PDA

View Full Version : Question on FOCUSING

blackcatwiccan01090
November 18th, 2004, 08:49 PM
I need help... I used to be able to jump right into a meditated state, but right now there's so much on my mind it seems impossible... how do I clear my mind so I can concentrate? Help? Please?

goddess bless

:falloffch

:spinner: :uhhuhuh: :ahhhh: :crazyman: :ugh:

spirit wind
November 18th, 2004, 10:42 PM
Not sure if it will help or not, but i use the bridge method to clear my mind.

In your mind you just walk over a bridge and throw all your worries and cares over the edge. Sometimes i actually visualise me throwing the person i have worries about over the edge and call out to them to treadwater and i will be back later to fish them out (maybe!)

It works every time. Though sometimes i find myself in fits of laughter over who i have thrown in the water :)

So maybe it might not help you.....

Romani Vixen
November 18th, 2004, 10:52 PM
ground and center... that's the best way that I've found.

-Ember
November 19th, 2004, 02:35 AM
I trained myself to a particular visualization sequence. If I use it, I focus, no matter what I'm doing. Pavlov's dogs drooling sort of trick. I use a color/number pattern. You could do the same or develop your own. You could use something like the bridge, or waves lapping up onto shore and covering you a little more each time, or a billion other images. Just make sure it is something you aren't going to use for something else unrelated and that it has a couple steps to let you sink into it.

AlAskendir
November 19th, 2004, 03:00 AM
I need help... I used to be able to jump right into a meditated state, but right now there's so much on my mind it seems impossible... how do I clear my mind so I can concentrate? Help? Please?

goddess bless

:falloffch

:spinner: :uhhuhuh: :ahhhh: :crazyman: :ugh:

I don't know if others have posted the grounding and centering techniques...here goes.

1 Sit some place where you won't be disturbed for a while (like about 1/2 of an hour);
2 Breathe deeply, slowly, & evenly;
3 As you exhale, imagine/see/feel that brilliantly white energy is pouring down on you from the sky, or the beyond, or the gods, or the Goddess, or something;
4 As you inhale, imagine/see/feel that white energy coming into the pores of your skin and down into your head, washing away all thought, all reactions, all lists of things to do, etc;
5 Repeat 3 and 4 several times, slowly letting the white light flow all throughout your head, shoulders, arms, chest, torso, groin, legs, and feet;
6 Let the center of your consciousness drop from hovering just behind your forehead/ eyes, dropping down along your spine until it is in your belly (when you've become 'good' at this you'll find it more difficult to think than to feel);
7 Put all of your listening attention just inside your own ears, and fairly soon you should hear something...a buzzing, ringing, humming kind of thing (it's different for everyone); That sound is the Power of the Gods flowing thru you - - - everyone has it all of the time, but most pay no attention to it,, when you pay attention to it, the 'sound' "drowns out" your own thoughts and 'measures' your ability to focus on it.

I Hope this Helps you!

SacredWithin
November 19th, 2004, 11:36 AM
I was going to suggest that you visualize cleansing light (color that you believe helps cleanse you) and picture that light cleansing your mind, aura and chakras. That's the only thing I can think of. There might be something that is bothering you and you have not come to terms with that yet.