good luck on your journey! :broomride
It does almost feel like I have to rush. lol. But I know that to make a good decision, I need to be informed first. :)
My library didn't have any books at all on Wicca or Pagan religions. The used book stores didn't have any either. I went to Books A Million and they had a few. So I bought one from there. I'm going to go back and get one of the others though, because the one I bought doesn't seem to be a great resource. I've been reading a lot on the internet because I haven't been finding good book sources around here. Its kind of hard to tell which sites have good information, and which sites don't though.