PDA

View Full Version : Paranormal book recommendations

Laisrean
November 21st, 2004, 10:53 AM
Anyone have any recommendations for books on anything paranormal, cryptozoological, or anything else bizarre? I just finished reading Cryptozoology A to Z by Loren Coleman and Mark A. Hall, which had short entries on almost every thing related to cryptozoology. It's good for an introduction on the subject, but as I said the entries are very short and so don't go into much detail. I would like to read things that go into a bit more detail because I find it interesting.

Oh, and I recommend anything by John A. Keel. I read Mothman Prophecies and another book of his and both were very excellent.

arctic splash
November 23rd, 2004, 07:34 AM
Anyone have any recommendations for books on anything paranormal, cryptozoological, or anything else bizarre? I just finished reading Cryptozoology A to Z by Loren Coleman and Mark A. Hall, which had short entries on almost every thing related to cryptozoology. It's good for an introduction on the subject, but as I said the entries are very short and so don't go into much detail. I would like to read things that go into a bit more detail because I find it interesting.

Oh, and I recommend anything by John A. Keel. I read Mothman Prophecies and another book of his and both were very excellent.

Depends on what you mean by paranormal... I think... but one book that wouldn't really be considered paranormal, but has awesome stories about past lives, bilocation, physical manifestation of objects out of 'nowhere,' and... whatever you call those people who get the wounds of the crucifix (I always lose the word)... is The Holographic Universe, by (Michael?) Talbot. It's really a book about the implicate order, a theory of physics, which he claims explains such phenomena. I was totally amazed by the story of the Indian swami...

Years ago there used to be a really cool e-book -- I wonder if you can still find it online -- by a man who learned astral projection and wrote all about his experiences. I believe I also saw it in the bookstore, so you can find it there too. Learning astral projection, for him, brought many other psychic experiences into his life. (Does anyone know what I'm talking about? It was a while ago. The only part I remember is where he somehow managed to psychically get the money out of the parking meter.) :)